Tops Eggless Chocolate Cake Mix: #FirstImpressions
Tops New Cake Mix is 100% vegetarian and just requires some milk, oil or butter. We pressure-cooked the cake mix for 35 minutes. The outcome was quite impressive. Read on to know more…
Cake mixes are a much convenient way of having a popular baked delicacy that also has that homely essence. Tops’ Eggless Chocolate Cake mix offers to its users a quick and convenient way to create a homestyle dessert in very few steps and with the help of easily available ingredients.
For this edition on our quick reviews. We bought a pack of Tops’ Cake Mix Chocolate to try it ourselves.
Top Eggless Chocolate Cake Mix – What You Need To Know
Looking for cake premixes? Look no further.
Read here all the needed information about the Tops eggless chocolate cake mix, before buying one for you.
ITC Master Chef Chicken Seekh Kebab, 500 g |Non-Veg Frozen Snack| Ready to Cook
Tops Eggless Chocolate Cake Mix
|Calories||362 Kcal per 100 grams|
|Main Ingredients||Sugar, wheat flour, milk solids and cocoa powder|
|Shelf Life||Best before 12 months from the date of manufacture|
|Contains||Added flavor and artificial flavoring substances, has permitted natural color|
|Preparation Time||Can be prepared in 30 – 35 minutes|
|Allergen Information||Contains gluten and milk products|
We tasted and reviewed Weikfield’s eggless cooker cake mix. Here’s what we concluded.
FirstImpressions Of Top Eggless Chocolate Cake Mix
We feel that cake mixes are fabulous when it comes to ease of cooking, convenience and give you a chance to be as creative with desserts as possible! Who said that you need to stop at the cakes these mixes are used to bake?
These fool-proof cake mixes are great when you are trying to create a more complicated dessert, say a layered cake, or a pudding with fruits, custard, etc. For our trial of this product, we decided to add an egg to the cake mix, this was an optional ingredient in an otherwise eggless mix.
1. Method Of Preparation
*as per information on the pack.
- Mix 150 ml of milk and 70 g butter or veg oil in the bowl.
- Add the cake powder to the mix and stir well with a wooden spoon until the batter becomes smooth.
- Grease the insides of the baking pan with oil or butter and sprinkle with wheat flour.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
2. The Outcome
We pressure-cooked the cake mix for 35 minutes. The outcome was quite impressive.
3. Taste and Aroma
The cake came out soft, and light. It looks quite spongy and smells good too. There is no eggy smell or aroma. We like that it is not overly sweet. This enables you to use the mix to create cakes that you can do much more too.
Make an easy peasy cake at home with Pillsbury cooker chocolate cake mix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have answered a few interesting FAQs asked by our readers.
1. Can we use milk instead of water in the chocolate cake mix?
Yes. Even the pack of Tops eggless chocolate cake mix mentions adding milk. Mix 150 ml of milk and 70 g of melted butter or vegetable oil to the dry mix of 250 g.
2. How do we make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
A small change in the cake batter can make it taste delicious. Add one or more eggs to the batter to make it moist and soft. Instead of vegetable oil, add melted butter to it. Also, you can replace water with whole milk to give it a rich creamy taste.
3. What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
A Tops chocolate cake mix is eggless. By adding one egg, the outcome of the chocolate cake will be more soft, moist and spongy.
4. How can I make a packet of chocolate cake mix better?
To make a perfect chocolate cake batter from the packet dry mix, add the melted butter and whole milk to it. Also, you can add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter, to get the crunchy bites.
Once the cake base is ready, sprinkle dry powdered sugar or drizzle some chocolate syrup.
5. Can I use melted butter instead of oil?
Yes, melted butter or unsalted melted butter is a good replacement for vegetable oil in a cake batter. If you are adding 150 ml of milk to the dry mix of 250 g Tops eggless chocolate cake mix, add 70 grams of melted butter.
The Tops eggless chocolate cake came out soft and spongy with no extra sweetness. You can use it as a base in your other cake recipe or just dust a little powdered sugar, add a slather of chocolate syrup, or decorate it with tiny pieces of chocolate; there’s no end to how creative you can get with a soft, spongy cake like this.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.