Real Fruit Juice Flavors – These Fruit Juices Have Masala!
Three lip-smacking Real Fruit Juice Flavors that have an added masala. How does the guava, pomegranate, and mixed fruit juice from one of India’s top fruit juice brands rate on our taste-o-meter?
Packaged fruit juices are often very unidimensional, full of sugar and nothing else. May we suggest adding some masala to your glass of fruit juice? Fresh fruit juice and masala go very well together but does a packaged juice blend well with masala? We set out to find exactly that! Real fruit juice is one of the most popular fruit juice brands in India and has introduced a range of Real Fruit Power Masala Juices recently.
We reviewed four Real Fruit Power Masala Juices – Masala Guava, Masala Pomegranate, Masala Mixed Fruit Juice, and Masala Sugarcane. Let’s find out more about these fruit juices in our Real Fruit Power Masala Juices review.
Real Fruit Power Masala Juices – Quick Glance
|Parameters||Real Fruit Power Masala Guava||Real Fruit Power Masala Pomegranate||Real Fruit Power Masala Mixed Fruit||Real Fruit Power Masala Sugarcane|
|Main Ingredients||Water, Guava Pulp (20%), Sugar, Salt, Spice and Spice Extracts||Water, Pomegranate Pulp (20%), Sugar, Salt, Spice and Spice Extracts||Water, Sugar, Mixed Fruit Concentrate (4%) [Orange Conc. (1.5%), Apple Conc. (1.32%), Pink Guava puree (0.33%), Apricot Conc. (0.29%), Mango conc. (0.16%), Banana puree (0.16%), Orange Puree (0.13%), Passion Fruit conc. (0.09%), Lime Conc. (0.01%), Lemon conc (0.01%)], Mango Pulp (3.3%)], Spices and Condiments (0.0017%)||Water, Sugarcane Juice (25%), Sugar, Reconstituted Lemon Juice (0.8%), Iodized Salt, Black Salt, Spice Extracts (0.006%)|
|Price (1 L)||INR 105||INR 120||INR 115||INR 105|
|Calories (100 ml)||46 kcal||48 kcal||49 kcal||53 kcal|
|Shelf Life||Best before six months from manufacture||Best before six months from manufacture||Best before six months from manufacture||Best before six months from manufacture|
Real Fruit Juice Flavours – Masala Fruit Juice
Real Fruit Power Masala Juices – Everything You Need to Know
Real Fruit Power Masala Juices are available in 1 L resealable tetra packs. With the goodness of the labeled fruit and without any added preservatives, the four variants of Real Fruit Power Masala Juices have a bold fruity taste with a mild salty kick.
Following are some details about the Real Fruit Power Masala Juices range-
1. Available Flavors
Real Fruit Power Masala Juices are available in four flavor variants. These are-
- Real Fruit Power Masala Guava
- Real Fruit Power Masala Pomegranate
- Real Fruit Power Masala Mixed Fruit
- Real Fruit Power Masala Sugarcane
2. Available Sizes
There are 180 ml single-serve and 1 L resealable tetra packs of Real Fruit Power Masala Juices available.
3. Price Range
The 180 ml tetra packs are priced at Rs 20, whereas the 1 L packs are priced in the Rs 105-120 range.
4. Main Ingredients
With packaged fruit juices, the biggest concern is the amount of added sugar. The naturally occurring sugars from fruits aren’t as harmful as refined or added sugars.
What makes these fruit sugars relatively better than refined sugar is the glycemic index and digestibility.
Since fruits also have some amount of fiber, they slow down the digestion process, making you feel fuller for longer.
5. Nutrition facts
Following are the nutrition facts for Real Fruit Power Masala Juices per 100 ml-
45-55 kcal, with negligible amounts of proteins and fats, and 11-12 g of carbohydrates.
Both variants 180 ml and 1 L are packed in tetra packs. The 1 L Real Fruit Power Masala Juices come in tetra packs with plastic lids.
Related Read : Real Activ Fruit Veggie Juices Review – We Tried Two Blends.
Real Fruit Power Masala Juice Flavours – Our Review Factors
In addition to taste, the sugar to fruit pulp ratio can easily make or break the packaged fruit juice.
Some important parameters of Team Mishry’s Real Fruit Power Masala Juices review include the taste, aroma, consistency, price, and other such factors.
Could we taste the fruit that was mentioned on the pack? Or was it just a masala-loaded liquid?
Is the aroma bold enough for us to be able to distinguish between Real Fruit Power Masala Juices, if a blind taste test was performed? Does the masaledar aroma make its presence felt?
Is there some fibrous pulpiness? Or is it a smooth fruit beverage?
The quantity and quality of ingredients used have a huge impact on the final price of the product. Does this mean an average-priced fruit juice is made using average ingredients?
1. Real Fruit Power Masala Guava
Packed in a green-colored carton, that resembles the color of guava. Real Fruit Power Masala Guava contains 20% of the fruit pulp.
This orange-colored fruity masala beverage had a fresh aroma! It resembled that of ripe guava slices with generously sprinkled chaat masala. The consistency wasn’t too thin or too pulpy. We could see little fibers in the glass too.
