Fun Flips Potato Chips Review – We Tried Four Variants
Fun Flips Potato Chips are well-coated with masala and have a crunchy texture. Out of the four variants we tried, we loved one more than the others. Find out which one you should try.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Over the years, the demand for ready-to-eat packaged foods has increased by leaps and bounds. The colorful, attractive packaging and the convenience they provide have driven masses to try these. Potato chips are one of the most loved products in this section. They are available in flavors like masala, sour cream & onion, tomato, and salted.
Apart from the light masala puffs Fun Flips is popular for, they have also introduced potato chips. We recently reviewed four flavors of the Fun Flips Chips range – Tangy Tomato, Cream Onion, Mix Masala, and Classic Salted. Below is our Fun Flips Potato Chips review highlighting their flavor profiles, price, packaging, and shelf life.
Table of Contents
Fun Flips Potato Chips -Variants We Tried
Fun Flips Potato Chips – Everything You Need To Know
Starting with our review process, the first section highlights a few points that you must know about the Fun Flips Potato Chips. This includes the available flavors, available quantities, packaging, price and the shelf life.
1. Available Flavors
The Fun Flips Potato Chips come in 5 different flavors. The following are the flavors available –
- Tangy Tomato
- Classic Salted
- Cream Onion
- Mix Masala
- Pudina Punch
2. Available Quantities
These chips come in four standard sizes. It is available in packs of Rs.2, Rs. 5, Rs. 10 and Rs. 20.
These chips come packaged in different and attractive colors. Each variant has a different color of packet that closely resembles the flavor of the chips. For instance, tangy tomato flavor has a red color packaging, pudina punch has a green color packaging. The packs are not resealable.
4. Price Range
The price range for the Fun Flips Potato Chips ranges from Rs. 2 to Rs. 20.
5. Shelf Life
These chips come with a shelf life of 4 months.
Fun Flips Potato Chips – Our Review Factors
We reviewed the Fun Flips Potato Chips on different parameters including appearance, texture and how these packaged chips taste.
Chips that score well on this parameter seem to have won half the battle, because who wants a bag of broken chips? We checked how visually appealing these chips look and how well the masala covered the chips. Are the chips intact or are there too many broken pieces?
The hero of the entire review process is the taste. We examine the levels of salt, spiciness and use of oil. Are these chips too oily? Are the salt levels well balanced? Spices, tang, sweetness, or all of the above? Any prominent taste of a particular seasoning?
Do the flavors mentioned on the bag, deliver taste-wise?
An important factor while reviewing potato chips – crunch! The whole experience of indulging in packaged chips will be a fail if they aren’t crunchy.
The perfect crunchiness of packaged chips is a sign that these are well fried, packed and stored.
4. Freshness and Quality
Freshness and quality are the other two factors that we took into account for our review process. How fresh did these chips taste? Is it fried in good quality oil? Does it taste, feel or look too oily?
Fun Flips Potato Chips Flavors- Detailed Review
|55 gm (44+11gm)
|573.24 Kcal per 100 gms
|570.05 Kcal (per 100 gms)
|570.02 Kcal per 100 gms
|589.78 Kcal per 100 gms
1. Tangy Tomato
Tangy Tomato was the first variant that we reviewed. Our review includes two stages : Dry inspection and the taste test. This flavor comes in a red color packaging. We reviewed the 58 gm pack which was priced at Rs. 20.
During the dry inspection stage, we noticed that the color of these chips is orangey-red. We loved the fact that none of the pieces were broken. These chips are neither too big nor small in size. The masala coats the chips evenly.
We loved this variant better than the others for its delicious sweet-tangy flavor. This variant was not spicy and had a well-balanced seasoning. The tomato flavor in these chips is spot on.
- The 58 gm pack of this variant is available for INR 20.
- The pack is not resealable.
- The shelf life of this product is 4 months from the date of manufacturing.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- The seasoning is well balanced.
- The tomato flavor is spot on.
- It has a perfect blend of sweet and tangy taste.
- All the chips are well coated with the masalas.
Best Suited For
These chips are best suited for tea-time munching or for light snacking in between meals. If you have a low spice tolerance level, we recommend you to try this variant.
2. Cream & Onion
The second variant that we tried was the Cream & Onion flavor. We picked the 55 gm pack of this variant which is available for Rs. 20.
The green color packaging of this variant is eye-catching. On opening the pack, we observed that all the chips were intact and had an off-white color with tiny bits of green parsley on top.
