Best Chia Seeds Brand In India – Popular Options for You to Consider (2023)
Are you looking for the best chia seeds brand in India? This article gives you a detailed description of the best chia seeds brand in India.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Good things come in small packages – This holds in the case of chia seeds. Chia seeds are tiny black edible seeds from the plant Salvia Hispanica. They belong to the mint family and are originally from Mexico. They can be traced back to the ancient civilizations like Mayans and the Aztecs, where it was consumed by people regularly. Chia seeds were originally used for their oil, but it soon crept into our culinary world owing to their health benefits. They have many health benefits. In this article, we are going to discuss the best chia seeds brand in India.
Chia seeds are not produced in India but are widely cultivated in Mexico, Guatemala, Argentina, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Australia, and Ecuador. These seeds are small, oval-shaped seeds that become soft and have a silky texture when soaked in water. Chia seeds are multicolored- black, brown, and white. The seeds are hydrophilic- they become twelve times their weight when soaked in water.
They are the best source of nutrients since every 100 grams of chia seeds contain iron, calcium, thiamin, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, B vitamins, folate, and riboflavin. They are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants. Daily intake of chia seeds in small quantities can strengthen our immunity, boost our metabolism, help in weight loss, and repair skin damage.
Table of Contents
A look At The Top Picks For Best Chia Seeds Brand In India:
Summary Table: Best Chia Seeds Brand In India
Best chia seeds brand in India
Look at the top 10 Chia Seeds brands in India for quality seeds.
1. Attar Ayurveda chia seeds
Attar Ayurveda price of chia seeds in India is Rs.245. Brand claims them to be Ayurveda chia seeds.
1. If you are looking for ways to maintain youthful skin, then include chia seeds in your diet. Chia seeds prevent premature aging due to inflammation of free radical damage. It is extremely beneficial to reverse inflammation, regulate cholesterol, and lower blood pressure to maintain a healthy heart.
2. They can help in preventing dehydration since chia seeds are hydrophilic. Mix 1 part of chia seeds in 10 parts of water- maintain a 1:10 ratio of chia to water. Take approximately 1.5 tablespoons of these seeds in a cup of water and let them sit for 1-2 hours.
3. They aid in weight loss. Since these contain a very high amount of fiber, they give an impression of a full stomach, thus preventing us from binge-eating and curbing our untimely hunger pangs.
4. They help in maintaining strong bones and muscles. They contain fatty acids. These have a very high rate of omega 3 fatty acids in them, which help remove bad cholesterol from the body and help maintain a good heart.
2. R R Agro Foods Organic Premium Chia Seeds Pack
Chia seeds price per kg in India of R R Agro Foods Organic is Rs.399. Hence these can be easily afforded by all.
1. These chia seeds are 100% natural, verified, and NON-GMO.
2. Their high fiber content helps to keep hunger at bay- thus aiding weight loss. Hence it is a great choice for those sad souls trying hard to lose a few kilos.
3. Their high omega-3 fatty acids help in improving heart, brain health and combat diabetes. A 100grams pack contains more than 16% protein and 34% fiber.
4. Their rich mineral content of phosphorus and magnesium helps in boosting energy and reducing fatigue.
5. These ready to use chia seeds can be consumed both raw and mixed with other dishes such as smoothies, cakes, cold coffee, and salad.
3. True Elements Raw Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
If you are looking for the best chia seeds brand in India, then you can give this a try.
1. Chia seeds are a rich source of calcium, improving the mineral bone density and strengthening the muscles.
2. These are low in calories and cholesterol and help in lowering blood sugar levels and prevent sugar spikes.
3. They have a very large amount of fiber content and render a feeling of fullness.
4. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and help in maintaining hair and skin health.
5. They help to prevent premature aging since they have high antioxidant content.
4. Fitness Mantra Chia Seeds
This best chia seeds brand in India is a little expensive. A 250 grams of pack costs Rs.249.
1. These chia seeds are 100% natural, verified, organic, and NON-GMO.
2. Their high fiber content helps to control hunger for several hours. Hence perfect for those who are trying to lose weight.
3. Their phosphorus and magnesium content boosts energy and reduces fatigue.
4. It has a very high omega-3 fatty acid content, which is beneficial for maintaining good hair, skin, and a healthy heart.
5. Sorich Organics Chia Seeds
This is one of the best chia seeds brand in India. This helps you add protein in your diet very easily.
1. If you are a vegetarian looking for sources to add protein to your diet, then incorporating chia seeds into your diet can be a very good choice. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, proteins, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
2. Chia seeds are bereft of any smell or flavor. They can be eaten raw, sprinkled on top of cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, and salad. They can also be eaten cooked-added to baked foods like bread, cakes, and muffins. You can eat this nutritious food in several ways- add it to your curd, blend it in your smoothie or have it in your pudding. They will benefit you no matter the way you consume them.
3. Sorich Organic Chia Seeds are imported from Peru. Hence these are of the best quality and contain no artificial additives or preservatives.
6. Vanalaya Raw Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a powerhouse of protein and hence great for vegetarians who look for protein sources in their diet.
