5 Best Multipurpose Electric Kettles in India (2023)
The article talks about the features of the best multipurpose electric kettle. Read on to gather detailed information before purchasing one.
Ahh Yes! You love your electric kettle because it boils water until it’s steaming hot. This makes for a delicious and rich tea for you. But what if that kettle could also cook palak paneer and boil eggs? Sounds impossible, like something out of science fiction, right? Well, it’s not. Let us talk about the best electric kettles for multipurpose use in India.
1. Best Multipurpose Electric Kettle With A Glass Body: Kent 16023 1500 watt electric kettle
2. Best Multipurpose Electric Kettle With Fast Boiling Ability: Butterfly EKN 1.5 Liter watt Water Kettle
3. Best Multipurpose Electric Kettle With Variable Temperature Control: Pigeon Multipurpose Kettle
Summary Table: Best Multipurpose Electric Kettles
List Of The Best Multipurpose Kettle In India
There are multipurpose electric kettle uses when you use one. It is a valuable investment for every kitchen today. To help you find the best one we have listed the top 5 best electric kettles for all purposes that are easily available online. The list goes as follows:
1. Philips HD9306/06 1.5 liter electric kettle
What makes this one the best multipurpose electric kettle in India is its intelligent design. It comes with a steam sensor, dry boiling, and overheating protectors. These will alert you when the water that’s boiling in the kettle is (literally) scalding hot.
You’ll love its 360-degree base. This allows it to rotate around in a complete circle. The base is cordless, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally spilling hot liquid onto the cord. The lid comes off easily. This makes it easy to open and pour liquids into for heating. Its heating element runs on 1800 watts of power. This is what makes it so powerful and able to heat even the coldest liquids in just a few minutes.
If you are looking for a multipurpose electric kettle with 1.5 liter capacity, this one by Prestige is an ideal pick for you.
- It has a frequency of 50 hertz and is made from food-grade stainless steel.
- Its wide mouth makes pouring hot liquids into a bowl or cups a safe, easy, and quick task.
- Its heating mechanism and cord winder are hidden. This protects you from burns from accidental spills from the kettle.
- Its lid pops up like a spring with a simple tap. This keeps you from accidentally getting burned while pouring hot liquids out of this multi-cooker kettle.
- The kettle comes with a 2-year warranty.
2. Orpat OEK-8137 1350 – Watt Cordless Kettle
The following features make this India’s best multipurpose electric kettle. It’s cordless. This means that you don’t have to worry about a pesky and long cord getting in the way when you pour cold liquids into the kettle. The same applies when you pour boiling hot liquids out of the kettle.
This cooking kettle has a wide mouth which makes pouring easy and safe. Its power switch is located on the top of the handle. You can easily turn the kettle off while you’re pouring scalding hot liquid into an appropriate container. The Orpat has a powerful 1350 watt motor. This gives it the ability to heat liquids until they’re boiling hot in just a few minutes.
The lid locks and this is a safety feature which keeps you from potential and accidental burns while you are handling the electric kettle. The handle is beautiful and doesn’t heat easily, even when subjected to heat from a high flame. This kettle comes with a one-year warranty.
- Can heat up to 1.2 liters of liquid.
- It comes with overheating protection. This is a safety mechanism.
- The indicator light turns on when the liquid in this multipurpose kettle becomes dangerously hot. The kettle is programmed to automatically turn off when this happens.
- It’s made out of food-grade stainless steel and has a thick aluminum outer body. This acts as an insulator which keeps the liquid inside hot while keeping you from getting burned.
- It has a concealed heating motor.
Related Read :
Things To Know Before Buying an Electric Kettle Online Under Rs 2000.
3. Pigeon Multipurpose Kettle
This electric kettle from Pigeon is compact and will not take up much of your kitchen counter space. It has a sturdy build that will last you through years of usage. Equipped with a temperature control function, it supports multi cooking.
The best part is that the stainless steel body of this kettle is shock and rust-proof. This appliance will make for a valuable addition to any kitchen.
- It features a cool touch handle.
