10 Best Air Fryers In India: Reviews And Buying Guide (Nov 2023)
An air fryer is an appliance that fries food by circulating hot air inside the food basket. It can fry fish, fries, chicken, steak, cutlets & patties, and almost anything that we fry routinely with a high amount of oil. Most air fryers have a built-in timer that avoids the food from getting burnt or dried.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Every day we consume food which has a lot of oil, which affects our health in ways we cannot even imagine. To avoid the usage of oil in our day to day life and to make our bodies healthier, a new technology known as Air Frying was introduced a few years back. With this air fryer buying guide we will help you select the best air fryer for your home. An air fryer is an appliance that fries food by circulating hot air inside the appliance. It maintains the perfect balance between taste and health so that you can enjoy your snack guilt free. It uses a minimal amount of oil, unlike deep frying wherein you submerge the food in hot oil to fry. An air fryer cooks food really quickly, saving a lot of time.
Air Fryers have recently gained popularity in the market as the manufacturers of air fryer claim that air fryer is healthy; frying is much healthier in an air fryer as compared to deep frying. An air fryer circulates air around the food and gives it a crunchy and crispy exterior. An air fryer lowers the fat content of the fried material as it uses very little oil while deep frying uses a lot of oil.
Air fryer uses such as to fry anything from meat patties to fries. The crispy exterior is achieved due to the convection mechanism. There are many air fryer brands like Philips Air Fryer, American Micronic Air Fryer, Prestige Air Fryer, and Pigeon Air Fryer that you could buy online and offline both. Let’s have a look at some of the best air fryers in India along with air fryer reviews. You may also note that the price of air fryers in India vary.
Table of Contents
A Look At The Top Picks For The Best Air Fryers In India
1. Best Air Fryer With User-Friendly Operation: Havells Grande Air Fryer
2. Best Air Fryer With Rapid Air Circulation: Inalsa Air Fryer
3. Best Budget Friendly Air Fryer: KENT 16096 Classic Hot Air Fryer
Summary Table: Best Air Fryers In India
List Of The Best Air Fryers
We have curated a list of the 10 best air fryer in India. An in-dept look at the features of these air fryers is explained below :
1. Instant Vortex 4-in-1 Air Fryer
This air fryer offers 4-in-1 functionality. It has a unique design that makes it highly user-friendly and easy to use. From cutlets to samosas to corn cheese balls, you can cook multiple dishes here. The outer body of this air fryer is designed with a high quality food-grade plastic.
2. PHILIPS Digital Air Fryer
Philips air fryer supports a digital display and a touch panel. It comes with seven different preset functions. The starfish design on the inside ensures 360 degrees even frying. What else? It has a 1.8 m retractable cord that provides comfort while using the appliance.
- Supports 360 degrees even frying.
- Features rapid air technology.
- The keep warm function maintains the ideal temperature for 30 minutes.
3. KENT 16096 Classic Hot Air Fryer
If you are looking for an air fryer that is budget-friendly, consider investing in this option. With a capacity of four liters, it can fry, bake, grill, roast and steam. It requires upto 80% less oil usage and supports rapid heating technology. The best part is the vapor steam feature that makes the dishes crispy from outside and tender from inside.
- Requires up to 80% less oil.
- Supports timer and temperature control knobs.
- Equipped with an auto cut-off function.
4. Varada Max XL Air Fryer
With a large capacity of 12 liters, this air fryer is suitable for large families and comes with eight cooking preset functions. It has a large LED touch screen control panel that offers ultimate ease while in use. It draws a power of 1800 watts and fries food in 360 degrees thereby saving time. Additionally, the overheat function is designed to offer a safe cooking experience.
- Supports eight preset functions.
- The large LED display control panel is easy to use.
- It provides overheat protection.
5. Havells Grande Air Fryer
This air fryer draws a power of 1700 watts. It features aero crisp technology that allows 360 degree air circulation. The led display indicates the cooking time and temperature which ease the overall cooking process. As compared to traditional frying, it consumes 85% less oil.
- Provides 360 degree air circulation.
- Comes with an integrated timer and auto-shut off function.
- It provides overheat protection.
6. Inalsa Air Fryer 2.9 L Fry Light
Inalsa was founded in 1967 and claims to be the first choice of Indian consumers for small home appliances since then. They offer high-quality products and professional services to customers. They comply with ISO quality systems and ISI test standards and because of strict quality testing norms, they manufacture best in class product designs.
