Quick Recipes With Raisins
Here are delicious and quick recipes with raisins that you could try making at home!
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Raisins, as we know, are sun-dried grapes. These naturally sweet candies are produced in several regions of the world as green, brown, and black raisins. Typically, only seedless grapes are used. Raisins have a berry-like texture that adds a chewy layer to dishes. As a garnish or to add sweet and tangy flavors to a spicy dish, raisins are quite versatile.
When eaten in moderation, these fiber-packed raisins offer numerous health benefits as they are loaded with minerals and vitamins. In addition to this, raisins are a natural source of boron, a mineral that helps to keep osteoporosis at bay. From homemade granola and cookies to protein-rich salads and ladoos, here are a few easy ways to incorporate raisins in your meals.
Table of Contents
Recipe 1- Raisin Laddoo
- Ghee – 2tbsp
- Raisins – 1 cup
- Roasted peanuts – 1.5 cups
- Desiccated coconut powder 1/4th cup
- Powdered pista powder – ½ cup
- Step 1: Roast raisins in ghee and grind it.
- Step 2: Add roasted and powdered peanuts.
- Step 3: Add desiccated coconut powder.
- Step 4: Mix everything and make balls like laddoo shapes.
- Step 5: Roll the balls in powdered pista powder. Serve.
- Serve these delicious raisin laddoos with a glass of chilled milk.
- These are also great as in-between snacks for active people.
- The sweetness makes them apt for those with a sweet tooth too!
Recipe 2- Kishmish Malpua
- Maida – 1 cup
- Banana – 2
- Kishmish/Raisins – handful
- Aniseed – 1tsp
- Ghee – as required
- Sugar – 3/4th cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Saffron – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Boil water and sugar till one string chasni is formed.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder and keep it aside.
- Make a batter of maida and mashed ripe bananas using approx. a cup of water or as required. Batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Add a handful of kishmish and aniseed.
- Prepare malpua in ghee and immerse these in prepared sugar syrup.
- Serve garnished with Rabdi and rose petals.
- Kishmish malpua can be served for breakfast or as a festive treat.
- Small piece of fresh coconut can be added to enhance the taste.
- Kids will love this tasty treat. It is full of goodness quotients of bananas and raisins.
- People who have access to small sized fragrant banana can use it as it will render a nice natural aroma to the malpuas.
Recipe 3- Beans With Raisins
- Groundnut oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion rings separated – 1 large onion
- Beans – 250 g
- Whole Cashews – 8 to 10
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper – 1.5 tsp
- Spicy red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Heat groundnut oil.
- Brown the onion rings.
- Add the cashews and brown these.
- Add diagonally cut beans, salt, crushed pepper and red chilli powder. Cook.
- Do not overcook the beans. The beans should be a bit crunchy.
- Add a handful of soaked and drained raisins. Stir and serve.
- Serve it hot parathas.
- Can be served as a side dish.
- Generally, kids do not like beans, but they will love the burst of the sweetness of the raisins and the bite of kaju with the beans.
- Add this as a filling in a sandwich, top it up with grated processed cheese, grill, and serve.
Recipe 4- Chicken and Raisins Salad
Ingredients for Salad-
- Chicken breast – 1 cup cut into cubes, peppercorns 3 to 4
- Pineapple – ½ cup diced, Raisins – ½ Cup
Ingredients of Dressing –
- hung curd 2 tbsp
- mayo 1tsp
- black pepper crushed 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- lemon juice 1 tsp
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients under dressing.
- Keep refrigerated till serving time.
- For boiling the chicken, pressure cook chicken breast, water, salt, peppercorns upto 2 whistles.
- Cool and cut the chicken into cubes.
- Mix the chicken and the pineapple.
- Add in the raisins.
- Gently mix in the dressing.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve immediately.
- This can be served as a side dish for a meal comprising pasta, or fragrant rice.
- This can also be served as a light snack or light supper.
- The salad can be served on lettuce leaves.
Recipe 5- Black Raisin Oats Cookies
- Oats 1 cup
- Maida 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- Black raisin 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder ½ tbsp
- Water 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1/4 tsp
- Beat butter, sugar, milk till fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add sifted maida, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Combine all the above.
- Add oats, black raisins and combine.
- Add water to knead a light dough.
- Make small cookies of desired shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx 15 to 20minutes at 190 degrees Centigrade.
- Cool on a cooling rack before serving.
- Tastes well with a cup of hot chocolate.
- These cookies are good for mid meal small hunger pangs.
- Butter used is Amul white butter.
- If you do not have access to vanilla extract, you may add 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- The trick to bake perfect cookies is to remove it from the oven once you see the base has browned. The cookies would be very light to handle. On cooling they will retain the shape.
- Healthy cookies as it has oats and raisins.
- Good for kids and adults both.
- Store the cooled down cookies in an airtight container.
Few things to be kept in mind while using raisins is that first you should always wash them well to get rid of the dirt. Do not use very stale raisins as it will ruin the recipe. Once you buy the raisins, transfer them in an airtight container for storing. Do try out the above recipes and leave us a feedback.