- The outer body is shockproof.
- Supports variable temperature control.
Electric Kettle Online Under Rs 2000 Buying Guide
4. Butterfly EKN 1.5 Liter watt Water Kettle (Silver with black)
This kettle is rightly ranked India’s best multipurpose electric kettle for many reasons. It’s made out of high-quality, strong stainless steel. This ensures that scalding hot liquids will neither damage the inside of the kettle nor allow metal particles to leach into the hot liquid.
Indeed, you can easily boil water in less than five minutes with this electric cooking kettle. The fact that it operates on 1500 watts of power makes this possible.
- It comes with an auto shut-off feature for the motor and dry boil protection.
- Its 360 base allows it to rotate in a circular manner.
- The plastic handle is BPA-free and easy to hold, even when carrying lots of heavy and hot liquid.
- It has good temperature control.
- The kettle comes with a 1-year warranty.
5. Kent 16023 1500 watt electric kettle
What you’ll love about this kettle is its ability to cook many types of foods in addition to boiling different types of liquids. This is what makes it the best multipurpose electric kettle in India.
As is the case with a multi-purpose electric kettle, it has the standard auto-switch mechanism when the liquid inside is completely boiled. It also has an overheating and dry boiling protector which keeps extremely hot liquids from damaging either the interior or exterior of the kettle (or both!) it’s transparent and has a water indicator that’s easy to see. You’ll now be able to tell when your liquid is boiling and how much it has reduced.
It comes with a 1-year warranty and has a powerful 1500 watt motor. This gives it the ability to boil large quantities of water in less than 7 minutes. You’ll love the fact that you can easily cook soup and noodles and boil eggs in this kettle. You’ll also be able to make oatmeal.
Product Features :
- This electric kettle has a 1.7 liter capacity.
- It draws a power of 1500 watts.
- It features a borosilicate glass body.
- It is user-friendly.
Quick Read : What All You Need To Know About The Electric Kettle Power Consumption?
Uses of the multipurpose electric kettles in India
As is evident, you can use the best multipurpose electric kettle in India to cook many foods. The new generation of these multi-cooker kettles is good for more than just heating liquids to scaldingly hot temperatures. One of the many things you can do is cook noodles, and Maggi noodles in particular, with these kettles.
1. Cook Noodles
If you are like most Indians, you have probably wondered how to make Maggi in the kettle. It’s easy if you follow these simple directions in consecutive order. You need to have the best multipurpose electric kettle in India (and perhaps the world) if you want to cook Maggi noodles properly.
Multipurpose Electric Kettle To Cook Noodles
- AmazonBasics Stainless steel kettle
- Hamilton Electric Beach Tea Kettle
- Cosori electric kettle glass
- Ovente electric hot water kettle
How To Cook Noodle In An Electric Kettle?
Once you have a good quality electric kettle, do the following:
- Boil about 3 ⅓ cups of water
- Once the water is boiling, add Maggi noodles
- Be sure to stir for 2 minutes
- Stir the flavor package in
- Strain the noodles and enjoy
But you need to have a kettle with the following features especially “concealed heating element” if you want to cook Maggi noodles the right way.
2. Boil Milk
Indians love to drink hot milk. If you are one of them, you may have wondered what the best electric kettle for boiling milk is. Well, you will find many candidates if you look at Google.
Multipurpose Electric Kettle To Boil Milk
However, the top 5 are:
- Morphy Richards Instacook
- Orpat kettle
- Cello 6B
- Insala Cute
- Prestige PKGSS
You can also make popcorn, oatmeal, and even packaged pasta dishes like Pasta Roni and Knorr’s pasta with high-quality and which includes many features such as concealed heating element in multipurpose electric kettles.
What features do you look for when buying a multipurpose electric kettle?
All kettles are not the same. Each one has different features. However, you should look for the following features when buying the best multipurpose electric kettle in India.
1. How fast it boils water?
There can be no denying that the best multipurpose electric kettle in India boils water in a few minutes. In fact the faster, the better. Don’t buy a kettle that takes more than six minutes to boil ice-cold water.
