Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy & Compact Chopper Review
We tested the Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy & Compact Chopper in our test kitchen for weeks. Is this tool worth a purchase?
Love cooking but hate chopping? A good quality chopper can save your day. Manual choppers are the most underrated kitchen appliances but when used the right way can save a lot of time. Though these require you to get your arms working, they are an economical option to buy.
Manual choppers work by pulling the cord and the more you pull the finer will be the cut. They work without the need for electricity and thus will help you save on your electricity bills.
With the popularity of manual choppers increasing day by day, different brands have come into the market with their unique innovations. With 1 lakh plus ratings online, Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy & Compact chopper piqued our curiosity. We decided to find how the Pigeon chopper works in practicality.
How well does it chop vegetables? Does it chop nuts too? How smooth is the chopping process? Find out all the answers to your questions in our pigeon plastic mini handy and compact chopper review, that will help you make a better buying decision.
Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy And Compact Chopper- Everything You Need To Know
The Pigeon plastic chopper has a compact design thus storing it in your kitchen will not be a hassle. From chopping nuts to veggies, does this manual chopper do its job smoothly?
This section discusses the packaging, body material, blade material, capacity and other features in our Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy and Compact chopper review.
The Pigeon chopper comes in a square shaped box. Inside the box you will find the Pigeon chopper. The chopper was wrapped in plastic. The blade is securely packed inside the body cavity of the chopper.
2. Body Material
The body material of the Pigeon chopper is made of Polypropylene. The rope used in this chopper is made of polyester. It comes with an anti-skid base that enhances the stability and provides comfort while using the Pigeon chopper.
3. Blade Material
The blades of the Pigeon chopper are made of stainless steel. It includes three blades that are extremely light in weight.
The container capacity of the Pigeon chopper is 400 ml. You can use it for the purpose of storing as well.
5. Ease of Cleaning
Since the parts of the Pigeon chopper are easy to detach, cleaning every part becomes quick and effortless. While cleaning the chopper, make sure that you use lukewarm water and a mild detergent.
The Pigeon chopper has a weight of 200 grams which makes it extremely light and easy to carry.
The pigeon plastic mini handy and compact chopper is priced at Rs. 545/- .
8. Warranty Information
The product comes with a warranty of 30 days that is limited and is applicable in case of manufacturing defects.
Related Reading : Ganesh Vegetable Chopper Review
Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy And Compact Chopper – Detailed Review
|Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy And Compact Chopper||Product Details|
|Dimensions||13 x 9.8 x 13 cm|
To test the effectiveness of the Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy And Compact chopper, we tried chopping different ingredients. For chopping, we took almonds, garlic, ginger, onions, a mix of onions & tomatoes, green chillies and roasted chana. We chose ingredients that are commonly used in Indian households on a daily basis.
If you are planning to chop nuts make sure to cut them into small pieces and then place them in the chopper. While garlic, onions and ginger were chopped well, green chillies did not get chopped as per our requirement, which was a let down.
The blades of Pigeon chopper are extremely light in weight and require careful placement. For effective chopping of vegetables, ensure that you pull the string rigorously. Since the chopper contains detachable parts, cleaning of the chopper is an easy task.
- The Pigeon chopper comes in a vibrant turquoise blue color.
- It is a manual vegetable chopper.
- It features three stainless steel blades that are light in weight.
- The container is transparent which enables easy viewing of the contents inside.
- Other features include a safe lock lid and anti-skid bottom.
- It comes with a 400 ml capacity.
- The detachable parts of the chopper make the cleaning quick and hassle-free
- The quality of the thread used is good and has a length of 12 to 13 inches.
- The three stainless steel blades are light in weight
- It is a multipurpose chopper ideal for chopping vegetables, nuts, fruits and spices.
- The size of the chopper is compact that makes it convenient to store.
- It has a stable base due to the anti-skid bottom.
- It comes with a safe lock lid that prevents any accidents while chopping.
- The thread is not smooth to pull. It requires effort.
- Placing the blade inside the chopper is difficult.
- Big pieces of vegetables get stuck in the thread.
- Size of the jar is relatively small.
Best Suited For
Manual choppers are best suited for chopping small quantities of vegetables when you are pressed for time. It is an ideal beginner friendly kitchen tool that will help you achieve your chopping goals in no time.
If you are looking for an economical way to chop vegetables, manual choppers are your way to go!
Related Reading : Best Vegetable Chopper
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Pigeon Plastic Mini Handy And Compact Chopper
1. Is this chopper Dishwasher Safe?
No, this chopper is not dishwasher safe.
2. Can I make paste or puree with it?
Yes, you can prepare a relatively chunky puree or paste with the Pigeon chopper. But to get the desired consistency you need to keep pulling the cord repeatedly.
3. Is a Pigeon vegetable chopper worth it?
If you are a beginner in cooking, this chopper will come in handy and enable quick chopping of ingredients. Pigeon chopper is perfect for chopping small quantities of veggies that in turn will help reduce your prep time.
4. Is this chopper suitable for chopping vegetables & fruits?
Yes, the Pigeon chopper is suitable for chopping vegetables and fruits.
5. Is this chopper useful for nuts?
Yes, you can use the Pigeon chopper for chopping nuts too. Make sure to cut the nuts into small pieces before placing them in the chopper.
Here we come to the end of our review of the Pigeon Plastic Mini & Handy chopper. After reviewing the Pigeon chopper on different factors, the product is worth giving a try.
The fact that it is easy to maintain is a plus point. The quality of the thread, the lightweight blades, and the ease of use are some of the aspects that we liked about the Pigeon chopper. However, the fact that the string was a bit difficult to pull disappointed us.
Have you ever used a manual chopper? If yes, let us know in the comments below how your experience turned out.
More Similar Reviews
*If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.