Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder Review – Mishry
We reviewed camel milk powder by Hye Foods. Milky Dunes comes in three flavors – Strawberry, Turmeric and Chocolate.
The world has taken a deep plunge into the world of plant-based milk alternatives and uncommon animal sourced milk. With a huge demand in the market, more and more brands have started to launch products that are fast filling that gap. On World Camel Day – we thought of reviewing a new camel milk brand – Hye Foods, with its recent launch, Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder.
Hye Foods specialises in lifestyle products including curcumin capsules and milk powders obtained from various plant and animal sources like coconut milk powder and goat milk powder. We picked the three flavors of Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder by Hye Foods.
Our Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder review will help you decide if this product deserves a space on your grocery shopping list.
Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder – Everything You Need To Know
Did you know? Camel milk contains Vitamin C which is absent in cow’s milk.
Here is all that you need to know about Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder.
1. Available Flavors
Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder comes in three flavors –
- Bourbon Chocolate
- Turmeric & Ashwagandha
2. Available Sizes
Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder is available in three sizes- 110 grams, 300 grams and 450 grams.
3. Usage Information
Hye Foods Camel Milk Powder is very convenient and easy to use. As per the instructions given on the pack –
- Add 2-3 Tbsp in 200 ml warm water.
- For the turmeric variant, we used 1-2 Tbsp as mentioned.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- It’s ready.
5. Price Range
Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder has a beginning price range of Rs. 199/-.
6. Nutritional Information
The nutritional information per serving of the Hye Foods camel milk powder is as follows –
The turmeric variant provides 67 calories per 15 gms. Strawberry and chocolate flavor provide 137 and 138 calories per serving (30 gms). The protein levels are within 3.53 gm to 4.4 gm.
Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder – Our Review Factors
To review the Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder, we tried it as per the instructions given on the pack. We tested the flavored camel milk powders with both hot and cold water. We also dry tasted the powders.
The parameters to test this product are –
Milk is not something that you associate with salty flavors. For as long as we know, milk is known for its natural lactose sweetness. Camel milk by nature is a little salty and that contradicts our general taste experience of anything milky.
Keeping that in mind, we wanted to check if the flavor and sugar added in the camel milk powder helped neutralize it or helped strike a balance.
Could we taste the flavorings (strawberry, chocolate, and turmeric)? If yes, how were they? Did the flavor seem too diluted or was it overpowering?
When we say aroma, we wanted to check if the milk smelled fresh. Was it sour or not? Could we smell the specified flavors of the camel milk powder?
We wanted to check if the powder dissolves well in the water or not. Is it too lumpy or easy to dissolve?
Camel milk is expensive, especially when you compare it to cow milk. Why is that? Camel milk production and cow milk production vary differently, making camel milk 30 times more expensive than cow’s milk. Camels produce up to 5 litres of milk a day while cows can produce up to 50 litres.
Hye Foods Camel Milk Powder Flavors – Detailed Review
Here is a comparison table between all three flavors of Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder.
|Camel Milk Powder Flavor||Strawberry||Bourbon Chocolate||Turmeric|
|Price||Rs. 599/-||Rs 599/-||Rs 599/-|
|Quantity||450 gm||450 gm||450 gm|
|Calories (per serving)||137 (per 30 gms)||138 (per 30 gms)||67 (per 15 gms)|
|Main ingredients||Camel milk powder, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Stabilizers||Camel milk powder, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Stabilizers||Camel milk powder, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Turmeric, Ginger, Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha), Liquorice, Green Cardamom, Stabiliser and Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari)|
1. Milky Dunes Bourbon Chocolate Flavor Camel Milk Powder
The camel milk powder comes packed in separate sachets. The chocolate flavored camel milk powder is pale brown in colour and has a very subtle chocolate aroma. The texture of the powder is fine.
When we dry-tasted the powder, we found it to be extremely fresh. Unlike our regular milk powder, this wasn’t sticky, and didn’t feel as dry on the palate.
The powder dissolved easily in warm water, but took a little extra stirring in cold water.
- A 450 gm box is priced at Rs 599/-.
- It provides 138 calories per serve (30 gm).
- Ingredients – Camel milk powder, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Stabilizers
- Contains added flavors (Chocolate).
- Contains added colors.
- The chocolate flavor and aroma is very subtle, yet fresh.
