Amul Cheese Cookies Review – Crisp Cookies With Cheddar
Cheesy, savory and sweet. Amul Cheese cookies are an all-in-one snack that will be perfect for your grazing platter.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Most of us have been under the impression that when it comes to cookies, nothing can beat a chunky, chocolate chip-loaded one. And saying that we were taken by surprise after reviewing this new launch by Amul would be an understatement.
From their extensive range of dairy products, Amul entered the snack aisle with an exciting range of cookies. From butter to chocolate, the cheese variant got us curious. In this Amul cheese cookies review, we shed light on everything from taste and texture to aroma and flavors. Spoiler alert- this is worth a try!
Also Read- Types of cookies around the world!
Table of Contents
Amul Cheese Cookies – Everything You Need To Know
Here’s all you need to know about Amul cheese cookies.
The outer pack is an elegant-looking black wrapper with a simple, gold font and representational images of the cookies. Inside, there are six cookies stacked horizontally in a tray to minimize the chances of breaking.
2. Main Ingredients
Maida, Butter (20%), Sugar, Water, Cheddar Cheese (9%), Liquid Glucose, Skimmed Milk Powder, Salt, Raising Agents (E 503 (Ii), E 500(Ii)), Emulsifier (E 472E) are the ingredients that go in the making.
Cheese cookies- do they taste buttery? Or have a more dominant flavor of cheddar cheese? Sweet, savory or something confusing? What is the primary taste?
All intact or a bit cracked? Golden brown, too dark, or too light? How did our pack of cookies look? Are they thin, thick, or somewhere in between?
Crisp, crumbly, chewy, or cakey, what best describes the texture and mouthfeel?
6. Nutritional Information
Following are the Amul Cheese cookies nutritional facts per 100 grams-
493 Kcal, 11 grams of protein, 25 grams of fat, and 56 grams of carbohydrates (of which 21 grams is sugar)
7. Shelf Life
These cookies have a six-month shelf life.
A 50-gram pack is priced at Rs 20.
Amul Cheese Cookies – Detailed Review
|Amul Cheese Cookies||Product Parameters|
|Shelf Life||Six months|
These cookies feature premium packaging. The glossy black wrapper looks plush but creates some hindrance as we tried to read the labels.
The cookies are placed in a tray. A 50-gram pack holds six cookies.
Visually, the cookies have a well-baked, wheatish brown appearance. They are quite identical in terms of size and thickness. As seen in the images, these are thick and chunky.
They emit a bold cheesy aroma, and undernotes of a rich buttery aroma were noticed too.
Texture- Fresh and crispy! The cookies seem well-baked and have a pronounced bite. Additionally, the buttery mouthfeel had us going back for seconds.
Taste- The primary variant of cheese used in these cookies is Cheddar. It is a known fact that the more aged the cheese, the more intense and sharp are the flavors.
The characteristic sharpness and pungency of cheese were tasted, although only mildly. As compared to aged cheddar, the younger counterpart has a milder, creamier flavor. The cheese flavor in these cookies is not overwhelming, so the slightly sweet-salty flavors marry each other perfectly. We liked how these cookies have a uniform taste throughout. The cheese has been carefully folded into the flour-butter-sugar dough.
- A 50-gram pack is priced at Rs 20.
- It has a shelf life of six months.
- Main Ingredients- Maida, Butter (20%), Sugar, Water, Cheddar Cheese(9%), Liquid Glucose, Skimmed Milk Powder, Salt, Raising Agents (E 503 (Ii), E 500(Ii)), Emulsifier (E 472E)
- Thumbs up for the tray packaging.
- Crisp and toothsome! The cookies are baked quite well.
- The flavor of cheddar cheese makes its presence felt without it being overwhelming.
- A delectable balance of sweet and savory flavors was noticed.
- These are priced thoughtfully, making them a budget-friendly snack.
Best Suited For
This is a rich, satiating snack. If you love the flavor of cheddar cheese, you’ll regret missing out on this!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Amul cheese cookies.
1. How many cookies are there in total in one pack?
You get six cookies in a 50-gram pack.
2. Does the cheese in these cookies lead to fat-related problems?
Cheese is a fat-dense ingredient. That said, fat-related problems arise when an individual constantly consumes more calories than required. This caloric surplus paired with a sedentary lifestyle may cause fat-related problems.
To conclude, we suggest mindful consumption.
3. Can these cookies be paired with tea or coffee?
We would recommend adding it to a grazing platter, rather than pairing it with a beverage.
4. What is the carbohydrate content of each cheese cookie?
Per 100 grams, you get 56 grams of carbohydrates.
5. Is this cookie completely vegetarian?
Yes, this is a 100% vegetarian product.
Amul Cheese cookies make for a rich snack. Crisp and a fulfilling bite, showcase an appetizing flavor profile. There’s a subtle sweetness and savoriness with a sharp cheese flavor. Additionally, these are priced economically.
Cheesecakes, cheese cookies, what are some of your favorite cheese-based snacks?
More Cookies Mishry Recommends
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.