Top Milk Powder Brands in India: Best Alternative For Raw Milk (Sep 2023)
Your search for creamy, tasty milk powders ends here!
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
A no-fuss alternative to fresh milk, milk powder is a pantry staple. Not only does having a pack of milk powder ensures easy availability, but it also eliminates the boiling and storing processes.
Milk powder, also known as dried milk/powdered milk, is essentially milk that is evaporated to dryness. This significantly reduces the moisture content and enhances the shelf life of the product. In the list we’ve curated, you’ll find the best milk powder brands in India, take a look!
Table of Contents
A look at the Top Picks for best Milk Powder Brands in India:
1. Best Creamy Milk Powder: Nestle EveryDay Dairy Whitener
2. Best Budget Friendly Milk Powder: Mother Dairy Dailyicious Dairy Whitener
3. Best Premium Milk Powder: Farmer Fresh Milk Powder
Summary Table: Best Milk Powder Brands
We listed the top 5 popular milk powder brands that are easily available in the Indian market both online and offline.
|Milk Powder Brands||Buy Now On Amazon||Buy now On Flipkart|
|Nestle Dairy Whitener||Check Price here||Check Price here|
|Amirthaa Skimmed Milk Powder||Check Price here||–|
|Farmer Fresh Milk Powder||Check Price here||Check Price here|
|Mother Dairy Whitener||Check Price here||–|
|Amulya Dairy Whitener||Check Price here||Check Price here|
Top 5 Milk Powder Brands in India For Your Chai
Milk powders are, as the name suggests, milk without moisture content, in their dried form. From beverages to desserts, they serve multiple culinary purposes.
1. Nestle Everyday Dairy Whitener
This dairy whitener comes in packs of 200 grams, 400 grams, and 1 kg. Prepared with milk solids, sugar, maltodextrin, and stabilizers, Nestle Everyday Dairy Whitener has a shelf life of 12 months. In our quest to find the creamiest dairy whitener in India, we chose Nestle as the Top Pick, and here’s why-
- The powder mixes in milk quite easily.
- It results in a creamy cup of tea.
- In both stages, this dairy whitener had a balanced sweetness.
- The taste is very close to a regular glass of milk.
- This milk powder contains no added sugar.
- It mixes well in warm water.
- This has a double-toned milk-like consistency.
3. Farmer Fresh Skimmed Milk Powder
This is a premium-quality skimmed milk powder that is devoid of preservatives. It is hygienically packed and meets food safety standards. This is spray-dried and has a 12-month shelf life.
It is suitable for preparing milk, tea, coffee, using with cereal, khoya, puddings, etc.
- It contains no preservatives.
- It is a sugar-free milk powder.
- Beverages to desserts, this serves various purposes.
4. Mother Dairy Dairy Whitener
This pouch holds 1 kg of medium-fat dairy whitener. The suggested preparation instructions are- mixing three heaped tablespoons (25 grams) with 160 ml of lukewarm water. This milk mix can be then added to brewed tea or coffee.
As per the directions, one pack yields 7.2 L of milk.
Alternatively, you can also consume this directly for making milk-based desserts.
PS- Do not add directly to boiling water.
- Looking at the taste, this is a very economical option.
- There’s no need to add sugar, this is sweetened.
- It is fairly creamy.
- This dairy whitener is very easy to mix, no lumps formed.
For an in-depth analysis, read our review here.
5. Amulya Dairy Whitener
This 500-gram carton of dairy whitener is priced at Rs 197. One carton of this spray-dried dairy whitener yields approximately 4 L of milk when reconstructed as per provided directions.
It has a shelf life of 12 months when stored in a cool and dry place. The approximate composition is 20 grams of fat, 20 grams of proteins, and 50 grams of carbohydrates.
- It is an economical option for everyday use.
- This milk powder can be used in dessert preparations too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on milk powders brands
1. What is the fat content of these milk powders?
This varies from brand to brand. Skimmed milk powders will usually have less than 2 grams of fat, whereas medium to full-fat milk powder will have between 20-30 grams of fat.
2. Can these milk powders be used to prepare chocolates?
When mixed with cocoa powder, yes.
3. Are these milk powders lactose-free?
No, these contain lactose.
4. Can these powders be consumed by children?
Yes. However, it wouldn’t match the benefits that regular milk offers.
5. Which brand of milk powder is the best?
We personally prefer Nestle Everyday Dairy Whitener for its consistency and taste. If you prefer something sweeter, you can try Mother Dairy’s dairy whitener.
From quick beverages to extravagant desserts, milk powders or dairy whiteners add the much-needed convenience and help save time in the long run. Try our top picks: Nestle EveryDay Dairy Whitener, Mother Dairy Dailyicious Dairy Whitener and Farmer Fresh Milk Powder.
Do you use milk powders regularly, or are they solely for vacation purposes?