Haldiram’s Ready to Eat Thepla Review
Warm or not. With or without a pickle. Theplas are always a winner. Check out our review of Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Theplas.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Theplas are breakfast staples for some, tea time favorites for others and for a few just the perfect carry on during a long vacation. Even though theplas originate from Gujarati cuisine, they are enjoyed pan India. Usually made with whole wheat flour, gram flour, millet flour, and spices, all households have different recipes to make them. Some add veggies and fenugreek leaves (methi) too. With a side of your favorite achaar, theplas can turn into a very satisfying meal. We reviewed Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Thepla and here is our #FirstImpression.
What you need to know about Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Thepla
*As per information provided on the pack
- It is a vegetarian product.
- A pack contains 6 theplas.
- Comes with a pickle sachet inside.
- Best before three months from the date of manufacturing.
- Allergen information – Contains milk solid, wheat, sesame, and mustard.
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Thepla
Haldiram’s Thepla has a subtle methi flavor and comes with a tasty pickle.
MRP – Rs 60/-
*Price at the time of review
Table of Contents
#FirstImpression of Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Thepla
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Thepla come in a smart grey-purple envelope packing. There are six pieces of theplas and a sachet of chili pickle inside. When you open the packet of theplas, you can get a mild aroma of methi (fenugreek).
For the review, we kept two theplas as it is, heated two theplas on a tawa and two in a microwave. We ate them with the chili pickle provided as part of the packaging.
The theplas are thin and mildly flavored. The pack says you can eat them as it is or they can be warmed on a tawa. We strongly recommend heating them up on the tawa and not in a microwave. They tasted best when heated on a tawa, and consumed while still warm. The theplas which are heated on the tawa were softer and uniformly heated while the ones heated in a microwave became rubbery. On a side note, the chili pickle in itself was an absolute burst of flavor.
If you are traveling and want to keep some handy snacks for yourself or the children, Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Thepla is a good option.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.