Nutndiet Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Review: Indulge in Versatility of Coconut
Devoid of chemicals, preservatives, and artificial colors and flavors, Nutndiet Organic Coconut oil showcases a fresh, warm, tropical aroma and taste.
When it comes to bringing our A-game in terms of nutrition, oils are often overlooked. As significant as protein, if not more, oils are primarily a source of fat. But that’s not it. From sauteeing to grilling, even baking, oils play a vital role in the taste and texture of the final dish.
Each type of oil used in the kitchen renders a distinct flavor laced with a unique aroma. While certain oils are best suited for low to medium cooking temperatures, coconut oil is a good choice for heavy grilling, deep-frying, etc. A staple in homes of southern India, coconut oil is quickly becoming one of the more popular variants. Extracted from coconut meat and milk, this oil beautifully complements dishes made with curry leaves, mustard seeds, dried chilies.
Nutndiet is a Bangalore-based company that specializes in everything nuts. From coconut oils to coconut flour, the brand also offers cashews, walnuts, honey, among other products. We reviewed the cold-pressed organic coconut oil recently in our review kitchen. In this Nutndiet Organic coconut oil review, everything from aroma to taste and consistency is analyzed.
From coconut curry to coconut ladoos, coconut oil is also widely used for hair care, moisturizing, and oil pulling.
Everything you need to know about Nutndiet pure cold-pressed coconut oil has been discussed in this section.
The PET bottle comes packed in a carton. We like the plain label where certifications are mentioned. The packaging is not screaming to impress and gives the feeling of a handmade, crafts village product. We are not complaining!
The nutritional label, however, is quite difficult to read due to the size of the lettering.
2. Manufacturing Process
Unrefined coconut oil is extracted from freshly harvested coconuts that are organically grown. Oil is then taken out by following the cold pressing extraction method.
3. Certification of Authenticity
This coconut oil is certified organic by NPOP.
4. Available Sizes
The available sizes for Nutndiet’s organic coconut oil are-
- 50 ml
- 200 ml
- 500 ml
- 950 ml
- 1000 ml
For culinary and non-culinary purposes, this oil serves multiple purposes.
The suggested uses include-
- Raw consumption
- Drizzling over salads
- Oil pulling (for oral hygiene)
- Keto diet patterns
- Nasal application
- Cooking, baking, frying, and other daily meals
- Baby massage, etc
6. Nutritional Information
Coconut oil is mainly fat. The breakdown of types of fats is mentioned as follows-
Per serving (2 tbsp/30 g)- 270 kcal, 29 g of fat (of which 26 g is saturated)
7. Storage Information
Coconut oil liquefies and solidifies multiple times. This is generally due to temperature changes. (We first noticed this with our coconut-based hair oil, remember?) You can store this oil in the pantry or in the refrigerator if you wish to keep it solid.
We ordered the Nutndiet coconut oil for this review via Amazon and got the delivery in 36 hours.
Nutndiet Organic Virgin Coconut Oil – Detailed Review
Here’s an in-depth review of Nutndiet organic coconut oil.
|Parameters||Nutndiet Organic Coconut oil|
|Shelf Life||18 months from date of manufacture|
The taste of virgin coconut oils is far more intense as compared to their refined counterparts. However, this coconutty flavor varies from brand to brand.
We tasted this coconut oil raw and prepared a bulletproof coffee with it. Raw, it had a fresh-tasting, delicate coconut flavor. The bulletproof coffee displayed a hint of the coconut taste.
- This coconut oil is organic.
- The cold pressing method of extraction has been used.
- It has a shelf life of 18 months.
- It is certified vegan and gluten-free.
- This coconut oil is produced in a GMP-certified facility.
- The 500 ml bottle is priced at Rs 400.
- It has no argemone oil.
- We liked the characteristic aroma of virgin coconut oil this has.
- This aroma is fresh!
- The taste is mild and natural.
- The oil was clear; we found no coconut bits.
- This is devoid of preservatives/added colors.
Best Suited For
If you follow the Keto diet, this MCT oil could be considered. It doesn’t alter the taste drastically but provides all the goodness as this coconut oil is cold-pressed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on “nutndiet organic coconut oil”
1. Is nutndiet organic virgin coconut oil best in the market?
Yes, we think this is a very good quality coconut oil.
2. Can I use this coconut oil for cooking and baking purposes?
Yes! Coconut oil is lighter than butter and would result in fluffier baked goods. In addition, you can use this oil for sauteing veggies, cooking rice, etc.
3. Are there any additives in this coconut oil?
No, this is virgin coconut oil without any added colors or preservatives.
4. What is the expiry date of this product?
It has a shelf life of 18 months from the date of manufacture.
Typically, virgin coconut oil has an intense fragrance. This aroma is best described as a wave of tropical warmth. Did Nutndiet’s coconut oil feature this? Definitely! It has a fresh and warm aroma. Taste-wise, it is on the milder side, making it ideal for various uses from frying to baking, oil pulling, and massaging.
Nutndiet’s virgin coconut oil is produced in a GMP-certified facility that follows all the recommended food safety practices. It contains no preservatives and added colors. This oil is also free of argemone oil. It is extracted following a no-heat process from freshly harvested coconuts that are organically grown.
More Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.