1. They are high in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and calcium.
2. It is great for those who are allergic to gluten. These chia seeds are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, low on carbohydrates, and paleo-friendly.
7. Neuherbs Raw Unroasted Chia Seeds
Nueherbs raw unroasted chia seeds are certified natural and raw chia grains.
1. They are an excellent source of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
2. Their various health advantages help to improve the nutritional value of the food.
3. They have a shelf life of 270 days.
4. These are gluten-free.
8. Orgrain India Certified Organic Chia Seeds
If you want to go all organic with your chia seeds, this is the one for you. These are verified, organic.
1. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help to improve skin and hair. It also prevents premature aging and helps in keeping the skin youthful.
2. It slowly and steadily gets into the gel form when soaked in water. All you need to do is soak them in water for 10-15 minutes to get them into a semi-mild gel form that you can then add to your favorite salads, smoothies, and yogurt.
3. Their high fiber content aids in weight loss. They help to give an impression of a full belly, thus reducing our hunger pangs.
This is considered to be the best chia seeds brand in India.
9. Organic Purify Chia Seeds
Chia seeds offered by this brand are of high-quality, purity, and naturalness. This pack comes with zero additives and preservatives and hence has no side-effects.
1. They are a rich source of essential nutrients such as iron, protein, fiber, and omega-3. It makes us feel full, boosts our energy levels, and keeps us healthy and active for a long time.
2. Daily consumption of these seeds will help in losing weight.
3. It improves our bones, muscles, keeps our heart-healthy, and can be consumed by diabetic patients too.
10. LDF Chia Seeds
LDF Chia seeds are enriched with proteins, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium.
1. The high content of omega-3 fatty acids helps to improve skin and hair quality.
2. If you are struggling with weight loss and looking for a healthy solution, incorporating this into your diet can be a healthy option. It contains a good amount of fiber, which keeps the users full for a long time, thus suppressing hunger pangs and binge-eating habits.
3. It improves muscle strength and bone density.
11. Nutriwish Premium Raw Chia Seeds
Made with healthy cooking ingredients, it is a reliable and well-known brand name in the market. It has been made specially to offer maximum health benefits to the users.
1. This is one of the highest plant-based sources of protein to trust. With its daily consumption, you can reduce the risk of protein deficiency in the body. It also helps in improving muscle and bone density and strength.
2. This amazing superfood is completely beneficial for weight loss as it is great in fiber composition. Along with this, with its richness of omega-3 fatty acids, it enhances and improves the hair and skin quality along with the immunity of the users. It is a complete product to improve your health.
3. Nutriwish Premium Raw Chia Seeds comes in a delicious flavor with healthy cooking ingredients.
4. Highest plant-based source of protein.
5. It improves bone strength and muscle density.
This brand for chia seeds is one reliable name to trust as it offers many benefits to the users with its high quality.
1. These chia seeds are extremely rich in fiber, ensuring the users are full for the maximum time.The consumption of chia seeds will help you to eat less.
2. These chia seeds are rich in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. It makes the hair and skin look healthy and youthful.
3. It is the highest source of plant-based protein that you can rely on.
4. It has a great taste with healthy cooking ingredients.
The above-mentioned ones are the best chia seeds brand in India. If you are looking to incorporate them into your diet, then feel free to choose from any of these brands. You can also go for Pantanjali chia seeds. Chia seeds Patanjali are a preference of many Indians.
You can buy chia seeds online. All you need to do is search under “buy chia seeds online” and the search engine will guide you to the best chia seeds brand in India. .
Gone are the days when chia seeds used to be a niche ingredient that you could only scout out at health food stores next to the flax seeds, hemp seeds, and spirulina. Chia seeds are now easily available at grocery stores. You can also opt for chia seeds online buy option.
Chia seeds are now present in everything- from granola bars to yogurt to smoothies. Chia seeds have also become a popular cuisine that you can find at many restaurants: chia pudding is quite a popular item.
Health benefits of best chia seeds in India
In this article, along with discussing the best chia seeds brand in India, we will also be discussing the health benefits of chia seeds.
#1 Helps in digestion
Chia seeds are high in fiber. Every 100 grams of chia seeds contain around 40 grams of dietary fiber. Fiber is a great agent in digestion and helps to keep bowel-related ailments such as constipation away. It aids in reducing bowel inflammation, irritability and helps in regulating the cholesterol levels in our body.
#2 Weight loss
Along with being rich in fiber, they help to provide energy too. Daily consumption of a handful of chia seeds mixed with some dry fruits helps us remain full longer. Since chia seeds are hydrophilic, they soak a lot of water and expand in the stomach and give an impression of a full appetite, thus warding off untimely hunger pangs, preventing binge-eating, and thereby helping us in losing weight.
Every 100 grams of chia seeds contain 480 calories and 30 grams of fat, out of which 23 grams are essential and good fats with omega 3 and 6.
#3 A dose of Omega-3
Chia seeds contain the highest source of plant-based omega acid, known as Alpha-Linolenic Acid (AHA). Omega-3 is essential for the proper functioning of our body. These are part of polyunsaturated fats, which are ‘good fats’ and are essential for the proper functioning of the body’s nervous system.
