Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea Review – Mishry
Soothing and fresh! We loved Organic India’s Tulsi Mulethi Tea.
What are herbal teas? Contrary to their name, herbal teas are not teas at all. They are caffeine free and made using a blend of herbs and spices which are beneficial for health.
Tulsi (Holy Basil) is a gold mine of health benefits. It supports the immune system and helps fight cold and cough. It also improves digestion and metabolism. Pair it with mulethi, it amplifies the health benefits.
We picked a box of Organic India’s Tulsi Mulethi and tried it over a period of 1 week. Our Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea review discusses the flavor, aroma, price and packaging.
Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea comes in a purple and green colored carton. Here is all that you need to know about this herbal concoction.
The Tulsi Mulethi by Organic India uses certified organic ingredients. It includes three types of tulsi – Rama tulsi, Vana tulsi and Krishna tulsi. It also contains mulethi and peppermint.
Apart from this it has a natural mint flavor.
This is a caffeine free beverage.
Brooke Bond Red Label Natural Care Tea, with 5 Ayurvedic Ingredients, 250 g
3. Method of Preparation
We made the tea as per the information on the pack –
- Put one infusion bag in a cup.
- Pour just boiled water in a cup.
- Keep the infusion bag in the cup for 3-5 minutes.
- Add natural sweetener if desired.
- Double the strength when serving iced. Use 2 infusion bags per cup.
- Best when consumed without milk.
As soon as we opened the sachet, the aroma of peppermint made its presence felt. When we made the tea, the aroma of tulsi and mint were undeniably intense.
The combination of tulsi, peppermint, and mulethi Organic India’s Tulsi Mulethi has bold and robust notes of peppermint and tulsi. Tulsi has a slightly astringent flavor which reflects very well in this tea.
We tried this with Sprig’s Cinnamon Honey and liked the combination.
6. Refreshing Factor
This is a soothing, fresh tasting herbal tea that feels light on the palate and tummy. The minty aroma and flavor make this the perfect post-dinner beverage.
7. Price and packaging
Organic India’s Tulsi Mulethi comes in a carton that holds 25 infusion bags and is priced at Rs 148/-. Each tea bag is further sealed in a paper envelope. Each bag holds 1.8 gms of the mix.
There are no staple pins on the infusion bags and they are made using unbleached, biodegradable fiber. The carton is made from 100% recycled paperboard.
Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea – Detailed Review
|Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea||Product Information|
|Net weight (per bag)||1.8 gms|
|Number of infusion bags||25|
|Shelf life||30 months|
|Main ingredients||Rama tulsi, Krishna tulsi, Vana tulsi, Mulethi and Peppermint|
During our Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea review, we gauged it for multiple aspects like aroma and flavor. We found this herbal concoction to be light and refreshing.
The pepperminty notes of the tea are wonderful. This would be a soothing beverage at the end of the day. Add some honey to this if you wish to add a sweetener.
- Priced at Rs 148/- for a pack of 25 infusion bags.
- Each bag contains 1.8 gms of the mix.
- Ingredients – Rama tulsi, Vana tulsi and Krishna tulsi, Mulethi, Peppermint.
- This is a caffeine free beverage.
- Shelf life – 30 months
- There are no staple pins on bags.
- The packaging is eco-friendly. The box is made from 100% recycled paperboard and the infusion bags are made from unbleached, biodegradable fiber.
- The staple-free bags are an added plus.
- We liked the soothing effect this beverage has on the throat and tummy.
- The flavor and aroma of peppermint is lovely.
- We liked the tulsi flavor in this herbal concoction.
- It is clear and there is no powdery residue at the end of the cup.
Best Suited For
If you’re looking for a light, refreshing tea post a heavy meal or to end your day, this might be the pick for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Organic India Tulsi Mulethi tea bags.
1. Is Organic India Tulsi Mulethi green tea?
No. This does not contain any form of tea. This is a caffeine free beverage.
2. How many types of tulsi are used in Organic India Tulsi Mulethi?
This beverage uses three types of tulsi – Rama tulsi, Vana tulsi and Krishna tulsi.
3. Can we drink tulsi tea at night?
Yes. You can drink tulsi tea before bedtime. Holy basil or tulsi helps promote deep sleep.
4. How many tea bags are there in one carton?
A single carton contains 25 infusion bags.
Final Verdict – Organic India Tulsi Mulethi Tea Review
Refreshing, soothing and light on the stomach. The minty aroma and flavor dominates, but that does not overpower the signature tulsi flavor.Team Mishry gives the Organic India Tulsi Mulethi a thumbs up!
Have you tried the Organic India Tulsi Mulethi before? If yes, let us know about your experience in the comment section below.
More Reviews Like Organic India Tulsi Mulethi
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.