Best Manual Fruit Juicer Brands in India – We Tested 5 Designs
The manual juicer with the best design, maximum yield and minimum effort is…
Satisfaction is guaranteed when you squeeze out the last drop from your oranges, mousami, and kinnows. And what better way to do that than a handy manual juicer.
We tested five different types of manual juicers in India for their design, juice yield, and the effort it requires to squeeze out the juice from citrus fruit. After juicing dozens of oranges, we chose the Kitchen Mart juicer (Top Pick – Stainless Steel) as one of the best manual fruit juicer brands in India. If you’re looking for a plastic manual juicer, our Top Pick (Plastic) is the one by Sarvadeshi. Both our winners performed the best, required minimum effort, and had the maximum yield.
Table of Contents
Quick Comparison of Best Manual Fruit Juicer Brands
A tabular comparison of the brands, their prices, material, our rating and a link where you can buy these from.
Our Review Factors
What were we looking for? We were looking for the best manual fruit juicer brands in India with the best juice yield, minimum effort and ergonomic design.
The yield means the amount of juice extracted from the same amount of fruit. We juiced about 1.5 oranges in each juicer. The three halves of all the fruits weighed the same. The juicer that yielded the most juice without wastage inched ahead of the others.
2. Effort + Ease Of Use
We gauged –
- The amount of effort needed to squeeze out the juice from the same amount of oranges.
- How smooth is the mechanism?
- Material – What is the juicer made of? The finishing was also considered here.
- Grip – If there is a handle, how comfortable is the juicer to hold? Is the grip secure or slippery?
- Stable bottom – If the juicer has the rotation-movement, is the base stable or does it move too much?
- Juice Collection – How is the juice collected? Is there a container that comes with the juicer? Is there a nozzle
- Seed and pulp collection – Any method to separate the seeds from the juice? How is the pulp collected?
- Is the juicer easy to clean? Even the nooks and crannies?
Other important factors like durability, price and warranty were also considered.
1. Kitchen Mart Stainless Steel Hand Juicer Squeezer – Mishry Top Pick (Stainless Steel)
Mishry’s Experience – We chose this design as our Top Pick because it gave us the maximum amount of juice. From 1 ½ oranges we extracted 75 ml of juice. The motion is smooth and effortless. The base is sturdy and doesn’t wobble or move around. Moreover, the stainless steel quality and finish is upto the mark.
The holes of the juicer are small, so the seeds and pulp do not transfer into the container. It’s a pulp-free juice. However, we feel a lot of pulp gets wasted, so you can press it down and get some more juice without actually transferring any seeds. The lid on top can be removed and the juice can be poured with ease.
The Mechanism (How does it work) – Place sliced citrus fruit over the dome-shaped juicer and rotate slowly anti-clockwise. The juice starts collecting in the vessel below.
Product Information – It is priced at Rs 500/-, has a stainless steel body, and weighs 75 grams. The diameter is approximately 5 inches, dome height is a little less than 3 inches and the container has a height of 1.5 inches where the juice is collected.
- The mechanism is smooth.
- Juicing is effortless.
- This is a small tool and requires less space in the cabinet. Thus, space saving.
- No juice wastage! Maximum yield.
- The seeds and pulp do not transfer in the container below.
- We liked the stainless steel quality and finish.
- Sturdy base.
- It is easy to clean.
- Lightweight juicer.
Need a stainless steel manual juicer for easy, effortless juicing? Here is your answer.
2. Sarvadeshi 2 in one Hand Press Manual Fruit juicer – Mishry Top Pick (Plastic)
Mishry’s Experience – We chose this design as our Top Pick (Plastic) because the yield was great. The motion is smooth and effortless. The base is sturdy and does not wobble when you juice the oranges. We liked how we can see the collected juice in the beaker that is marked. The beaker has a spout which helps in easy pouring. The handle of the beaker is very useful while handling.
One drawback is that it can only be used for small/ medium-sized oranges.
The Mechanism (How does it work) – This juicer needs to be assembled. The white lid goes on top of the dome-shaped presser. The orange is kept in the cavity and with the help of the dome, giving circular movement thrust, the juice gets collected in the glass.
Product Information – This blue-white/transparent plastic juicer is priced at Rs 187/-. It weighs 136 grams and has a volume of 350 ml. The height of the juicer is 6 inches, and 4 inches is the diameter
- The plastic juicer is lightweight and is easy to store.
- It is easy to clean.
