Weikfield’s Chocolate Cooker Cake Mix: #FirstImpressions
Weikfield has a product that’ll help you prepare an eggless cake at the comfort of your home without the use of an oven. How neat is that? Let’s take a look at our first impression of Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate).
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Nothing should prevent you from having a cake! Whether it is an occasion or not, whether you have an oven or not, a chocolate cake is something that’ll give a cheerful twist to your day anyway. Cooker Cake mixes are convenient options for those who may not be very adept at baking. Brands such as Weikfield and Pillsbury offer a range of ready to cook cake mixes that make it very simple and quick. With the festive season in mind, we are checking out a whole lot of winter and festival specials in the Mishry review lab these days.
This year, at Mishry we are looking at reasonable gifting & festive specials that you can even buy in bigger numbers, or add to customized hampers to bring a festive appeal to your dining. Our recommendations are authentic; as always, we experience (try/fry/taste) the products ourselves, at our review lab, before making any recommendations to you.
Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) is a part of Weikfield’s larger range of cake pre-mixes, with some eggless options as well. This one too contains no eggs. The cake cooker mix essentially means that you can prepare a simple chocolate cake at the comfort of your home even if you don’t own an oven. Let’s see if this product has all the necessary qualities of a perfect cake.
Table of Contents
Weikfield’s Chocolate Cooker Cake Mix – What You Need To Know
Read here all the needed information about the Weikfield chocolate cooker cake mix, before buying one for you.
Weikfield Cooker Chocolate Cake Mix
|Calories||101 Kcal per serving|
|Main Ingredients||Sugar, refined wheat flour, cocoa solids, milk solids and edible palmolein oil|
|Shelf Life||Best before 9 months|
|Contains||Contains both natural and artificial flavors (chocolate and vanilla)|
|Food Preference||100% vegetarian – eggless|
|Allergen Information||Gluten and milk solids|
An easy peasy way to make a chocolate cake. Try this Pillsbury’s eggless chocolate cooker cake mix.
FirstImpressions Of Weikfield’s Chocolate Cooker Cake Mix
Here’s everything about Weikfield’s chocolate cooker cake mix from how to make it to the packaging and taste of the product.
1. Price and packaging
The Weikfield’s Eggless Cooker Chocolate Cake Mix comes in orange and red box packaging. A 175 gram of this cake mix is priced at Rs 95/-.
2. What We Need
The method of preparation for this cooker cake is given at the back of the packaging and it involves four basic steps. However, we should first look into the various things that you’ll require.
- A Pressure cooker (minimum 3L)
- 1 tbsp oil.
- 100ml of milk.
3. How We Made It
We made it exactly the way it’s mentioned on the packaging for the perfect moist and soft cake.
- Place the pan inside the cooker and fill the cooker with water up to 3 cm high from the bottom.
- Start heating the cooker and sprinkle oil and wheat flour in the pan.
- Mix oil, milk, and cake powder separately in a vessel and beat for 3 minutes until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour the batter into the cooker pan and close the lid without whistle for 30 minutes.
- Open the lid and allow the steam to escape. The cake is now baked and can be removed from the pan.
4. The Outcome
We followed the instructions on the pack and the cake came out really good in our test kitchen. It was moist and soft. Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) cooked really well. You could cut well-defined slices from the cake without any crumbly bits falling off, or unnecessary wastage.
The best use of Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) is as a base for another dessert. By itself, the cake may seem less sweet to kids. But if you are using the cake for making trifle puddings, slicing it horizontally and adding whipped cream, or even sprinkling it with some castor sugar on top, then it would work really well.
We tasted and reviewed Tops eggless chocolate cake mix. Here’s what we concluded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have answered most asked FAQs about Weikfield’s cooker cake mix. Have a look!
1. How much time does it take to bake a cake in the cooker?
It takes around 30 to 40 minutes to bake a cake in the cooker. The time also depends on your batter consistency.
2. Can we bake a cooker cake mix in the microwave?
Yes. A cooker cake mix can be baked in the microwave. Once the batter is ready, put the batter in the microwave oven in the convection mode for about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. What can I use instead of salt for baking?
A pinch of salt is added to the batter so that the taste of cake does not taste bland. But you can skip adding salt if you want. Also, you can replace the salt with lemon juice.
4. Is the Weikfield cake mix good?
Weikfield’s chocolate cake mix was good. The cake came out perfectly moist and soft. The sweetness was just up to the mark, not oversweet. But if you have a sweet tooth and prefer sweet cake, you can add more powdered sugar to it.
Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) does well on many counts. It’s reasonably priced, gives very clear instructions that are easy to follow, and you don’t need too many ingredients to make this cake. Oil and milk are things you would ordinarily have in your kitchen anyway, so having a cake mix like this in your pantry makes it convenient to make this cake on short notice.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.