#4 Essential minerals and antioxidants
Chia seeds are loaded with essential minerals that help to give our daily diet a power boost. They a high dose of antioxidants that prevent inflammation, growth of cancer cells, and aging, and age-related cognitive decline. 2-3 spoons of chia seeds can provide you with 30% of your daily manganese requirement and 18% of your daily calcium requirement.
#5 Maintains blood sugar and cholesterol
Chia seeds are good for the overall digestive and metabolic health of the body. They help to maintain blood sugar levels, good cholesterol (HDL), and reduce levels of triglycerides (blood fat) and bad cholesterol (LDL). Hence these can be consumed by diabetic patients. They help in maintaining a healthy heart and strong bones. Chia seeds are also gluten-free and hence can be consumed by people who are allergic to gluten.
How to eat chia seeds?
Some of the ways you can consider how to consume chia seeds.
Chia seeds on soaking in water expand and become softer, and have a silky texture. Chia seeds can add a fresh new dimension to your food.
2. With Shakes
3. On Salad
4. With Cereal
You can have them with cereal every morning.
They can also be mixed with a glass of water and consumed raw.
Indian chia seeds
Chia seeds, being native of Mexico, do not have an Indian name. It is, however, often confused with sabja or basil seeds. Now, one should know the difference between these two.
Basil or sabja seeds are black, tiny, and round. Chia seeds, on the other hand, are a bit larger, oval in shape, and are multicolored- black, brown, and white.
Basil seeds need to be soaked in water for a few hours before they can be consumed. Chia seeds, on the other hand, can be eaten raw as well as soaked.
Chia does not have any taste of its own and thus can be added to any dish. Basil seeds, on the other hand, have a mint flavor.
Despite their differences, both these seeds on consumption give an impression of a full appetite, thus helping us avoid snacking throughout the day and aids in weight loss.
Do chia seeds help in losing weight?
Chia seed can be beneficial in losing weight. Since chia seeds are rich in fiber and many other nutrients, it helps us feel full, thus reducing our hunger pangs and avoiding binge-eating. All these, combined, will help us to lose weight. One of the best things is that it doesn’t deprive the body of its required nutrients in losing weight. You can buy the chia seeds from the best chia seeds brand in India and consume them regularly.
Can chia seeds be eaten raw?
Chia seeds can both be eaten raw as well as an accomplishment in other dishes. Many health experts suggest we eat chia seeds raw to get all the health benefits without any alterations.
However, since chia seeds do not have any taste or flavor of their own, they can be mixed with other dishes to make them tastier and can be consumed easily. You can go for the best chia seeds brand in India and add them to smoothies, bread, cakes, muffins, and even sprinkled on top of salads.
Are chia seeds bad for health?
Everything comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Uncertainties exist regarding potential allergies to chia seeds. People who suffer from allergies should be careful while eating chia seeds as they can have some allergic reactions.
According to current research, eating 15 grams of chia seeds per day is considered harmless for health. However, there are no studies on the long-term effect of these seeds.
Chia seeds have blood-thinning properties and may interact with blood-thinning drugs. They should not be consumed before surgery. People with low blood pressure should be aware that consuming chia seeds can lower their blood pressure even further. In the case of blood-clotting disorders or blood-thinning medications, it is advised that you consult your doctor before consuming chia seeds.
When consuming chia oil capsules, it is important to follow the instructions on the packet. Scientists consider a daily dose of 2 grams of chia seeds harmless for health.
Having discussed all the health benefits of chia seeds, let us now come to the best chia seeds brand in India.
If you are a health-conscious person and are looking for ways to incorporate healthy food in your diet, then you can start by including chia seeds in your diet. Let us discuss the best chia seeds brand in India to make your process of selection easier.
Chia seeds India shopping guide
1. You can find chia seeds at any Whole Foods Market, health food stores, and even your nearest grocery stores.
2. You can also buy chia seeds online India from various online shopping sites.
3. While buying chia seeds, one should look for speckled black or white seeds, but not uniformly brown. One should not buy brown chia seeds since brown seeds are mostly immature ones that haven’t had a chance to mature properly, and this can result in fewer nutritional benefits and give the seeds a bitter taste.
Chia seeds are superfoods that have taken the health community by storm thanks to their several nutritional benefits. Packed with unsaturated fats, vitamins, proteins, and fibers, they can be your go-to breakfast buddy. The article gives you a list of the best chia seeds brand in India that you can choose from the next time you need to buy them.
This article also provides you with the health and nutritional benefits of these tiny black seeds and how you can incorporate them into your diet. It also tells you why chia seeds are best for those trying to lose weight. Chia seeds and their high fiber content are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that, along with the heart, keep our bones, skin, and hair in good shape. Hence, they are an all-rounder that you should quickly add to your daily food routine. You can easily get chia seeds online.
Here are some of the chia seeds brands that you can consider to buy and these are Neuherbs Raw Unroasted Chia Seeds, R R Agro Foods Organic Premium Chia Seeds, Fitness Mantra Chia Seeds and Orgrain India Certified Organic Chia Seeds.