- Sweetness levels are mild.
- The balance of sweetness from the added sugar and the natural saltiness of camel milk come together and make a refreshing beverage.
Best Suited For
This can be used in a milkshake, to make desserts or with your morning cereal. If you’re trying to add a boost of nutrition to your child’s diet, this flavor might be the one.
2. Milky Dunes Turmeric Flavor Camel Milk Powder
The turmeric camel milk powder is pale yellow in colour. It is mildly sweet and has a subtle flavor of turmeric. This mix also contains ginger, ashwagandha, and shatavari.
Just like the chocolate variant, this is easy to dissolve in warm water.
- A 450 gm box of Milky Dunes (Turmeric) is priced at Rs 599/-.
- Calories per 15 gms are 67.
- Ingredients – Camel milk powder, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Turmeric, Ginger, Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha), Liquorice, Green cardamom, Stabiliser and Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari).
- We liked the balanced sweetness.
- Easy to dissolve in warm water.
- The light flavor of turmeric in the beverage is exquisite.
Best Suited For
Turmeric, ashwagandha and shatavari are all immunity boosting herbs and spices. Added to camel milk powder, this surely adds to the nutrient profile positively. Some even claim that this may help to boost height.
3. Milky Dunes Strawberry Flavor Camel Milk Powder
Milky Dunes Strawberry flavored camel milk powder is priced at Rs 599/- for a 450 gm box.
We loved how this flavor has notes of sweetness and tartness that you expect from fresh strawberries.
- This product provides 137 calories per serving (30 gm).
- Ingredients – Camel milk powder, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Stabilizers.
- Contains added flavors (Strawberry and Raspberry).
- Contains added colours.
- Thumbs up for the sweet and tart notes of strawberries.
- Tastes very fresh.
- The mild sweetness is appreciated.
Our Verdict – Hye Foods Camel Milk Powder
Could we choose a favourite flavor? Well, no.
These are fine-textured camel milk powders with three distinct flavors, which were all tasty and true to their promised flavor.
With fresh flavor and a lovely aroma, the drinks made using these camel milk powders are very creamy. Unlike cow’s milk, which some may feel is very heavy on the tummy, this felt light on the palate and stomach.
Remember, camel milk is not lactose-free, but because it contains very low amounts of lactose as compared to cow’s milk, it is certainly easier for the body to digest.
We noticed that while the boxes mention the flavor, each sachet does not mention it upfront. So if you’re ordering a variety of flavors make sure you store them separately to avoid confusion. The brand is set to launch a new packaging which mentions the flavoring on the sachets as well.
How was our experience of the camel milk powder in cold water? The cold water needs a lot more stirring if you compare it to the suggested method of using warm water. Instead of stirring, you can use a blender which will give it a smoother consistency. While the warm milk makes a smoother drink, the cold milk feels more refreshing.
Moreover, it’s convenient. Milk powders have a longer shelf life and if camel milk is not a regular buy in your pantry, you can just buy a few of these depending on your flavor preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Hye Foods camel milk powder.
1. What is the price of Hye Foods Camel milk powder?
All three variants of Hye Foods Camel milk powder are priced at Rs 399/- for a 300 gm pack. The 110 gm and 450 gm packs are priced at Rs 199/- and Rs 599/- respectively.
2. Which Hye foods camel milk flavor powder is best?
Depending on your personal choice, you can choose any of the three flavors. All three variants are true to the flavors claimed. They are delicious, creamy and strike a lovely balance between sweet and salty.
3. Is Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder gluten-free?
Yes. Camel milk by nature is a gluten-free product. Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder by Hye Foods is gluten-free too.
4. Where can I buy Milky Dunes camel milk powder?
Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder is available on multiple online shopping portals like Amazon and Flipkart.
Final Verdict – Hye Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder Review
Camel milk is known to be very healthy. Packed with multiple health benefits, it even includes immunity boosting properties and it helps maintain blood sugar levels.
Subtle sweetness and flavors that shined through and through! We liked all three flavors from Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder. This camel milk powder can make for a great substitute if you’re lactose intolerant or just want to skip dairy.
Have you tried camel milk before? If yes, tell us about your experience in the comment section below.
Dairy Alternatives - More Reviews Like Hye Foods Milky Dunes Camel Milk Powder
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.