How to Make Peanut Butter: Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
Yes, you can do it! No, it’s not tough at all. Don’t be shocked when you see the list of ingredients to make peanut butter at home.
When you read the ingredient list of how to make peanut butter at home, you may think of it as unreal, but it isn’t. Making peanut butter at home is so ridiculously simple that we checked it online at least 5 more times, just to be sure if we weren’t making a fool of ourselves. Are you ready to hear the list of ingredients? Are you sure? Here it is – Peanuts. That’s all. Tada. Fin.
Yes, we were as astonished as you are right now! As the lockdown period has increased, and getting a hold of fancy things like peanut butter seems a little tough, you can just grab some roasted unsalted peanuts and make your own jar of peanut butter. Yes, you can add anything to it to increase the flavor or change the texture, but if you are looking for an unadulterated peanut-y delight, we suggest you remain loyal to the peanuts only.
Recipe – Creamy Peanut Butter At Home
Dlecta Feta Cheese, 100 g₹106.00
Ingredients To Make Peanut Butter
Note – In case you want a coarse no-additives peanut butter, just whizzing roasted peanuts in a mixer for 4-5 minutes will produce desirable results. In case you want the market-like creamy texture, follow the ingredient list below. Homemade peanut butter will have a rougher texture in comparison to the store-bought ones.
|Roasted Peanuts||2 Cups|
|Vegetable Oil||2-3 Tbsp|
|Sugar or honey||2 Tbsp|
1) In a mixer add a cup of peanuts and whizz for 4-5 minutes or till the peanuts have formed a thick coarse paste. Don’t get disheartened by the look of it. It will get smoother.
2) Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or peanut oil. Blend again.
3) Add powdered sugar or honey and a pinch of salt. Blend till it forms a smooth paste.
4) Store in a clean and dry container. Refrigerate. You can store it for about 2-3 weeks.
Confused? Which peanut butter to buy?
These peanut butter brands are best in the market.
What Can You Add To Your Peanut Butter?
You can add the following things in your peanut butter to bump up the flavor according to your liking –
1. Cinnamon powder
Add about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to your peanut butter for that lovely aromatic kick.
2. Cocoa powder
If you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, adding. tablespoon of cocoa powder does the trick.
3. Chocolate chips
Add a handful of chocolate chips to the peanut butter once it is ready and use it to spread on toast
Needless to say, the kids (and adults) will love it.
5. Vanilla essence
Add 2-3 drops of vanilla essence while making the peanut butter, especially if you use peanut butter to make desserts.
Give your peanut butter some healthy sweetness by adding jaggery instead of white sugar.
Add 2-3 small pieces of coconut to the peanut butter if you love the combination of coconut and peanut butter.
8. Dark chocolate
This is a must add to your jar of peanut butter if you love dark chocolate.
Tips To Keep In Mind For Making Peanut Butter At Home
- Do not use pungent oils like mustard oil or coconut oil while making peanut butter. This will alter the taste completely. Use neutral-flavored oils.
- Avoid using salted peanuts. In case you are using salted peanuts, do not add extra from the top.
- Make sure your blender/ food processor/ mixie is odor-free, clean and dry.
- If you are using un-roasted raw peanuts, make sure you roast them first to enhance the flavor. Raw, unroasted peanuts will NOT yield a tasty outcome. Roasting the peanuts also helps in producing more oils in the peanuts, which will in turn help to make smooth and creamy peanut butter.
- You can add any other nuts to the blender like almonds, hazelnuts or pistachios for a nut-butter.
- If you want to make chunky peanut butter, keep some roasted peanuts aside. Chop them. Add it to the peanut butter when fully ready and pulse it a few times to incorporate it evenly throughout the mix. Store in a jar.
We reviewed Yoga Bar 100% pure peanut butter. Read on to what we concluded.
5 Things You Can Make With Peanut Butter
1. Peanut Butter Cookies
Sweet or borderline savory, a batch of freshly made peanut butter cookies are heavenly. Need we say more? Dunk in a glass of milk or enjoy with your evening coffee.
2. Peanut Butter Dip
Add chocolate chips, yogurt, and peanut butter to make a rich dip that is a big hit amongst the kids. Perfect for a play date or a kiddy party, serve peanut butter dip with apples, wafers or sweet crackers.
3. Peanut Butter And Chocolate Cake
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is eternal. Bake a cake with a gooey chocolate center and a decadent peanut butter crumb.
4. Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Making ice cream at home has become a new trend and if you have some peanut butter, who’s stopping you from making some PB ice cream at home.
5. Thai Satay Sauce With Peanut Butter
Peanut butter with brown sugar, garlic, and lime juice makes for an excellent peanut sauce. Serve with chicken, paneer, tofu or veggie satay.
If you tried your hand at making peanut butter at home, let us know in the comment box below. We would love to hear about the results!
Crunchy, creamy, sweetened, unsweetened, natural or flavored. We get confused when walking down the supermarket aisle. There are too many options!
Are we right? Growing up there were just two variants of peanut butter – Chunky or Creamy. These were available by just one or two brands. Now, there are over 15-20 brands doing different variants that we can choose from, it’s confusing! So we did a MASSIVE review on peanut butter, which you must read before you buy your jar from the market.
About The Author
Nishtha Asrani Sethi, born and brought up in Delhi, is a content writer who has previously worked with NDTV and Resolver. Her roots are deep within the food industry, thanks to her family business and a keen interest in contemporary food products. Nishtha loves to serve her articles with a side of humor. Her Bachelor’s degree in Home Science comes in handy while researching the science behind the food. When she is not trying to win a battle of fries vs fruit with her daughter, she is busy experimenting with her huge joint family with crazy recipes.