A Detailed Discussion About kettles and How To Boil Eggs In The Kettle
This article contains all the details about electric kettles and how to boil eggs in the kettle step by step. It also points out why an electric kettle is the best appliance for boiling an egg.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Everyone loves food. It keeps us healthy and fit. Different kitchen appliances make the cooking process easy. Mixer and grinder, juicer, microwave, electric kettle, all are essential for a kitchen. A modular kitchen contains all these advanced appliances and provides us with the utmost comfort and swiftness.
An electric kettle is a convenient appliance of our kitchen and has a self-contained heating unit. It is used for heating water. It automatically switches off when the water reaches the boiling point. You can use electric kettles to make different things. It can be used to make tea or coffee, or you can boil egg in kettle. The next question that comes to our mind is how to make tea or coffee in an electric kettle or boil egg in kettle. Knowing how to use an electric kettle properly is very important. There are different methods of using a electric kettle. One should follow the specific steps to avoid creating any mess.
Table of Contents
How to boil eggs in kettle
Boiled eggs are very healthy for all of us. It is full of protein and nutrition. We can make different types of boiled eggs using an electric kettle. First, we should categorize different types of boiled eggs. The list is given below:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Soft boiled eggs
- Poached eggs
1. Hard-boiled egg
Hard-boiled eggs are easy to make and can be eaten on its own. They make a great breakfast and go well with salads. You can easily peel the shells and eat the boiled egg.
- Place the egg at the bottom of the kettle.
- Add cold water. The water should be filled up to 1 or 2 inches above the egg.
- Turn the heat on.
- Turn off the heat when the water is bubbling.
- You can add a bit of salt to protect the egg from cracking.
- Keep the egg in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Next, take the egg out from the kettle.
- Then put the egg in cold water.
- Peel the shells and it is ready for eating.
- You can also keep the hard-boiled egg in the refrigerator for days and eat later when you need an instant protein boost.
2. Soft-boiled egg
Soft boiled eggs take lesser time to boil in a kettle compared to hard-boiled eggs. They are usually served in egg cups. Though you can eat soft boiled eggs on their own, they are more popular as a dip for toasts.
- Put the egg in the kettle.
- Fill water 1 or 2 inches above the egg.
- Heat the kettle.
- When the water is completely boiled, turn off the heat.
- Keep the egg in the water for two to three minutes.
- Transfer the boiled egg to a different dish filled with cold water.
- Next, you have to place the smaller end of the egg upward and gently crack the shell a bit at the top.
- You can scoop the insides with a spoon or you can dip your toast directly inside.
3. Poached egg
Poached eggs are usually served on toasts. They have a different taste and look very tasty. You need vinegar to make poached eggs.
- Fill the kettle 2 inches with water.
- Add one teaspoon of vinegar in the water and heat the water slightly. Do not boil it.
- Break the egg carefully and put it into a cup.
- Stir the egg gently.
- Slide the egg into the warm water
- Boil it.
- If you want a firm yolk, boil it for 4 minutes
- If you want a runny yolk, boil the water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the boiled egg with a spoon and place it on a paper towel. Thus the extra water will get soaked.
- Poached eggs should be served immediately to enjoy its original taste.
So, these are the detailed steps of boiling an egg with a kettle and make different boiled egg recipes.
Tips and Tricks on How to boil eggs in the kettle
Some tips can be useful if you do not know how to boil eggs in kettle. There are chances that you will end up having a cracked and messed up egg if you do not know the boiling process. So, things you should keep in mind while boiling an egg using a kettle are:
- Avoid using a kettle that has an exposed heating coil. Eggs will crack if they touch the hot coils.
- Use cold water after the eggs are boiled. It stops the eggs from cracking.
- If you want a soft-boiled egg or half-boiled egg, keep it in the hot water until the bubbles stop forming.
- If you want a hard-boiled egg, boil the water one, and then boil it again for two to three times for a better result.
- Add a bit of salt to the water to keep the eggs from breaking.
So, these are some of the tips that can be very helpful when you are using a kettle for boiling eggs.
Why is an electric kettle best for boiling eggs?
Electric kettles work great when you use them for boiling eggs. All the reasons are mentioned below:
1. Energy efficient
Electric kettles save energy compared to electric stoves or other appliances. They heat the water very fast which saves a significant amount of power.
The electric kettle boils the water very fast compared to any pot, even those with lids. So, cooking takes lesser time.
With open pots, we can burn ourselves if we are not careful. Kettles are fully covered, so there are no chances of getting burnt. Thus, kettles are safe for everyone to use.
Eggs get cracked if there is a lot of space in the container. Kettles have the perfect shape for eggs to boil well.
Frequently Asked Questions
After a long detailed article, we answered a few interesting FAQs about “how to boil an egg in the kettles” asked by our readers.
1. Is it safe to boil eggs in an electric kettle?
It is safe to boil eggs in a multipurpose electric kettle. But here are some tips you need to follow to avoid any messy situation.
- Add salt to the water to avoid eggs from breaking.
- Choose the kettle which does not have an exposed heating coil. As eggs crack when it touches the hot coils.
- Add cold water, once the eggs are boiled. This will stop eggs from further cracking.
2. Can you make hard-boiled eggs in an electric kettle?
To make hard-boiled eggs in an electric kettle, follow these steps.
- Place eggs at the bottom of the kettle.
- Fill 1 to 2 inches of cold water above the egg in the kettle.
- Turn on the Kettle, let the water come to a boil.
- Add salt to it.
- Once the water bubbles, turn off the heat.
- Keep the eggs in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove the eggs and place them carefully in the cool water.
- Now, peel out the shells, and it is ready to eat.
3. How much time does it take to boil eggs in an electric kettle?
To get perfect hard-boiled eggs, it will take 15 minutes in an electric kettle. For a soft-boiled egg, it takes approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
You can also cook a poached egg in an electric kettle by adding one tsp vinegar to the water. It takes about 2 to 4 minutes. Getting A firm yolk takes 4 minutes, and a runny yolk takes 2 minutes.
4. Which is the best electric kettle for boiling eggs?
To boil eggs in the kettle, you must go for multipurpose kettles. We curated the five best multipurpose electric kettles.
- Philips HD9306/06 1.5 L Electric Kettle
- Orpat OEK – 8137 1350 W Cordless Kettle
- Kitchoff WDF Automatic Electric Multipurpose Kettle
- Butterfly EKN 1.5 L Electric Kettle
- Kent 16023 1500 W Electric Kettle
This guide explained how to cook egg in electric kettles in India. Also mentioned why one can boil egg in kettle and mentioned brand of electric kettle in India. Thus, after understanding how to boil eggs in kettle, we can say that using a kettle to boil an egg is the best option. It is safe, fast, and saves energy.
Let us know in the comment section, how was your experience of boiling eggs in the electric kettles.