This Inalsa air fryer has a food basket with a capacity of 2.9 L and a cooking pan with a capacity of 4.2 L. This basket can be removed from the air fryer after the power is off. This food basket is non stick. As a result, no food gets stuck to the basket. It has LED indicators for power. The handle is of cool touch with a release button to remove the basket. It operates on 1400 watts of power and a voltage of 220-240 V. There is also a timer knob that turns off automatically once the timer reaches zero. Inalsa comes in the category of the best air fryers in India because of its unique features.
- Food basket capacity of 2.9 L
- Cooking pan capacity of 4.2 L
- Non-stick food basket
- Adjustable temperature and time control
- LED indicator lights
- Cool touch handle
7. Glen 3044 Stainless Steel Air Fryer
Glen was founded in 1999 and the major products that they manufacture are chimneys, cooktops, cooking range, built in hobs and small appliances. They claim to have buyers of modern homes as they offer quality services. They say that their operational words are professional excellence and integrity. They promise that their products are an ideal combination of aesthetics and performance. They guarantee long and trouble-free usage.
This air fryer operates on 1350 watts of power. It has a big stainless steel coil due to which it does rapid heating. For the purpose of frying, it has vapor steam. The cooking capacity is 2.8 L. if you compare it to a conventional fryer, there is 80% less fat when fried with an air fryer. It can fry, grill, roast and bake with very less or no oil. It has adjustable knobs for time and temperature control up to 30 minutes and 200 degrees respectively. It comes with a removable disc, slotted plate, and grill plate.
- Requires 1350 watts of power
- Stainless steel coil
- Vapor steam frying
- Capacity is 2.8 L
8. American Micronic-AMI-AF1-35CLDx-3.5 L Air Fryer
American Micronic claims to make innovative home appliances for your health, safety, and comfort. They manufacture modern kitchen appliances for clean and healthy homes. They also make efficient cleaning appliances for a cleaner home.
This versatile air fryer can grill, roast and bake your favorite foods. It is manufactured from premium quality and better technology. It has an adjustable timer control where you can set the time for up to 30 minutes. The basket is non-stick and it has turbo tunnel fresh air technology. This air fryer is 50% bigger, 38% faster and 27% more efficient, makers claim. This air fryer being more efficient means that it consumes less power and saves energy.
It has a capacity of 3.5 L. it requires 1500 watts of power to operate and 220-240 V of operating voltage. It comes with 2 years warranty which is provided by the manufacturer from the date of purchase. It includes an instruction manual and a warranty card. It also has a sturdy basket with a good grip for holding it.
- Premium built quality
- Adjustable timer control
- Adjustable temperature control
- Non-stick basket
- 2 years of product warranty
- Includes an instruction manual and a warranty card
- Sturdy basket and handle
9. Hilton 3.5 L Air Fryer
Hilton claims to be a young, dynamic and professionally managed company in the field of next-generation home and kitchen appliances. They say that they have focused on the development and manufacturing of a range of products that touch lives and improve lifestyles. They manufacture electric tandoor, steam cooker, roti maker, induction cooker, washing machine, popcorn maker, air fryer, etc.
This robust air fryer can fry, grill, roast, and bake. It has rapid air technology which helps you cook with less oil, and gives you healthier and tastier food. It has an innovative design for cooking conveniently. There is a recipe book included with this air fryer. This recipe book has all the recipes for low fat foods.
It has a timer control and temperature control and it can be cleaned easily. The handle has cool touch housing, which means that even when you are using it, the handle will stay cool. It has anti-skidding feet which don’t let the air fryer slip or move while cooking. It also has a rotating inner base.
- Rapid air technology
- Oil-less cooking
- Innovative design
- Easy to use and clean
- Includes a recipe book with low-fat recipes
- Sturdy basket and handle
10. SToK Air Fryer
The Stok air fryer has 2.6 L of capacity with adjustable temperature control from 80 to 200 degrees Celsius. It works around the rapid air technology with the help of which it can roast, air fry, bake, steam, saute and grill. Frying tray and frying basket are dishwasher safe. It also includes a recipe book and a free extra grill. It has a unique design at the bottom so that the hot air is evenly distributed.
