Smith & Jones Ginger Garlic Paste Review
Smith and Jones Ginger Garlic paste has a home-style taste. The aroma, consistency, and color- are they similar too?
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
One of the most essential combinations of ingredients that lend flavor and aroma- ginger garlic paste is one such condiment that is widely used in vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. Whether it is mattar paneer or chicken biryani, the flavors feel incomplete without some ginger garlic paste.
As essential as this condiment is, peeling the garlic cloves and ginger pieces, blending, and storing the finished product may not be everyone’s cup of tea. This is where store-bought ginger-garlic pastes save the day.
Instant noodles, masala mixes, ketchup, and condiments- Smith and Jones is one such brand that offers ready-to-use ginger garlic paste to consumers. In Team Mishry’s Smith and Jones Ginger Garlic paste review, we talk about the consistency and aroma of the paste along with parameters significant in making the right buying decision.
Is a store-bought ginger garlic paste as good as the homemade version? The taste? Ginger to garlic ratio?
Table of Contents
Smith & Jones Ginger Garlic Paste – Everything You Need To Know
Gravies, curries, soups- ginger garlic paste is a basic flavor-enhancing condiment. From North Indian, South Indian cuisines to Chinese rice and noodles- ginger garlic paste is one of the most sought-after combinations.
The ginger garlic paste by Smith and Jones is available in squeezy pouches as well as jars.
‘Thick, coarse, khushbudar’ Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste is manufactured with hand-picked ingredients and a special process to ensure the taste and flavors remain unaltered.
We ordered the resealable pouch of the Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste. It also comes in a jar packaging.
2. Main Ingredients
Water, ginger, garlic, salt, acidity regulator, and preservatives are the primary ingredients.
Was the ginger garlic paste flavor bold enough? Did it shine through in the dishes we made? Or was it simply watered down?
How was the aroma when we first opened the seal? Did it change while cooking? What about the final dish?
Is the Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste a smooth one or does it have some bits and chunks?
Although the flavor, aroma, and color may not be far from the homemade paste, does the store-bought pack of ginger garlic taste as fresh?
The traditional way of preparing ginger garlic paste does not include water. The ingredients are ground/blended until they release the natural oils and water to reach a paste-like consistency.
The mention of water in the Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste ingredient list left us with some questions.
Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste price is INR 48 for the 200 gm pouch and INR 120 for the 475 gm bottle.
Smith & Jones Ginger Garlic Paste – Detailed Review
|Parameters||Smith and Jones Ginger Garlic Paste|
|Shelf Life||Best before 12 months from date of manufacture|
For our Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste review, we prepared some staple Indian dishes where this condiment is essential. A breakfast dish using Bambino Vermicelli, a chicken curry, vegetable curry, and dal fry were our test dishes.
This paste resembles the homemade version in terms of color, aroma, and flavor. Like ginger garlic paste is, the Smith and Jones paste had a dull beige appearance.
The pack mentioned thick and coarse and the thickness consistency-wise was spot-on! The texture, however, was smooth. No visible strands or pieces of either of the ingredients were seen or felt.
That being said, homemade ginger garlic paste is freshly prepared. Hence, the aroma and flavors are bound to be more intense as compared to a packaged variant of the same. Similarly, water is traditionally not added which further keeps the flavors strong.
- Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste comes in a pouch and jar packaging.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months.
- This ginger taste was more prominent than that of garlic.
- One tablespoon (20 gm) provides 11 kcal.
- You are recommended to put the lid back on and store this paste in a cool and dry place.
- In terms of taste and texture, this ginger garlic paste resembles the homemade one.
- The overall taste and aroma of the dish are not affected by the addition of this paste.
- It has a smooth consistency.
- It is quite economic.
- The ginger garlic paste by Smith and Jones has higher-than-average water content.
Best Suited For
A shortcut in your meal prep process, the Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste eliminates the need for peeling, cutting, chopping, blending the ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Smith & Jones ginger garlic paste
1. How long does this ginger garlic paste last?
Around 1-1.5 tablespoons of Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste are needed for gravies/curries, and other dishes. The 200 gm pouch should last up to 10 dishes or as per usage.
2. What is the price of Smith & Jones Ginger Garlic Paste?
The 200 gm pouch is priced at INR 48. The 475 gm jar is priced at INR 120.
3. How do you preserve garlic and ginger paste?
It is recommended to store the paste in a cool and dry place. Once opened, store it under refrigeration. It must be consumed within 12 months from the date of manufacture.
4. Is this product available in grocery stores?
Yes, it is available in grocery stores as well as online delivery portals.
5. Does this ginger garlic paste contain any preservatives?
Yes, this ginger garlic paste contains preservatives.
This is Team Mishry’s tried and tested review of the Smith and Jones ginger garlic paste. We used this packaged paste over many days to prepare vermicelli, chicken curry, vegetable curry, and dal tadka. The taste and aroma of the final dishes were quite decent.
This ginger garlic paste has a higher water content as compared to homemade ginger garlic paste. When added to the saucepan with oil, we noticed a lot of spluttering. It is essential to keep the flame low and cover the pan when you are using this.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.