Know Everything About Pistachios Vs Almonds
If you want to know about pistachios vs. almonds, read the amazing benefits they offer before choosing the right one for you. You need to know everything about almonds and pistachios before eating them.
When it comes to taking care of our health, the first thing you add to your diet is dry fruits, especially almonds. Plain almonds or roasted almonds have always been a part of healthy eating since the beginning. But in this article, you won’t only learn about almonds; it is going to be everything about pistachios vs. almonds.
This blog is going to involve all the nutritional values and health benefits of almonds and pistachios. Along with this, you will know about their disadvantages. The article talks about everything you need to know. So, let’s begin.
Nutritional Value Of Pistachios Vs. Almonds
The reason that we add almonds and pistachios to our diets is that they are full of nutrients. These have nutrients that are necessary for a healthy body. Let us talk about the nutritional values of both of them and see which one is better than the other when it comes to offering nutrition.
Also Read: 7 Nutrient-Packed Dry-Fruits Options For Your Winter Diet
Nutrients in Pistachios:
In this section, you will know about the nutrients in 1 ounce of pistachios–
- In 1 ounce of pistachios, you are going to find 159 calories.
- It contains 7.7 grams of carbs.
- You are going to consume 5.72 grams of proteins through 1 ounce of pistachios.
- Want to know how fattening are pistachios? In 1 ounce of pistachios, you will find 12.85 grams of fat. So, you must be sure about the quantity you are consuming.
- Then it contains 3 grams of fiber.
- The best thing about pistachios is that they are cholesterol-free.
- They are a fantastic source of vitamins and minerals like Manganese, Phosphorous, Copper, and Vitamin B6.
- You will be surprised to know that a 2-ounce serving of this dry fruit will offer you potassium more than a big banana.
So, when you add this dry fruit to your diet, you need to know the right quantity to consume every day to avoid side effects.
Nutrients in Almonds:
In this section as well, we are going to talk about 1 ounce of almonds-
- It includes 164 calories.
- In this, you will find 6.1 grams of carbs that include sugar as well.
- It includes 14.2 grams of fat.
- Your body is going to get 3.5 grams of fiber.
- In 1 ounce of almonds, there are 6 grams of protein.
- It offers 76.3 mg of calcium, 1 mg of iron, and 76.5 mg of magnesium.
- In 1 ounce of almonds, you will also enjoy 136 mg of phosphorus, 208 mg of potassium, and 0.9 mg of Zinc.
- With almonds, you will get 0.3 mg of copper, 0.6 mg of manganese, 1.2 mg of selenium, 12.5 mcg of folate, and 7.27 mg of Vitamin E.
- Almonds are also free of cholesterol.
So, when you add almonds to your everyday diet, make sure that you are consuming the right quantity according to your body’s requirement. Do not eat more than required to avoid any harmful effects from almonds.
Now when we have looked at the nutritional values of almonds and pistachios, it is time for you to decide which one is going to be suitable for you. Though both of these dry fruits are beneficial in their ways, you need to know which one you need the most to keep your health in mind.
If you are unable to choose the right one for you, you can always contact your dietician to help you out. They will let you know which one is the best for you in specific quantities. They will tell you if you need to eat both of them in a particular amount.
Health Benefits Of Pistachios Vs. Almonds
Before you decide which one needs to be added to your diet, you need to know the benefits both of these are offering? If you know their pros, it will be easy for you to choose the right one and you will move ahead to improve your health. Here are a few things about pistachios vs. almonds.
Health Benefits of Pistachios:
It is good to know the benefits of snacks before we add them to our diets to get the most out of them. So, here are a few benefits of pistachios you should know-
- As pistachios have high levels of unsaturated fatty acids and potassium, they show amazing antioxidants and anti-inflammatory traits.
- If you are eating pistachios every day, you will be happy to know that they are good at lowering the chances of your cardiovascular disease.
- The best thing about pistachios is that they are a pack of fiber, minerals, and unsaturated fat, which helps keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol in check.
- If you have an empty stomach, the fibers and proteins in them will make you feel full for a long time.
- The fiber in this dry fruit is good for your gut by helping good bacteria.
- As they are nutritious, they are going to help you in managing your weight. It might help you in eating less overall and lose some weight for your good.
- According to some of the studies, eating pistachios will lower the level of fat and sugar in your blood. It also enhances the tone and flexibility of your blood vessels.
Health Benefits of Almonds:
Before you add the almonds in your diet, there are a few good things you need to know about them. So, let’s see what those things are-
- The best thing about almonds is that they have a higher level of unsaturated fat that helps in not increasing the risk of bad cholesterol. Also, you are not going to find cholesterol in almonds.
- As almonds are a good source of fibers, they help in the digestion. Eating almonds can help you keep moving your gastrointestinal tract to prevent the condition of constipation. They help in promoting good bacteria in your gut, along with assisting in fighting illness.
- Another fact you are going to like about almonds is that they are good at moisturizing your skin. In case you are suffering from dry and flaky skin, one thing that can help you is a cream or lotion made with almonds. They offer healthy fats to your skin. They are also good for glowing skin as they have Vitamins A and E in them that are important for your skin.
- Almonds are not only good for your skin, but they are also good for your heart. They contain the right level of Vitamin E in them, which is good at preventing heart diseases.
- If you have a sweet tooth but want to control your cravings to avoid weight gain, try almonds. According to some of the studies, almonds offer a salty crunch known for eliminating your cravings.
- Almonds can make you fall in love with your hair. If you have dry and dull hair, start using almond oil because their healthy fatty acids will strengthen your hair and add texture to them.
- There is one more reason for loving almonds, and that is, they promote healthy cells. They are rich in antioxidants, which helps in protecting your cells from oxidation and premature aging.
So, there is no harm in adding almonds to your everyday diet. It is only going to give you amazing benefits for your health, skin, and hair.
As we are talking everything about pistachios vs. almonds, these are some of the benefits these dry fruits offer. Keeping these advantages in mind, you can decide which one will be best for you and give you the desired results. You just need to eat them in appropriate quantities according to your body’s requirements.
Disadvantages Of pistachios vs. Almonds
There are no such disadvantages of almonds and pistachios as long as you are consuming them in the right quantities. One thing that you need to keep in mind while buying and eating them is that they are required to be consumed in limited quantities if they are roasted. It is because roasted dry fruits are salted, which means they have sodium in them.
And, consuming sodium in too much quantity can lead to high blood pressure, heart-related issues, and strokes. So, you need to be very careful while eating roasted pistachios and almonds. Whereas, eating raw dry fruits will eliminate the health risks due to too much sodium.
After talking about pistachios vs. almonds, you might have known that both of these dry fruits are healthy in their ways. You just need to know the purpose for which you want to add them to your diet. Knowing your issues will help you in choosing the right option for yourself.
You must be sure about the right quantity in which you should eat them so that you can experience its amazing advantages and avoid overeating to avoid health risks. You can even ask your dietician for the best advice if you are clueless about what you should do.