- 2.6 L of capacity
- Adjustable temperature control
- Adjustable timer control
- Rapid air technology
- The frying tray and frying basket are dishwasher safe
- The frying basket is dishwasher safe.
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
To understand how an air fryer works, you must know what all is inside an air fryer. An air fryer has different components and factors that work for it to achieve the process of frying with very little oil:
As mentioned earlier, an air fryer cooks food by heated air. But did you know that as soon as you turn on an air fryer, the temperature of the air inside the air fryer goes really high, up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit? This air flows in the air fryer and around the food which cooks the food properly and gives it a crispy exterior.
2. Cooking Chamber
A cooking chamber is the one in which there is a heating element and the food which is to be cooked is placed inside this cooking chamber. It resembles a big bowl which can be detached from the air fryer and can be placed back inside. There are small holes at the bottom of the cooking chamber which allow the hot air to enter from below into the cooking chamber.
3. Heater And Fan
All the top air fryers have a heater and a fan. The heater heats the air to a point when it starts cooking the food, while the fan circulates the same heated air inside the cooking chamber.
4. Exhaust System
An exhaust system reduces the pressure in the air fryer. It also reduces the odor which is generated from the frying of food.
5. Food Separator
A food separator is placed in the cooking chamber. It allows you to keep different types of food simultaneously.
6. Timer And Adjustable Temperature
Best air fryers come with a timer and a feature of adjusting the temperature, which means that you will know once the food is properly cooked and can be served.
7. Rapid Air Technology
Due to this technology, the food gets fried at double the speed than deep frying. At the same time, the exhaust system generates hot rapid air inside the air fryer and as a result, the food is cooked from all sides.
8. Exhaust System
You are able to make out when the food is cooked because of the fragrance of the cooked food. The exhaust system is like a filter that keeps the extra air after the food is cooked, hence, only fresh air is released outside which you can smell. This is reason why there is no odor while frying using an air fryer.
9. Cooling System
There is a cooling fan placed over the motor of the air fryer which makes sure that even when the air inside the cooking chamber is superheated, the appliance remains cool. This way, overloading is avoided.
How To Use An Air Fryer?
There are certain things which you should keep in mind while using an air fryer and they are as follows:
- While cooking something make sure you open it in between and shake the food item so they don’t get compressed.
- Don’t put a lot of food at a time. Make sure to leave some space so that the air can circulate effectively.
- Apply a single coat of oil or spray some oil on the food so that they don’t stick to the basket.
- Before you start frying something, make sure you put the ingredient dry in the basket, if the food is not dry there might be excess smoke.
How To Clean An Air Fryer?
1. First and foremost, before cleaning your air fryer, you must unplug your unit, so it doesn’t cause you any harm.
2. Make sure that the air fryer has cooled down before cleaning it.
3. Once the air fryer is cooled down, wipe it with a damp cloth to ensure there is no debris stuck on the outer body.
4. Now wash the tray, pan, and the basket with hot water and soap. Most components of air fryers are dishwasher safe, so you can put them in the dishwasher too.
5. Clean the interiors of the air fryer thoroughly. Make sure you don’t leave any food particle on it. Clean it with a sponge and hot water.
6. If you see any food particle stuck on the heating element of the fryer, remove it using a brush.
7. Once you have washed the components of air fryer, make sure they are dry completely before you set them back in the fryer.
8. If the food particles are still stuck on the pan and basket, do not remove them with bare hands or any other utensil. Just soak them in warm soapy water for a few minutes and rub them off with a sponge.
Storing Your Air Fryer
Once you have cleaned your air fryer thoroughly, store it carefully. Place it inside in an upright position. If the air fryer has some storage space, tuck the cord in it so that the wire is kept unhampered.
What Can You Cook In An Air Fryer?
An air fryer can be used to cook many foods like French fries, muffins, vegetables, meat dishes, etc. Here is a list of foods that can be cooked in an air fryer.
You can steam, fry and grill vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, zucchini, etc. within no time. So if you are in mood to eat health veggies without using a drop of oil, then cook them in your air fryer.
You can grill, steam and fry chicken, mutton, and fish as you like to have a hearty yet healthy oil-less protein-rich meal.