In addition to this mild pulpy consistency, this Real Fruit Power Masala Juice variant also had some graininess. This comes from the ground seeds of the fruit.
- Real Fruit Power Masala Juice has a shelf life of six months.
- Once opened, you are recommended to consume it within five days.
- The 1 L carton is priced at Rs 105.
- This variant contains 20% of guava pulp.
- The consistency is mildly grainy and pulpy.
- The guava variant was hands down the tastiest masala juice from the entire range.
- It has well-balanced levels of sweetness.
- The aftertaste resembles that of a bowl of fruit chaat.
- The overall fruity and salty flavors combine well.
Best Suited For
Craving for some guava after its season is over? This Real Fruit Power Masala Guava variant is pretty close to the real thing, in the liquid form of course.
2. Real Fruit Power Masala Pomegranate
Similar to the Guava variant, Real Fruit Power Masala Pomegranate too is packed in an easy-pour carton. The ingredient list mentions the addition of spices and spice extracts like cumin, black pepper, ginger, and capsicum.
Right as we opened the seal, a fresh pomegranate-like aroma was noticed. This masala fruit juice variant had a lighter consistency as compared to the guava variant. The color is quite close to the real pomegranate seeds.
The grainy texture from ground seeds was felt here too.
- It is recommended to refrigerate the carton once opened.
- A variety of spices and spice extracts have been used.
- 100 ml of this Real Fruit Power Masala Juice variant provides 50 kcal.
- There is a decent balance of sweet and masala flavors.
- The aroma does complete justice to the name tag.
- This fruit juice is a bit grainy as seeds have been crushed while juicing the fruit.
- The overall taste is quite good.
- There is a slight bitterness to this masala fruit juice variant that may not be palatable to all.
Best Suited For
This Real Fruit Power Masala Juice has a pretty maroon-red color which would add a great visual appeal to homemade cocktails/mocktails.
3. Real Fruit Power Masala Mixed Fruit Juice
The mixed fruit variant of the masala fruit juice range by Real looks like orange juice.
When talking about the aroma, there was no one dominant fruit overpowering the others.
Consistency-wise, we were quite surprised looking at how thin this was. Packaged fruit juices are typically a tad bit thicker, even when they are not ‘pulpy’.
The taste was very similar to the original mixed fruit juice, with lowered sweetness. The masala flavor was hard to spot.
- Real Fruit Power Masala is packed in an orange-colored easy-pour carton.
- It has a shelf life of six months.
- This variant is priced at INR 115.
- The consistency is lighter than the other two variants.
- This tasted like the original mixed fruit juice by Real.
- The consistency was water-like.
- There was no dominant aroma or taste of any of the fruits mentioned in the list.
Best Suited For
This is for someone who’s looking for a fruit beverage that is light on the palate.
Quick Read :
Real Activ Mixed Fruit Juice Review.
4. Real Fruit Power Masala Sugarcane
Real Fruit Power Masala Sugarcane comes packed in a paper-based carton. This is 100% recyclable. Thumbs up for that! The six-layered packaging used ensures maximum nutrition retention.
The color of this masala fruit beverage is quite similar to a freshly squeezed glass of ganne ka ras.
The consistency and taste of this packaged sugarcane juice are the diluted version of the real thing. The natural sugarcane sweetness and thickness were quite low when compared to the OG beverage.
- This variant is available in 180 ml and 1 L tetra packs.
- The 1 L variant has a six-layered fully recyclable packaging.
- 25% of sugarcane juice has been used.
- Iodized and black salts have been added, in addition to ginger and mint.
- We could taste the black salt used.
- Visually, this resembles a fresh glass of sugarcane juice.
- This variant contains added sugars.
- It is more calorie-dense as compared to freshly squeezed sugarcane juice. (Fresh sugarcane juice- 39 kcal, Real Fruit Power Masala Sugarcane Juice- 56 kcal)
- It is a watered-down version of sugarcane juice.
- Neither the sugarcane sweetness, nor the masala can be tasted well.
Best Suited For
Comparing the calories from natural fruit juice and the packaged variants may not always be easy. Looking at a number like 56 kcal for 100 ml, you may want to try this.
Real Fruit Power Masala Juices – Which Flavor Stands Out?
Taste, texture, consistency, aroma, and a boatload of nostalgic feelings- Real Fruit Power Masala Guava Juice was the winner!
Not only the aroma, but the taste and aftertaste too felt like that of guava slices loaded with chaat masala.
We also liked the slight grainy texture this variant had.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Real fruit juice flavors.
There are four flavor variants available in this Real Fruit Juice range. These are- guava, pomegranate, mixed fruit, and sugarcane.
Our Top Pick was Real Fruit Masala Guava Juice.
It is recommended to consume one serving of whole fruits rather than the juiced version.
An individual gains weight only in a caloric surplus. If the Real Fruit Masala Juice fits your calorie budget, it will not increase weight.
The 1 L tetra packs are priced in the INR 105-120 range.
Here is Team Mishry’s take on Real Fruit Masala Juices. We really liked the guava variant. It was quite thick and tasted fresh!
That being said, we recommend our readers to stick to whole fruits as much as possible.
Would you try a masaledar twist to a glass of fruit juice?
More Fruit Juice Reviews!
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.