- The grip of the beaker handle is good.
- Sturdy base, doesn’t wobble.
- The container at the bottom has markings
- Priced reasonably.
- Due to the size of the cavity, it can only be used to squeeze small/medium sized citrus fruits.
If a plastic manual juicer is what you want, this is the best, most effortless one.
3. Etcom Hand Press Plastic Manual Juicer Squeezer
Product information – Priced at Rs 99/-, this plastic juicer weighs 75 grams and has a container at the bottom which collects the juice.
The mechanism (How it works) – Halved citrus fruit to be placed over the dome and rotate. The juice will be collected in the container below.
Mishry’s experience – We had no issues with the yield, motion or effort requirement of this juicer. The holes are small and the seeds/pulp do not transfer into the container. The base is steady and doesn’t wobble while juicing. The only reason this did not win was because a lot of pulp inside the fruit cavity gets wasted.
- Comfortable grip which is non-slippery.
- The motion is smooth and the juicing is effortless.
- It is very compact. Hence, it is easy to store and carry.
- Value for money product.
- A lot of fruit gets wasted in the cavity.
4. No Hunt Stainless Steel Hand Juicer Squeezer
Product information – Priced at Rs 399/-, this juicer is made of stainless steel. It has a weight of 296 grams.
The mechanism (How it works) – Place oranges in the strainer and squeeze by applying pressure. You will need a container to collect the juice.
Our experience – Although the yield is fairly high, this stainless steel hand juicer did not win because of several reasons. Firstly the mechanism is not smooth and the effort required to squeeze out the juice was much higher than our winners. Secondly, the finish of the product is not as smooth. Thirdly, the cavity of the oranges was not fully empty, so the juice was not extracted to its full potential.
- You can use peeled and unpeeled oranges.
- This juicer can be used for other fruits as well.
- The motion is not effortless.
- It is not compact. You need a lot of kitchen space to store it.
- The finish on the edges of the grip is not smooth.
- No container included. You will need one of your own.
- There was a lot of pulp left in the fruit cavity. The juice could not be fully extracted.
5. Shaimon Enterprise Aluminum Steel Manual Juicer Squeezer
Product information – Priced at Rs 549/-, this juicer is made of stainless steel. It weighs 490 grams. The material is an aluminium alloy. As the juicer parts are detachable, the tool is easy to clean.
The mechanism – You have to add the fruit to the cavity and press it using the lever. Once the juice has been extracted, pour it through the nozzle on the side.
Mishry’s experience – The handle of the juicer is very comfortable and the finishing is smooth as well. The juicer is sturdy and ensures that the handles do not bend while squeezing.
The cavity where the juice is being collected has a nozzle where you can pour out the juice from. No problem here. There are three main reasons why this did not win. A slight issue arises with the design as the detachable strainer gets stuck to the fruit and has to be manually placed back in position.
Moreover, the juice and pulp are not being completely squeezed from the fruit and the seeds get mixed up in the extracted juice. There is no way to prevent this.
- The motion is smooth.
- It is easy to clean.
- The effort required to juice is a little more than our winners.
- The yield is not as high.
- It’s bulky and might need a lot of storage space.
- The seeds get mixed up in the extracted juice.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations – The Best Manual Juicer Is…
After juicing more than two dozen oranges in our review lab, we chose Kitchen Mart Stainless Steel Hand Juicer Squeezer and Sarvadeshi 2 in one Hand Press Manual Fruit juicer as our Top Pick.
Both our winners performed the best in our review lab. Their design, effortless and smooth motion, and yield were the best amongst all our contenders.
More Kitchen Tool Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on best Indian manual fruit juicer brands.
All steel juicers are dishwasher safe. We are not sure about the plastic ones as none of the juicers came with a manual. We did not try washing them in a dishwasher.
Two of our contenders are made using plastic. Others use metals like stainless steel and aluminum.
No. The manual juicers are not meant for grinding masalas.
Yes, all of the juicers we reviewed are manual.
We checked all our contenders for this factor and found that none of them crushed the seeds and thus all the juices were naturally sweet tasting.
So what’s the final verdict? Minimum effort, maximum yield and the most ergonomic design. These are the top three reasons why we chose Kitchen Mart (Stainless Steel) and Sarvadeshi Manual Fruit juicer (Plastic) as our Top Pick.
Do you use a manual juicer for citrus fruits? If yes, which one? Tell us about your experience in the comment section.