Alpino Peanut Butter Crunch Review
Alpino Peanut Butter Natural Crunch has a naturally nutty taste. With the silky smoothness paired with crunchy bits of peanuts, we liked this protein-packed spread.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Healthy fats, fiber, and protein have you ever wondered why peanuts aren’t categorized as ‘superfoods’? From sweets to savories, warm slices of bread to smoothies and salads, peanut butter is one of the super versatile pantry staples!
Peanut butter essentially is a spread made of just roasted peanuts. Naturally, we judged it on parameters like nuttiness and easy spreadability in our Alpino Natural Peanut Butter Crunch review.
Additionally, since the market is currently saturated with enough peanut butter variants to confuse consumers, we scrutinized the labels on Alpino’s unsweetened crunchy variant too.
Does it contain added sugar? Refined oils? Or is Alpino Natural Peanut Butter Crunch made using just peanuts?
Table of Contents
Alpino Peanut Butter Crunch – Everything You Need To Know
A good source of vitamins and rich in minerals, Alpino Natural Peanut Butter Crunch claims to be free of stabilizers and fillers.
This unsweetened peanut butter is packed in PET jars. Like most spreads, this one too is sealed under the lid.
Peanut butter is typically produced by dry roasting and churning peanuts. Roasted peanuts have a stronger nutty taste.
Did this peanut butter have a roasted taste? Was the taste fresh or did it taste bitter and rancid?
The ingredient list on this unsweetened crunchy peanut butter mentions only one ingredient- 100% peanuts. Thumbs up!
For this review, we tasted the crunchy unsweetened variant.
For types of butter that are nut-based, oil separation is quite common.
Good crunchy peanut butter is one with tiny peanut bits that retain the bite and do not turn soggy or soft. Did Alpino contain crunchy bits?
The other aspect of checking consistency is spreadability. Is it flowy or lumpy?
PS- to ensure consistency in texture, it is always recommended to store your jar of peanut butter upside down. Always stir the contents well before consumption.
Unlike flavored/sweetened variants, this crunchy peanut butter had the characteristic peanutty aroma.
Since only 100% peanuts have been used, there is a lovely earthy flavor that roasted peanuts have.
The nutty flavor also signifies that peanuts haven’t been under or over-roasted.
7. Nutritional Information
Most packaged food items display the caloric breakdown for a standard quantity of 100 g. We always appreciate when the calories per serving have been mentioned too. Alpino does that!
Per 32 g serve (almost two tablespoons), you get 194 kcal of energy which is divided as 10 g of protein, 7 g of carbohydrates, and 15 g of fat.
8. Shelf Life
This peanut butter has a shelf life of 12 months.
9. Available Sizes & Price
There are five quantities of peanut butter to choose from. The unsweetened crunchy variant comes in-
- 400 g- Rs 219
- 800 g-Rs 438
- 1 kg- Rs 499
- 2 kg- Rs 998
- 2.4 kg- Rs 949
10. Available Variants
Alpino peanut butter is available in the spread form as well as powder. Smooth and crunchy flavors like the following are also offered-
- Organic Natural
Here is the list of the top PB brands in India.
Alpino Peanut Butter Crunch – Detailed Review
Here is all you need to know from our experience with Alpino Peanut Butter Crunch.
|Alpino Natural Peanut Butter Crunch 1 kg
|1 kg- INR 499
In a fruit smoothie, over toasted bread, with a cup of sliced apples and bananas, and straight from the jar- we tasted this unsweetened peanut butter with and without taste-altering ingredients.
Right as we opened the jar, before stirring, we noticed a very minimal quantity of natural oil that had settled at the top.
That said, it did not ruin the taste, aroma, or texture of the PB.
- This peanut comes packed in a PET jar.
- It is manufactured under a US FDA-certified facility.
- It has a 30% protein content.
- It is devoid of hydrogenated oils, added salt, and sugar.
- This peanut butter is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- It is economically priced.
- This crunchy butter has a shelf life of 12 months.
- Roasted peanuts is the only ingredient used.
- We liked the textural variation each spoonful has.
- The peanut bits add a prominent bite.
- The bits are adequately sized.
- Despite being a crunchy variant, this peanut butter has remarkable spreadability.
- Overall, it has a very fresh taste.
- We could taste the mild natural saltiness from roasted peanuts.
- It offers a whopping 10 g of protein per serve!
Best Suited For
Crunchy peanut butter is great for those who prefer a variation in texture. This unsweetened variant is basically as good as eating raw peanuts as it contains no added sugar.
The addition of crunchy peanut bits helps break the monotony by adding a bite.
If you prefer unsweetened PB for the marginally lower carbohydrate content, this is a good option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Alpino natural peanut butter crunch
1. Is this peanut butter gluten-free?
Yes, this peanut butter is gluten-free.
2. Does Alpino peanut butter contain preservatives?
No, this peanut butter does not contain any preservatives.
3. Does its intake increase the level of cholesterol?
You are recommended to consume this in moderation.
We suggest adding a variety of whole foods, leafy veggies, fruits, and good fats to your daily diet.
4. What is the manufacturing date of the Alpino peanut butter?
The jar we ordered was manufactured on 1st September 2021.
5. Which peanut butter of Alpino is better: the smooth one or the crunchy one?
This primarily depends on your preference. The nutritional values for both are very similar.
Superior spreadability and super satiating, our Alpino Peanut Butter Crunch review ended on a positive note.
We observed a very fresh-tasting peanut butter that backs the ‘100% peanuts used’ claim. This straight-out-of-the-jar taste test also shows how well the peanuts have been roasted.
Talking about the peanut bits, they are adequately sized. In the sense, they aren’t too tiny to be missed; neither has the brand added whole peanuts.
Overall, this is good-quality peanut butter.
More Brands of PB We Reviewed
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.