Cup Noodles Italiano Review – Do They Deliver On The Italian Flavors?
The cheesy flavor in the Cup Noodles Italiano is a win-win, but lacks the herby punch we associate with Italian flavors.
Instant noodles are a dearly loved meal across the world. While we do have our masala favorites, a lot of brands have introduced innovative, eclectic flavors keeping in mind the developing palates of the target audience. A while ago we tried the Spicy Chunky Chicken and Paneer Butter Masala Instant Noodles from Cup Noodles which did manage to tingle some taste buds at the Mishry HQ. So we were excited to taste the Cup Noodles Italiano. Here is how our taste test went.
The cheesy taste of the Cup Noodles Italiano is a good change from your regular masala cup noodles.
Price – Rs 40/-*
Net weight – 70 grams
*Price at the time of review
*As per information on the pack
- Contains wheat, soya, and milk.
- It provides 453.26 Kcal of energy per 100 grams.
- Best before 8 months from the date of packaging.
Wheat flour, edible vegetable oil, Dehydrated vegetables(5.78%), Salt, Sugar, Skimmed milk powder, Corn starch, Tomato powder, Hydrolysed vegetable protein, Spice mix, Flavor enhancers, Acidity regulators, Color, Thickener, Garlic, Onion, Anticaking agent & Antioxidant.
Price and packaging – The Cup Noodles Italiano comes in a white and green plastic container. Inside the cup, there is a small plastic fork making it a convenient option for travel purposes. A 70-gram pack of cup noodles is priced at Rs 40/-.
When we opened the pack the Cheddar cheese-like aroma was overpowering. We could not get a whiff of any of the herbs mentioned on the pack like basil and oregano. Vegetables like corn, dried red chilies, and French beans could be clearly seen.
How to make them – We made them according to the instructions given on the pack.
- Pull back the lid halfway and fill the cup with hot water up to the inside line.
- Close the lid and wait for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Stir well to mix the ingredients.
Taste test – After cooking we noticed that the noodles have cooked well and the vegetables have rehydrated nicely. The noodles did not become squidgy or lose texture. These noodles are thinner and flatter in comparison to cake noodles. The cheese aroma and flavor were dominant. We could smell more cheese than we could taste. Sadly we didn’t get a taste of the herbs at all. Basil and oregano, two herbs that are synonymous with Italian cooking, were missing.
We liked that, unlike some instant meals, the addition of water did not dilute the seasoning or the flavor of the noodles.
The presence of red chilies does not increase the spice levels. This is a low-medium spicy instant noodle meal. People who like cheese-flavored noodles or low spice levels might like this variation of Cup Noodles Italiano.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.