2. How silent it is?
Don’t you hate it when the pressure cooker in your kitchen lets off annoying and painful whistles when it’s cooking dal?
Well, you certainly don’t want an electric kettle that screams when it boils liquids or cooks food. What you’ll notice is that the best multipurpose kettles are amazingly silent when they boil liquids or cook various foods.
You’ll appreciate this whenever you spend long hours cooking in the kitchen. So you’ll want to buy a kettle that makes as little noise as possible.
3. How big is it and how much does it weigh?
Size mattered during the age of the dinosaurs. Back then, bigger was better (because larger dinosaurs were more likely to survive.) Similarly, size matters in the world of kettles. Look for a large kettle that weighs a lot. Good multipurpose electric kettles have these traits in common.
This is what allows them to safely boil liquids and cook foods thoroughly in just a few minutes.
4. How easy is it to use?
No kettle ranks among the best multipurpose electric kettles in India if it’s very difficult to use. For best results, look for a multipurpose electric kettle with a short cord length. It would be even better if the kettle is completely cordless.
It should also come with a strong and durable handle that’s easy to hold, a dry boiling mechanism, and an auto-shutoff mechanism. Make sure you buy a kettle that’s portable.
5. The volume of liquid it can boil at a time
You want and need a lot of water if you’re making tea or soup. Therefore, look for the volume of liquid a kettle can hold and boil before buying it. Unless you don’t boil a lot of liquid for drinking or cooking purposes, don’t buy a kettle that can’t even boil 1 liter of water.
6. Automatic shut-off
Did you know that kettles that keep working even after the liquid that they contain is at a rolling boil are dangerous to use? Not only can they hurt you and damage the interior and exterior of the kettles, but they can also easily start a kitchen fire.
Do yourself a favor and look for a kettle with an automatic shut-off feature. You’ll notice that this feature is standard in the multipurpose electric kettles in India.
7. The type of electric kettle matters
Multi purpose kettles come in different makes and models. Be sure to choose the make and model that’s right for your family and cooking/beverage needs. There are two main types of kettles: cordless electric kettles, and portable and cordless electric kettles.
You should choose a cordless kettle because it’s easier to use. You can also swivel it around 360 degrees. This feature is absent in most electric kettles with cords. In fact, most of India’s multipurpose kettles are cordless.
8. Look for a kettle that can keep liquids warm for a long time
There is one characteristic that defines the best multipurpose electric kettle in India and separates them from the others. It’s the ability to keep boiling liquids hot (or at least warm) for a long time. As a general rule of thumb, don’t buy a kettle that can’t keep liquids warm for at least thirty minutes.
Also, remember that the longer the kettle can keep liquids warm, the better. You may want to consider buying a kettle that can keep liquids warm for an hour or more for this reason.
9. Make sure that the spout doesn’t leak or spill liquid out
There is nothing more annoying than a leak or spill of scalding hot liquid from your kettle. You could permanently ruin the surface of your kitchen table or countertop. More importantly, you can burn yourself badly.
For best results, look for a multipurpose electric kettle with a spill (and leak) proof spout.
10. Concealed heating element
The motor is hidden in the kettle for cooking. There is no way that either the very hot noodles or the scalding water can damage the interior or exterior of the kettle. It also makes it impossible for metal particles to break away and end up in the boiling water for you to eat!
Note that India’s best multipurpose electric kettle has this element because it greatly expands their cooking abilities. You’ll be able to make popcorn, oatmeal, and even packaged pasta dishes like Pasta Roni and Knorr’s pasta with these kettles.
Foods that you can easily cook in your electric kettle
The best kettles in India have something in common, they have many uses. Yes, you can do more than just boil liquids in them. You can actually use them as a cooking appliance. This will come in handy for you if you lead a busy lifestyle and are ‘always on the go!’ You can cook a wide variety of dishes with an electric kettle.
