Maggi Coconut Milk Powder Review
Surprisingly fresh, the Maggi Coconut Milk Powder will lift up the flavor of your stews and curries.
Coconut milk is used widely around the world to make curries, stews, desserts. It is also used as a tasty plant-based milk-substitute for coffee and tea. Just like our beloved milk powder, coconut milk powder is a great addition to your pantry, especially if you are looking for alternatives with longer shelf lives. We tried the Maggi Coconut Milk Powder for its taste, freshness, and aroma. Here is our #FirstImpression.
Did you know? Coconut milk is full of health benefits and can also help promote weight loss.
What You Need To Know About The Maggi Coconut Milk Powder
*As per information on the pack
- Best before 15 months from date of manufacture.
- 100 grams of this will provide 658 Kcal of energy.
- This is a vegetarian product.
#FirstImpression Of Maggi Coconut Milk Powder
Price and packaging – A 100 grams box of the Maggi Coconut Milk Powder is priced at Rs 100/-. It comes in a striking Maggi-yellow box. It is also available in a 1 kg and 25 gram pouch packaging.
The label – The nutrition label is very elaborate and 100 grams of this will provide 658 Kcal of energy. Ingredients include coconut milk solids (78.6%), maltodextrin, sodium caseinate (milk protein), and stabilizer (339(iii)). A recipe of Kerala Fish Curry is given on the back of the box.
Method of preparation – You can make thick and thin milk out of this coconut powder. To make thick milk add 3 Tbsp milk powder to 1 cup warm water (150 ml). To make thin milk add 1 Tbsp of milk powder to 1 cup warm water (150 ml). A tablespoon of coconut powder is approximately 6 grams. Making the ‘milk’ was easy and no lumps formed upon mixing with water.
Dry inspection – The dry coconut powder is a stark white in color. It is a fine powder, but when you taste a bit as is, you can feel the fine coconut fibers.
How we used it and flavor notes- We made a half cup of thick coconut milk and added it in a hearty homemade chicken stew. The flavor is a lot like what you would expect out of raw coconuts. We loved how delicate and fresh the coconut flavor is. There was no unnatural, overwhelming intense coconut aroma or taste.
We give the Maggi Coconut Milk Powder a big thumbs up for its fresh, delicate coconut flavor.
Maggi Coconut Milk Powder
We love the Maggi Coconut Milk Powder for its fresh and natural flavors.
MRP – Rs 100/-*
*Price at the time of review
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.