Kissan Peanut Butter Review – Creamy and Rich
It is creamy and it is thick! Kissan Peanut Butter is effortlessly spreadable and contains no added colors or preservatives.
As a spread or to add a structure to smoothies, from breakfast to ‘healthier’ desserts, peanut butter is a super versatile ingredient. Prepared by churning peanuts, peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and some good-quality plant protein.
Currently, the market is flooded (not an exaggeration) with varieties of peanut butter like smooth, crunchy, flavored, unsweetened, powdered, etc. More often than not, commercially available jars of PB are adulterated with refined oils, added flavors, and other such additives you wouldn’t want.
From tomato ketchup to mixed fruit jams, Kissan has added another breakfast spread to its range. Our goal in the Kissan Peanut Butter creamy review is to find out the percentage of peanuts used, added sugars or salt (if any), and how close does it come to homemade PB in terms of taste and calories.
Kissan Peanut Butter Creamy– Everything You Need To Know
We ordered the 350-gram tub of Kissan Peanut Butter creamy for our review.
This peanut butter comes in a PET jar. It has a vibrant red-colored lid and the jar is sealed.
2. Main Ingredients
Roasted peanuts (90%), sugar, edible vegetable fat, and iodized salt are the ingredients used.
Since this peanut butter contains added sugars, is it overly sweetened or just right? What about peanuts? Does the butter taste fresh and nutty, or does it have a rancid aftertaste?
Roasted peanuts have a stronger nutty taste as compared to raw peanuts. What did our taste test reveal about this?
The brand boasts of using peanuts from farms of Gujarat. Does the flavor do justice to this claim?
Unflavored peanut butter should have just one aroma. Natural peanut oils, or a nutty aroma. What was the case with Kissan’s PB?
When peanut butter is devoid of preservatives, additives, or other chemicals (aka homemade PB), you would notice a layer of oil floating on top. This is a natural process which is why it is always recommended to store nut butter upside down.
How was the consistency of Kissan peanut butter? Is it easy to spread?
7. Nutritional Facts
One serve is 30 grams, the nutrition values for which are-
187 kcal, 7.6 grams of protein, 6.5 grams of carbohydrates (of which 3.5 grams is sugar), 14.5 grams of fat, and 118 mg of sodium.
The same quantity of raw peanuts offers 170 kcal, 7.5 grams of protein, 4.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 14.6 grams of fat. So there’s only a marginal difference, thumbs up!
8. Shelf Life
This peanut butter has a shelf life of nine months.
A 350-gram jar is priced at Rs 175.
Kissan Peanut Butter – Detailed Review
|Kissan Peanut Butter Creamy||Product Details|
|Main Ingredients||Roasted Peanuts (90%), Sugar, Edible Vegetable Fat, and Iodised Salt.|
|Net Quantity||350 grams|
|Shelf Life||Nine months|
Kissan peanut butter comes in a jar with a simple-looking label. The quantity and quality of ingredients, nutritional information, and other essential details are mentioned clearly. There’s a small graphic too, which shows equivalent protein content in other protein-rich foods like milk, dal, eggs, etc.
The jar is further sealed. We got a prominent whiff of refined oil-like aroma as we opened the seal. This aroma was definitely not of peanut oil. That said, there were no underlying industrial smells.
The brand recommends mixing the contents of the jar for even consistency throughout. On the consistency aspect, we give this peanut butter thumbs up. It is thick, super creamy, and luscious! Despite having such a thick consistency, it is fairly easy to spread. We really liked this.
The texture, on the other hand, was a bit unique. In every bite we tasted, there were granule-like textures. To better explain this, it resembled the mouthfeel of icing sugar.
Coming to the taste, though this has added salt and sugar, the overall taste of the PB was balanced. An adequate amount of salt has been used, as it really highlights the natural flavor of peanuts. Right after the first bite, we knew this peanut butter backs the ‘roasted peanuts’ claim. The nutty flavor was prominent and had no rancid taste!
- A 350-gram jar is priced at Rs 175.
- It has a shelf life of nine months.
- Main Ingredients- roasted peanuts, sugar, edible vegetable oil, and iodized salt.
- Protein from one serving is equivalent to a bowl of dal or a glass of cow’s milk or one egg.
- The nutty taste is prominent, thanks to the roasting of peanuts.
- The salt and sugar are balanced.
- A smooth consistency and easy spreadability, we liked!
- It didn’t feel too oily.
- The caloric breakdown comes very close to that of raw peanuts.
- The granuly texture of sugar may be a bother.
- Since sugar is added, this may not be the healthiest.
Best Suited For
Looking for a super creamy and smooth peanut butter that is sweetened? You could give Kissan peanut butter a try.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Kissan peanut butter creamy.
1. Is this peanut butter gluten-free?
Yes, this is gluten-free as peanuts naturally do not have any gluten.
2. Does it require refrigeration after unpacking?
No, but it must be stored away from direct sunlight and be consumed within the expiration date.
3. Can this peanut butter be used as a spread on bread for breakfast?
Definitely! Peanut butter is a good way to add some protein and good fats.
4. Is this peanut butter made from blanched peanuts or from peanuts with skin?
This is made using roasted peanuts.
5. Is this peanut butter xylitol-free?
The ingredient list does not mention the use of xylitol.
Delectably creamy and nutty, Kissan peanut butter is a hit in terms of taste.
Additionally, the macronutrient breakdown is only marginally different from that of raw peanuts.
That said if the addition of vegetable oil and sugar is something that bothers you, feel free to skip this product.
What’s your go-to, flavored or unflavored PB?
Some Of Our Favorite Peanut Butter Brands
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.