1. Buttery vegetable pulao
Yes, butter is delicious and makes everything it is added to taste heavenly. Vegetable pulao is no exception. If you want to make great tasting instant buttery vegetable pulao, you need to use the best multipurpose electric kettle in India. There is simply no getting around that!
What you do is add frozen or fresh vegetables to a few cups of plain, uncooked rice. The rice used can be of any variety. The next step is to add lots of water or vegetable broth to the mixture. Then turn the kettle on and watch the magic happen. Just remember to soak the rice in a lot of water for at least 20 minutes in the kettle when it’s turned off before you cook your pulao dish.
Once you’ve soaked the rice, you can add some more liquid and add the vegetables. Then turn the kettle on and let it work for at least 20 minutes. You’ll have firm and succulent vegetable pulao at the very end. Just be sure to turn the kettle off only after the rice is tender, fragrant, and cooked through. You then enhance its flavor with a little bit of butter.
2. Hard-Boiled eggs
There is nothing that’s more delicious than fully cooked, firm, hard-boiled eggs in your salad or in your breakfast place. Yes, you can boil eggs in a pot. But that can take a few hours to do, and a multi-purpose electric kettle could do the same job in a few minutes.
Be sure to do the following if you want to successfully boil an egg:
- Slowly and gently place the raw eggs in the kettle. They’ll break if you throw them in.
- If you are going to boil 2 eggs, use about 4 cups of water. You’ll want to add at least 6 cups of water if you’re going to be boiling 5 or more eggs.
- Be sure to turn the kettle on.
- Allow the kettle to operate on full power for at least 7 minutes. You can turn it off after 12 minutes. The eggs will be completely cooked through and need to settle down in the kettle water before you can peel, slice, and eat them.
- Once the water in the kettle has cooled down to room temperature, take the eggs out and give them a 5-minute ice-water bath.
3. Fried Eggs
Believe it or not, the best multipurpose electric kettle will allow you to fry an egg. They use steam (and not oil) to do the job well.
Do the following if you want delicious and buttery fried eggs:
- Make a medium-sized makeshift bowl out of aluminum foil. Make sure that it easily and comfortably fits in your kettle. Be sure that the edges of the bowl hug the interior sides of the kettle. This will prevent your eggs from tipping over when frying. This will ruin the eggs.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl. Make sure that there are no egg yolks in the raw eggs.
- Pour about a cup and a half of water into the kettle. Turn it on and wait for the water to boil.
- Place the foil bowl in the kettle.
- Put some room temperature butter in the middle of the bowl.
- Pour the egg batter in when the butter has completely melted.
- You can season the frying eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Make sure the kettle is uncovered when you are frying the eggs. If you cover the kettle when it’s cooking, the steam residue will land on the frying eggs and ruin them.
Take the eggs out, but only do so when the eggs appear to be cooked through. Allow the fried eggs to cool for some time.
NOTE: the butter will act as oil and fry the eggs.
4. Mashed Potatoes
- Completely peel the potatoes and then wash them.
- Put them in the electric kettle.
- Fill the kettle to the brim with water. Turn the kettle on and allow the water to boil.
- Make sure that the water boils for at least 20 minutes.
- Test the potatoes with a fork. They’re done when the fork easily and cleanly goes into and out of the potatoes. Remove the potatoes from the multipurpose kettle.
- Season with butter, salt, and pepper, and enjoy.
Tips for cleaning the kettle
Part of what makes a multipurpose electric kettle the best multipurpose electric kettle in India is the ease of cleaning. You’ll have to clean your kettle at least periodically to ensure optimal function.
What you do is add equal parts of white distilled vinegar to the water. Then mix both thoroughly. Put the mixture in your kettle and turn it on. Wait until the solution boils. Make sure that it boils for at least 10 minutes. Then turn it off and wait as the kettle and solution cool off. Then you use a firm washcloth to wipe the outside of the kettle down completely. Since the inside of your kettle may have lots of food residue, be sure to scrub it thoroughly.
Dump the solution out and then fill your kettle to the brim with plain water. Turn the kettle on and let the water boil. Then dump it out when the water has cooled somewhat.
