Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits Review: Is It Worth The Hype
A love story of caramel and cinnamon, Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised biscuits are delectable winter snacks!
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
If not online, you’ve definitely come across a Lotus Biscoff-based dessert at a fancy patisserie or a home baker. These caramel biscuits were first baked in Belgium in the 1930s. From Europe to the United States to Gulf countries and now in India, Lotus Biscoff has fans across the globe now!
But what is the hype about, what unique flavors do these biscuits pack, and why the sudden surge are some questions we answer in our Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised biscuits review?
Did You Know?- Biscoff is allegedly a combination of ‘biscuit’ and ‘coffee’.
Table of Contents
Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits – What You Need To Know
From textures to flavors and more, here’s everything you need to know about Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised biscuits.
A 124-gram pack holds eight individually-packed units. There are two cookies in each.
Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils, candy sugar syrup, raising agent, soya flour, salt, and cinnamon are all ingredients used.
A noteworthy ingredient on the list was candy sugar syrup. How is this different from a simple syrup?
Candy sugar syrup is plain white sugar that is boiled in water until it combines into a thick syrup. This is primarily used in Belgian beers (Dubbel/Tripel) to add the distinctive flavor.
Does this syrup bring the caramel flavors?
Cinnamon, though classified as a spice, lends a sweet warmth to dishes and drinks. Do these biscuits taste cinnamon-y?
Dunk in a warm beverage or nibble on as a snack, biscuits and cookies must have a bold crunch, a significant bite to them.
How did Lotus Biscoff fare on the munch factor?
6. Shelf Life
Lotus Biscoff has a 12-month shelf life.
Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits – Detailed Review
Here’s our experience with these caramel cookies.
|Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised Biscuits
|Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils, candy sugar syrup, raising agent, soya flour, salt, cinnamon.
First off, the packaging. It isn’t just convenient but also ensures freshness. There are eight packs, each holding two cookies. This style of packing makes them an ideal on-the-go snack too.
Since these cookies are tightly wrapped, none of them were broken. Owing to this strategic packaging, the crunch in texture is intact. These tasted fresh and had a bold bite!
In terms of taste, all flavoring ingredients made their presence felt. Whether it was the cinnamon warmth, the caramelly sweetness, or the sweet-cutting salt, these cookies had a pretty good taste.
The candy sugar syrup has this caramel richness that pairs beautifully with the natural sweetness of cinnamon. A very mild tinge of salt creates a nice balance, ensuring the overall sweetness isn’t overpowering.
We compared the calories of Lotus Biscoff with other regular biscuits (without a cream/center filling) to find that there’s only a marginal difference in the overall calories.
- A 124-gram pack is priced at Rs 169
- These cookies have a 12-month shelf life.
- They are sweetened using sugar and candy sugar syrup.
- One pack holds 8 x 2 units.
- Per 100 grams, you get 481 kcal.
- The packaging is very convenient.
- None of the biscuits were broken.
- They are crisp and fresh!
- The caramel and cinnamon flavors taste well-rounded.
- We liked the mild saltiness.
- These may seem a little overpriced for the quantity.
Best Suited For
We think these cookies would go well with chai/coffee, especially in the winters! These would also be a great addition to a dessert board.
Crispy and caramely! Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised biscuits may be a bit overpriced but they definitely aren’t overhyped.
From desserts to milkshakes, Lotus Biscoff is a unique, cinnamon-flavored cookie that also is visually attractive.
Have you tried Lotus Biscoff biscuits or a biscoff based dessert before?
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Lotus Biscoff Original Caramelised biscuits.
1. Do these biscuits contain additional colorings and flavors?
No, this is free of additional colors and flavors.
2. How many biscuits are there in one pack?
One pack holds 16 biscuits.
3. Are these biscuits favorable for diabetic patients?
These biscuits contain large quantities of carbohydrates in the form of sugar and candy sugar syrup. Portion control is key.
4. Can these biscuits be consumed by children under 6 years of age?
An occasional cookie or biscuit given to a toddler is acceptable. But, it is recommended that you consult an expert/pediatrician.
More Biscuits We Reviewed
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.