Wingreens Farms Rosemary Dry Herbs – Mishry Reviews
Wingreens Farms Rosemary Dry Herbs are fresh to taste and uplift a simple dish instantly.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Rosemary is a fragrant herb with needle-like leaves that releases its citrusy-pine flavor as soon as you add it to the simplest of dishes. Fresh herbs are not readily available throughout the year, and that is where dry herbs come to aid. A lot of dry herbs, including rosemary, are more potent in their dried form than their fresh counterparts. So as a general rule of thumb, it is advisable to use them in small quantities and adjust if needed. Wingreens Farms has introduced a range of dried herbs recently, including basil, thyme, and rosemary. We tried the Wingreens Farms Dried Rosemary Leaves to check for freshness and dried rosemary uses. Here is what you need to know about this Wingreens Farms product. Are the Wingreens Farms Rosemary Dry Herbs worth the purchase?
Wingreens Farms Rosemary lends its strong aroma and flavor to every dish.
MRP – Rs 125/-*
Net weight – 30 grams
*Price at the time of review
*As per information on the pack
- Best before 6 months from the date of the packaging.
- Country of origin – Egypt
- Store in a cool and dry place.
Table of Contents
Quick Review Of Wingreens Farms Rosemary Dry Herbs
Price and packaging – The Wingreens Farms dried rosemary leaves come in a resealable pouch packaging. A 30-gram pack of dried rosemary leaves is priced at Rs 125/-.
Dry inspection and tasting – Upon opening the pack, we got the signature rosemary aroma. We could see long dried leaves of rosemary which weren’t too broken or ‘powdery’. The rosemary leaves were all intact. When we tasted the dry herb, we got the astringent mouthfeel with a mildly bitter aftertaste associated with rosemary. It was definitely FRESH!
Now, moving onto how it performed on the cooking front.
How we tried it – We tried the Wingreens Farms dried rosemary leaves in three dishes over 1 week.
- Rosemary Potatoes – We used it in a simple roasted potato recipe to see how the aroma and taste of Wingreens Farms dried rosemary leaves showcase themselves in a basic recipe. For this, we added Patanjali table butter in a pan and added diced pieces of boiled potatoes. After roasting it for 2-3 minutes, we sprinkled a teaspoon of dry rosemary herbs and added salt.
- White Sauce Veggie Pasta – We used it in a basic homemade white sauce for pasta that included lots of garlic and fresh veggies. We did not add any other herb to enhance the flavor of the dish. The seasoning was kept simple as well.
- Stir Fry Veggies – We also used it to make a simple bowl of stir fry vegetables. The vegetables we used included broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, and corn kernels. We used only salt and pepper to season these veggies.
Where else can you use dried rosemary leaves? Rosemary and poultry are a good pair as well. You can use it in stews, soups, baked chicken dishes or even in marinades for grilled chicken at home. If you like rosemary flavor, add it to your regular lemonade for that extra oomph.
Taste Test – Throughout our testing phase, we noticed that the rosemary flavor shines bright. From the roasted buttery potatoes to the luscious cheesy pasta sauce and even a simple bowl of stir-fried vegetables, the Wingreens Farms dried rosemary leaves excelled flavorwise. The fresh flavor it lent to all three dishes is indicative of a quality herb.
With dried herbs, very often, you get little pieces or a powdery dust at the end, but you can see the leaves which have dried up well in this pack. There is no powdery residue, and all the dried rosemary leaves are nice and long with adequate thickness. A little detail we really would have appreciated on the pack is the mention of how these herbs have been dried. Was the natural sun-drying method used, or a dehydrating machine was the source? Other than that, we like the Wingreens Farms Rosemary Dry Herbs for its fresh taste.
Oh My Herb! All About Dry Herbs
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.