Jade Forest Original Ginger Ale Review – Mishry
Will Jade Forest’s Ginger Ale makes its way to our party or will its name be skipped from our invitation list? Read our first impression to know more.
Allegedly invented in 1851 in Ireland, ginger ales are usually strong and have a robust flavor. Ginger ale can get a bit too strong and the ginger flavor might be overpowering for some. Not many people like the ginger flavor, but those who do love it, drink it as it is or use it as a mixer in alcoholic beverages. We tried and tasted Jade Forest’s Ginger Ale. Here is what we thought about it.
Did you know that modern day ginger ale was invented by John McLaughlin in 1907 in Canada? It eventually became a very popular beverage known as Canada Dry.
Cadbury Bournvita Chocolate Health Drink, 2 kg
Jade Forest Original Ginger Ale – What You Need To Know
Jade Forest Original Ginger Ale claims to have the signature sharpness of whole ginger paired with a blend of unique spices and some citrusy flavor notes. Here’s all you need to know.
From our initial review (September 2020) to the new variant, the packaging of this bottle has upgraded to a more vibrant, classy-looking label. In addition to the basic details like net quantity and product category, there are some eye-pleasing green and peach tones.
2. Main Ingredients
Carbonated water, cane sugar, deionised apple juice concentrate (10.5%), acidity regulator (INS 330), preservative (INS 202), sweetener (INS 960) are the main ingredients used in the making of this ginger ale.
Does this make for a delectable mixer? Is the sweetness balanced?
Is the gingery spice present? If yes, how dominant is it? If not, what flavors does this beverage hold?
The texture is one aspect that gives carbonated beverages an upper hand against fruit juices and other non-fizzy drinks. Crisp, refreshing, and fizzy, did Jade Forest ginger ale have these textures?
Ginger ales are typically mild amber-colored beverages. Was this visually appealing?
7. Refreshing Factor
A hot summer afternoon or ending a long week, is this refreshing enough?
8. Nutritional Facts
This is a low-calorie beverage that offers 22 kcal per 100 ml. It has 5.32 grams of carbohydrates, out of which 5 grams is sugar.
A 250 ml bottle is priced at Rs 85.
Jade Forest Original Ginger Ale – Detailed Review
|Jade Forest Original Ginger Ale||Product Details|
|Main Ingredients||Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Deionized Apple Juice Concentrate (10.5%), Acidity Regulator, Preservatives, and Sweetener.|
|Net Volume||250 ml|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
Ginger ale, as the name suggests, must primarily lend a prominent gingery flavor, whether you consume it as-is or like a mixer. Before we dive into discussing the flavor, the following are some observations about aroma, fizz, and other non-tasting parameters of our review.
This has a robust ginger aroma. We liked that the intense fizz did not reduce till the very last sip. The bold fizz combined with the flavor of ginger gives this beverage a sharp zing!
The flavor of ginger and the balanced sweetness makes for a tasty drink that you wouldn’t mind having after work or with your lunch. That being said, the citrusy ginger flavor was a bit lesser than we would have liked. This is definitely more fizzy than gingery.
- One bottle holds 250 ml of ginger ale.
- This is gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months.
- Ingredients- Carbonated water, cane sugar, deionised apple juice concentrate (10.5%), acidity regulator, preservative, and sweetener.
- The label looks very chic and classy.
- The flavor of ginger is spot-on, it isn’t too subtle or strong.
- We liked the well-rounded sweetness.
- All flavors (sour, citrusy, sweet, peppery) were in sync.
- One serving offers around 60 kcal which is a plus!
- This beverage retains its fizz for quite a long time.
Best Suited For
This ginger ale is ideal if you’re looking for a refreshing carbonated beverage that isn’t orange or cola-flavored. Alternatively, this makes for a quite decent mixer.
Pro Tip – Add a heaped teaspoon of instant coffee to chilled ginger ale and a few ice cubes- you’ll regret not trying this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Jade Forest original ginger ale.
1. Does it contain any additional sweeteners?
Yes, this is sweetened with cane sugar, deionised apple juice concentrate, and INS 960.
2. Is there any alcohol content in this Ginger Ale?
No, this does not contain any alcohol.
3. At what time of the day can this Ginger Ale be consumed?
This is an all-day drink that can be consumed as it is or as a mixer.
4. Can this Ginger Ale be consumed by children under 8 years of age?
The fizz of ginger ale is overpowering and has citrus notes of ginger. It’s not something that kids might enjoy.
5. What is the shelf life of this Ginger Ale?
It has a 12-month shelf life from the date of manufacture.
High on fizz, low in calories, Jade Forest ginger ale is a great alternative to sugar-loaded carbonated beverages.
Cocktails or mocktails, this would make for a tasty, CRISPY low-calorie mixer.
More Fizzy Beverages We Reviewed
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.