Paper Boat Pani Puri Pellets Review – Mishry
The Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets are a ready-to-cook chaat option. No preservatives and no added colors, can these become an alternative to the street style gol gappe?
Pani puri or gol gappe are among the most soul-satisfying meals. From the first flavor-loaded puri to the last sip of the teekha-meetha pani– this entire process is heavenly!
Owing to the current situation, visiting your favorite pani puri vendor might not be ideal. Crunchy puris filled with a lip-smacking combination of boondi, imli and pudina chutney- nothing can really curb this craving.
What if we told you there’s a quick and beginner-friendly way to do this? Yes, there is! Enter-ready-to-use pani puri pellets. From beverages to something as unique as ready-to-make pani puri pellets, Paper Boat excited the chaat lovers in us!
Team Mishry’s Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets review talks about the packaging, price, cooking methods, ingredients, and most importantly- the crunch of these preservative-free pellets. We tried these ‘golgappa shells’ during our Best Pani Puri Masala Review and here is how it went.
Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets are made using a blend of refined and whole wheat flour and some cornflour. These pellets are devoid of preservatives and added colors.
Quick-cooking and beginner-friendly, do the Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets taste fresh? Are they crunchy? How much oil do they soak up? Team Mishry’s Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets review finds out all.
2. Method Of Preparation
The ready-to-use pani puri pellets by Paper Boat can be prepared in two ways.
You can either fry the pellets until they are golden brown and have puffed up. It takes around 15-30 seconds for a batch of 4-5 puris to reach the perfectly cooked stage.
The alternate method is cooking the Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets in a microwave. For this method, you are recommended to use a flat microwave-safe plate and ensure there is enough distance between the pellets as they will expand once cooked.
Since pani puris derive their flavors from the pani and chutney that is added, a puri with no dominant taste works best.
Taste-wise, the Paper Boat pani puri pellets are neutral.
The Paper Boat pani puri pellets have a bold crunch! The crunchiness is just right, keeping in mind when pani and chutney are added, these do not instantly become soggy.
That being said, the Paper Boat pellets are thin like puris normally are.
Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets price-
The 800 gm pack is priced at Rs 400 and the 400 gm at Rs 200.
6. Nutritional Information
Per 100 grams, you get 359.8 calories from the Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets.
The calories per 100 grams are divided as 80.5 gm of carbohydrates, 8.1 gm of protein, and 0.6 gm of fat.
It is important to note these are the calories during the raw stage. Post-frying or cooking, the nutritional values would change.
Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets are devoid of preservatives and added colors. These pellets are hygienically packed.
We ordered our 800 gm pack of Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets from Amazon.in. These ready-to-use pellets would be available at most departmental stores.
There is a 400 gm pack of the same available too.
Paper Boat Pani Puri Pellets – Detailed Review
Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets are made using refined wheat flour, wheat flour, and corn flour.
The brand description on the Amazon product page mentions that these pellets are gluten-free by nature. However, this product contains 70% of refined (40) and whole wheat flour(30). Anything with refined and/or whole wheat flour cannot be gluten-free – so this mention of the product being gluten-free must be corrected from the page.
On the other hand, the commendable thing about the Paper Boat pani puri pellets is the variations in the methods of cooking. Oftentimes, a serious concern along with the type of water used for the pani, is the type of oil used for the puris. Since you’ll be preparing these at home, the freshness and type of oil is no longer a concern.
Similarly, if you are looking to have a healthier cheat meal, you can microwave these pellets with a smaller quantity of oil. These puff up well!
For our Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets review, we tasted the puffed-up pellets with almost every filling/stuffing.
The pani puri pellets by Paper Boat were the base of our Best Pani Puri Masala review. Additionally, we also tasted these puris with chutney, aloo, pani, as well as dahi/curd.
- Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets are available in packs of 400 and 800 gm.
- A 400-gm pack contains 180 flat puris.
- These are made using refined wheat and whole wheat flour.
- Pani Puri pellets by Paper Boat come in a resealable package.
- These have a shelf life of nine months from the date of manufacture.
- The Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets have a uniform shape and size throughout.
- These pellets are packed using air-tight packaging to retain maximum freshness.
- Post-frying, these do not go soggy even after cooling.
- This product has no preservatives or added colors. Thumbs up for that.
- The puris puff up in less than 30 seconds.
- The brand talks about these puris being gluten-free. However, they contain wheat- so the gluten-free claim is false.
Best Suited For
If you’re stuck at home and have an intense craving for some sweet and tangy street-style chaat, these pani puri pellets by Paper Boat are something we’d definitely recommend.
Fried or baked, these puris are crunchy and the crunch is retained once they cool down too.
Additionally, these puris are smaller in size as compared to the ones we’d find at the local vendor. The consistency in shape and size throughout the pack makes for a great house party snack. To add to the charm, these puff up almost instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets.
1. How to store Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets?
Answer: You are recommended to store this product in a cool and dry place.
2. How to cook Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets?
Answer: You can fry the pellets or cook them in a microwave too.
3. Where can I find Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets?
Answer: Online on e-commerce websites like Amazon and Big Basket or offline in a store near you.
4. What are the main ingredients of Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets?
Answer: Refined wheat flour, wheat flour, cornflour starch, iodized salt, edible vegetable oil are the primary ingredients.
5. How are the Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets packed?
Answer: These pellets are packed in airtight packaging to retain freshness and taste.
Final Verdict – Paper Boat Pani Puri Pellets Review
Nom Nom! We tried the Paper Boat Pani Puri pellets with the winner from our pani puri masala and a variety of chutneys and dahi.
Safe to say- we were not disappointed.
These pellets have a smaller-than-usual size but it makes them a great party snack. In addition to the size, these pellets puff up within seconds and do not turn soggy as they cool down. This means more time socializing and less time slogging in the kitchen!
More Paper Boat Product Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.