Frequently Asked Questions
We answered few FAQs about electric and multipurpose kettles.
There may be many kettle brands on the market, but one thing is for sure, not all of them make the cut in terms of being the best multi-cooker kettles in India.
A kettle must meet the following stringent criteria to qualify:
- Make sure it’s affordable. Only buy kettles from respectable companies.
- Make sure that it can hold at least 1.2 liters of liquid.
- Don’t buy a kettle that doesn’t have a wide mouth, this protects the kettle, and it protects you from potentially scalding burns from stray liquid when you’re pouring the boiling liquid out.
- Pay attention to shape. Remember that the best multi-purpose electric kettle in India has a cylindrical shape.
- Go cordless if you can afford it. Make sure that the base and lid are detachable. Try to stay away from kettles with cords and/or narrow mouths. Cords can cause the kettle to tip over and spill when pulled. Cords can also start an accidental kitchen fire.
- Don’t buy a kettle whose temperature can’t be controlled. These are bad news since they can easily overheat and either melt or start a fire.
Unfortunately, many multi-purpose kettles have plastic that contains harmful BPA. If you’re (rightly) afraid of BPA, you can opt to buy a multipurpose electric kettle online. Be sure to buy a kettle that’s made entirely out of stainless steel if you do decide to do this. However, electric kettles are good for your health because they can cook food and boil liquids faster and more thoroughly.
Yes, you can indeed boil eggs in these kettles. In fact, the best multipurpose electric kettle may actually do a better job of boiling eggs than conventional and more traditional multi-purpose electric kettles. They may also do a better job of preserving the egg’s mineral content. You follow the same steps to boil eggs in an electric kettle that you would when boiling eggs in a pot full of water on the stove.
For one thing, most multipurpose electric kettles use up far less energy than either a microwave oven or a stove. You’ll smile when you see your substantially lower energy bill at the end of the month. You can be assured that these kettles will boil liquids in a few minutes. This gives you the ability to enjoy your favorite drinks faster. You can also cook a lot of food in these kettles. This is advantageous because you can use fewer utensils when cooking. You can also cook food much faster.
Well, it really depends on your preferences and cooking needs/desires. There is no such thing as a preferred or perfect multipurpose electric kettle. Each type of kettle has its pros and cons. If you prefer a kettle that doesn’t get damaged easily even after many uses, pick a glass kettle.
These types of kettles are made with treated glass. This will protect both the interior and exterior of the kettle from either warping or cracking/chipping. Other things you’ll love about glass kettles is that most of them are cordless and can easily be placed against the wall of a counter. This feature makes it easier to store the kettle. They also automatically turn off once the liquid in them has reached a rolling boil.
You want to buy a stainless steel kettle if you want your kettle to last for several years and maybe even a few decades. Stainless steel kettles are durable. They also don’t leach odors, flavors, tastes, colors, or metal into the liquids that they are boiling. Stainless steel kettles tend to cost much less. They’re also easier on the environment.
- Look for an electric multipurpose kettle. These types of kettles can make hash browns, soups, pasta dishes, pulaos, various paneer dishes, and of course, boil liquids. You’ll actually be making some of your kitchen appliances and utensils redundant if you buy a versatile electric kettle.
- Draw up a budget when looking for an electric kettle and stick to it.
- Look for kettles with key safety features like dry boiling and auto-shutoff features.
- Look for kettles with ergonomically designed handles. Also, look for kettles with advanced engineering and design.
- Pick a kettle that will not require a degree in rocket science to operate
The best multipurpose electric kettles in India have been unveiled! Here are our top picks from the above list: Kent 16023 1500 watt electric kettle, Butterfly EKN 1.5 Liter watt Water Kettle and Pigeon Multipurpose Kettle.
Indeed, if you were wondering what the best multipurpose electric kettle to bake potatoes in is, you now have some idea. You can go online and pick your ideal electric kettle now that you have some idea as to what the best electric kettles should have in terms of features, safety features, and operation!
Buying from the links on this page may earn us a fee. Please read our complete ethics statement here.