Coming to taste! We found the flavor of cheese to be quite dominant and comparatively the onion flavor was on the lower side. The crunch is bold.
- The MRP of this 55 gm pack is INR 20.
- The product is best before 4 months from the date of manufacture
- Potatoes, Edible Vegetable Oil, onion powder, sugar, parsley powder, milk solids (milk solids, cheese powder) are a few ingredients used.
- It comes in a bright green pack.
- The crunchiness of these chips is spot on.
- There is a dominant flavor of cheese in these chips.
- The tiny bits of parsley is adding a nice flavor
- The flavor of the onion is on the lower side.
Best Suited For
Love the flavor of cheese in chips? Then you must give the Cream & Onion flavor from the Fun Flips Chips range a try. This variant would be lovely with a batch of hung curd dip.
3. Mix Masala
The Mix Masala variant comes in a blue color packaging. The MRP of the 58 g pack is INR 20. Upon opening the pack, the aroma of dry mango powder was quite prominent. Appearance wise, most of the chips were unbroken and the masala coated the chips well. When it comes to taste, the flavor of dry mango powder was the first thing that we noticed.
The level of spiciness is on the lower side, unlike other masala chips we have tried. The dry mango powder adds a tangy flavor to these chips. The seasoning is well balanced. We loved how perfectly crunchy these chips are.
- These chips come in a blue color packaging. It is not a resealable pack.
- The 58 gm comes for a price of INR 20.
- The shelf life is 4 months before the date of manufacture.
- Some of the ingredients used here include – potatoes, edible vegetable oil, spices & condiments (red chilli, dried onion flakes, dried garlic, cumin, dried mango slice, clove, coriander seeds, dried ginger, fennel seeds, big cardamom) and iodized salt.
- The salt levels are well balanced.
- The crunchiness of these chips is spot on.
- The masala was well coated on these chips.
- The spice-intensity these masala chips are known for was less.
4. Classic Salted
Classic Salted was the last variant that we tried from the range of Fun Flips Chips. Priced at INR 20 for a 58 gm pack.
When it comes to reviewing the Classic salted flavor, the most important factor that must be considered is the salt levels. These chips are off-white in color and are neither too big nor small in size.
Among the three other flavors that we reviewed, this variant was devoid of added flavors and acidity regulators. The salt level is neither high nor low. It is well seasoned with salt. This variant too had a perfect crunch similar to the other flavors.
These salted chips are best suited for your dipping platters and to be served alongside homemade burgers and sandwiches.
- The net weight of these chips is 58 gm and is priced at Rs 20/-.
- It comes in a bright yellow color packaging.
- The ingredients include – Potatoes, edible vegetable oil (palmolein oil) and iodized salt (1.8%)
- It has a shelf life of 4 months.
- It contains no added flavors and acidity regulators.
- These chips are perfectly crunchy.
- The salt level was balanced.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Among the 4 flavors that we reviewed from the Fun Flips Chips range, the Tangy Tomato flavor was our absolute favorite. The crunchy texture, balanced tomato flavor, and mix of sweet and sour taste made this variant a winner in our taste test.
The other 3 variants that we reviewed had a well balanced seasoning and were extremely crunchy. These ready to eat chips provide the convenience of quick snacking and come in a travel-friendly pack.
All the variants of the Fun Flips Potato Chips have a crunchy texture. We loved the Tangy Tomato flavor more compared to the other 3 flavors. All the variants had a well balanced seasoning and were well coated with the masalas.
Which is your favorite flavor from the above list? Let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Fun Flips Potato Chips.
1. Are these potato chips healthy?
These potato chips are fried and include ingredients that might not be particularly labeled as healthy.
2. Are these potato chips very spicy?
No. The masala variant of Fun Flips is not extremely spicy. It has a medium masala-intensity.
3. Can these potato chips be consumed by children under 8 years of age?
Consumption of packaged food should be limited, no matter what the age. There is no substitute for fresh, homemade food. We recommend giving these to children in moderation.
4. Will these potato chips remain as fresh as they are after unpacking?
After opening the pack, it is best to consume the chips immediately. As keeping the pack open for a long time will affect the overall texture of the chips. If not consumed immediately, make sure you seal them well.
5. What is the manufacturing date of these potato chips?
Each of these variants have a different manufacturing date.
- Tangy Tomato – 07/07/2021
- Cream & Onion – 31/07/2021
- Mix Masala – 05/07/2021
- Classic Salted – 29/07/2021
Related Reviews - Crunchy Munchies!
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.