3. Frozen Foods
Think of all frozen foods- be it French fries, nuggets, frozen kebabs, tikkas, etc. can all be fried without really frying them. What’s better than enjoying your fried foods without really even using a spoonful of oil.
4. Other Foods
You can bake muffins, custards, lasagna, and even breads. Yes, that’s right. All you need is a non-stick air fryer friendly baking dish to accomplish this level cooking. In fact, you can also roast your favorite nuts like peanuts, almonds, cashew and walnuts easily.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer?
We listed 6 benefits of air fryer. The benefits of air fryer ranges from less oil intake to easy cleaning.
- Air fryers are easy to use i.e. they are easy to understand and can be used by anybody.
- They can be carried around from one place to another easily.
- They are easy to clean which makes them less time-consuming as compared to those utensils which are used for deep frying.
- Air Fryer price does not burn a hole in your pocket and you can choose from a wide variety, depending on the size and design that matches your home or kitchen.
- They use very less oil making the food healthier and less oily.
- Ability to shut down after the timer is done and avoid the food from getting burnt or dried.
Tips To Maintain An Air Fryer | Important Points To Remember About An Air Fryer
- If you don’t understand how to use it properly, make sure to read the instruction manual carefully. You don’t want to spoil your cooking experience.
- Always keep the air fryer spick and span. Make sure to clean every part of the air fryer thoroughly after every use. Delayed cleaning could lead to hardened food particles and a lingering food smell in your air fryer.
- Always inspect the cord of the fryer. Do not, in any way put a damaged cord in the socket as it may lead to electric currents or injury.
- Before using, always make sure there is no dust on the fryer or food particle in it. First clean it properly and then start using it.
- Don’t forget to place your air fryer away from the wall or another kitchen appliance, in order to have adequate space to vent steam and hot air while cooking. If you place them in an enclosed area while cooking, chances are, the air fryer might heat up quickly.
- Make sure you see that all the components of the air fryer are in place and not damaged. In case they are, order them from the manufacturer directly. Don’t buy anything from an unauthorized dealer.
Frequently Asked Questions
We answered a few FAQs on the Best Air Fryers In India.
Sometimes when we cook breaded/coated foods in an air fryer, the bottom layer gets stuck in the ‘grill’ base leading to a messy extraction. We recommend you spray the basket with oil. If not, you can use butter paper/baking paper to sit on the bottom. Please make sure that the paper does NOT cover the entire basket, leave out space for the fan to regulate the heat. Also, make sure that the paper is weighed down by food. If the weight of the food is not weighing it down, it will get stuck in the fan.
Yes. Absolutely. Air frying is one the most healthiest cooking options available these days. It uses lesser/no oil and reduces our calorie count.
Most commonly, people use air fryers for cooking frozen foods. Just pop ’em in and out they are looking all golden and crisp. Air fryers are great for cooking home cut fries, chicken, fish, reheating and crisping up pakoras, fries and anything that has become soggy and need to crisp up. We have seen people make Kashmiri style baingan in an air fryer. Seriously!
Sometimes while cooking something home style, you might need a spoonful of oil to coat the food. But do note that spraying cooking oil is a much better option than pouring in a spoonful. Spraying cooking oil will evenly distribute the oil and will help prevent extra spillage/over usage of oil.
The outer surface need to be cleaned regularly with a clean cloth. If there are too many stains, use a damp cloth with warm water to ease out the stains. You can clean the basket as per the instruction given on your appliance manual or follow the age old rinsing with warm soapy water method. The oil and grease needs to be cleaned regularly.
The most commonly available/popular brands of air fryers in India are
In conclusion, buying an air fryer can help you fry any food in the comfort of your kitchen. It can fry fish, fries, chicken, steak, cutlets & patties, and almost anything that we fry routinely with a high amount of oil. Hence, buying an air fryer is worth giving a shot if your priority is your health and hopefully this guide will help you to select the best air fryer.
Nowadays, a modern kitchen generally contains air fryers, induction cooktops, kitchen chimneys, dishwashers, rice cookers, coffee makers and food processors that not only make your job in the kitchen easier, but also save a lot of time and effort. Here are our top picks from the above list: Havells Grande Air Fryer, Inalsa Air Fryer and KENT 16096 Classic Hot Air Fryer.
Buying from the links on this page may earn us a fee. Please read our complete ethics statement here.