Aam Panna Recipe – Make This Classic Summer Cooler Today
Indian summers = Aam panna. Here is our quick and easy four ingredient aam panna recipe that will keep you going back for more throughout the summer.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Sweating and feeling dehydrated during summer is a very common thing and it is vital to keep yourself hydrated with lots of cooling beverages. Indian cuisine is a gold mine of such natural summer drinks like bel ka sherbet, gulab sherbet, chaas, shikanji, and aam panna to name a few.
Indian summers are often associated with mangoes, so what better than some deliciously tart raw mangoes as a summer cooler? You only need four ingredients for preparing this delicious homemade aam panna recipe. The best thing about aam panna is that it can be stored as a concentrate and when the guests are over, just dilute it with some water and VOILA! You can even turn this aam panna into a yummy cocktail for when you want to kick back and have a relaxed weekend.
Table of Contents
Aam Panna Recipe – Make This Summer Cooler With 4 Ingredients
Deliciously sweet and tart, aam panna is an age old summer cooler recipe passed on through generations in Indian homes. The process and the aam panna ingredients are as follows :
Ingredients For Aam Panna
Here is the quick 4 ingredient aam panna recipe:
- 1 kg Raw Mango
- 2 cups Sugar
- 10-12 Mint Leaves
- 2 teaspoon Chaat Masala or Kala Namak
Instructions to Make the Aam Panna Concentrate
Here the complete instruction on how to make aam panna concentrate.
Step 1: Peel Raw Mangoes
Peel all raw mangoes and put them in a pressure cooker.
Step 2: Pressure Cook It
Add 6-7 cups of water and boil them in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles.
Step 3: Remove Mango Seed
Once cooked, let them cool. Take out the mango seed or the guthli.
Step 4: Mash The Mango
Mash the remaining pulp with a spoon. Keep aside.
Step 5: Add Remaining Ingredients
In the mango puree, add 2 cups of sugar, mint leaves and chaat masala or kala namak.
Step 6: Blend It
Pulse this mix in a blender.
Step 7: Ready to Store
Your concentrate is ready. Store it in a glass bottle.
Instructions to Make the Aam Panna
- In a glass add 2 Tablespoons of the aam panna concentrate, and add chilled water on top.
- Add ice cubes and serve chilled.
- You can add roasted cumin seeds (bhuna jeera) on top before serving.
You can replace white sugar with jaggery or brown sugar also. Adjust the sugar according to your taste.
The color of the aam panna can vary from green to yellow depending on the ripeness of the raw mango.
Best Aam Panna Brands
Don’t Have Time To Make It From Scratch? Then you must surely consider buying aam panna online.
If you are not a kitchen wizard and need ready-made options, here are some of the best aam panna drinks available online.
Some brands are easily available in stores too. Check it out.
1) Paper Boat Aam Panna Juice
- It has no added color.
- It has no added preservatives.
- The aam panna by Paper Boat is tart and has a hint of cumin that will have you clicking your tongue.
2) Smoodies Aam Ka Panna
- Shelf life is 45 days
- Ingredients include green mangoes, sugarcane, water, mint, lemon, and pink salt.
3) Rasna Native Haat Aampanna
- Rasna Native Haat Aam Panna is a concentrate.
- Contains permitted natural colors and flavors.
4) Mapro Raw Mango Crush
- Ingredients include raw mango pulp, common salt, sugar, spices.
- It also contains acidity regulators and thickeners.
- This is a vegan product and is also gluten-free, as per the label.
5) Atrum Shutrum Raw Mango Juice
- Contains synthetic colors.
- It is a ready to serve fruit beverage.
- Ingredients include water, raw mango crush, sugar.
If its summertime, then lots of aam panna must be had! I hope you are keeping yourself cool with this traditional Indian drink. Stay hydrated and safe! Ready to drink aam panna is a quick shot way to indulge in this drink during summers. Or you can also prepare a homemade version if you like to go preservative free.