Top 18 Most Popular Dairy Products in India – Mishry (2023)
We bring to you the list of dairy products in India that we have reviewed so far. From lassi and paneer to milkshakes. We have got it all!
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Indians have an immense love for dairy products and it has a huge range throughout the country. From different milk brands to yogurt, cheese, butter, milkshakes, paneer, and even packaged mishti dois, the list of dairy products in India is long. All dairy products are widely consumed across the country and have been a part of important festivals, or even as a part of daily diet.
The dairy industry in India has grown two-folds and promises to introduce new dairy products in the market. Here is a list of dairy products in India we have reviewed to make your grocery shopping a tad bit more convenient. Also, this list has quite a few low fat dairy products and healthy dairy products that you might love. Choose the best, always!
Summary Table: Best Dairy Brands In India
Below is the table from which you can get information about popular dairy products in India.
The List of Dairy Products in India
Here is a list of dairy products in India we have tried and reviewed. There is a wide range of flavor and taste to choose from.
Note: This list of dairy products in India is now going to be mouth-watering!
1. Mother Dairy Lassi – Tastiest Lassi
In our list of dairy products, lassi comes first. Lassi is a sweetened yogurt-based drink that has a thicker consistency than chaas.
- It is a perfect yogurt-based beverage for the hot sweltering summers.
- The Mother Dairy Lassi comes in a 200 ml bottle packing and is priced at Rs 20/-.
For our review we took two major brands of packaged lassi available easily throughout the country – Amul and Mother Dairy. Even though Amul was nice and had a rose flavor, Mother Dairy Lassi had a creamier consistency. Not only that it’s shelf life s for 15 days, which means lesser preservatives.
2. Amul Premium Dahi – Creamiest Packaged Dahi
A summer lunch without a bowl of dahi? No way! There is no way that the list of dairy products in India can be complete without the addition of dahi.
- Dahi or curd is a delicious and healthy addition to your meal.
- Turn it into fresh cucumber raita or into a garlicky dip, dahi is a daily essential in every household.
- Packaged dahi is convenient and there is never a problem of setting it perfectly.
In our review of the best-packaged dahi to buy, Amul Premium Dahi won. The Amul Dahi is seriously creamy. There was no whey on top, the dahi was exceptionally well-set, it was rich and got top scores in our taste-test too. A 400-gram cup is priced at Rs 50/-. From the other contenders, Nestle was our top flavor pick and Patanjali packaged dahi was our value for money pick.
If you set your curd at home, here are some tips and tricks to set the curd at home perfectly.
3. Mother Dairy Fresh Paneer – Creamiest And Tastiest Paneer
In our list of dairy products in India, Paneer is a staple in every Indian’s diet, especially if you are a vegetarian. You can use this protein-rich ingredient to make quick and easy snacks, interesting starters for a party, and also create yummy main course dishes for dinner at home. Here are 30 cool ways to use this versatile ingredient. In our review to find the best creamiest and tastiest paneer brand, we picked out 6 popular brands that are easily available at several locations across Delhi-NCR. Most of them are also available online. In our review, Mother Dairy Paneer emerged victorious. It has a sweet milky smell along with a fresh, natural taste. Moreover, it retains its moistness and taste after being cooked as well.
- Best Creamiest Paneer
- Retains moisture after being cooked
4. Mother Dairy Tadka Chach – Best Buttermilk
Chaas, chaaj, matha, or chaach. Whatever you may call it, spiced buttermilk is the perfect answer for when you need something to drink during the hot Indian summers. We reviewed 5 easily available brands of buttermilk in India and the Mother Dairy Tadka Chach won in our taste test hands down.
- We like its refreshing taste and the flavorful green chili kick at the end.
- Another plus point of this chach is that it has no added preservatives.
- It comes in an easy to hold the green bottle.
5. Amul Cheese Slices – Best Cheese Slices
We LOVE eating raw cheese slices. The sound of the plastic cover ripping open brings joy to us. Adding them to homemade sandwiches, burgers or even a desi mac and cheese can amplify its taste. We picked 4 nationally available brands of cheese slices for our review – Amul, Britannia, Mother Dairy and Go Cheese. These brands are easily available at local grocery stores and on online portals as well. After blind tasting the cheese slices individually, we narrowed it down to the top two contenders – Amul and Britannia. After the Mishry Secret Sauce test, Amul emerged as a winner. We will soon review more cheese products that you’d love.
- The Amul Cheese Slices are creamy, salty.
- The texture is just right.
- Not too pasty, neither too hard and chewy.
6. Epigamia Artisanal Mishti Doi – Tastiest Mishti Doi
Mishti Doi is a classic Bengali dessert that never fails to impress. Made with full cream boiled milk and jaggery, mishti doi is made with khejur gur (date palm jaggery). It is left to ferment overnight, and out comes the creamiest mishti doi. Many people also add cardamom powder to their mishti doi to lift the flavor. Mishti Doi is so popular that many brands have launched its packaged version and we set out to find which one is the tastiest. We reviewed 5 brands of packaged mishti doi – Milky Mist, Nestle, Gowardhan, Mother Dairy and Epigamia.
- Our Top Pick was the Epigamia Artisanal Mishti Doi for its creamy consistency and delicate flavors.
- This mishti doi comes the closest in taste to an authentic Bengali mishti doi.
7. Paper Boat Milkshakes
Most of us associate Paper Boat drinks with Indianised flavors and nostalgia. Be it the aam panna or the aam ras, paper boat has excelled taste-wise. So obviously, we were excited to taste their flavored milkshakes that are fortified with Vitamin D.
- Paperboat’s milkshakes are available in three variants – Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocolate.
- There are no added colors or preservatives.
- All the milkshakes had very distinct flavors and we loved them all.
8. Sleepy Owl Cold Coffee
Sleepy Owl is a relatively new coffee brand from India that has come up with various coffees. From cold coffees to hot and cold brew coffees, Sleepy Owl has gained a lot of popularity amongst the ardent coffee lovers. If you feel the sweetness is not enough, there is another variant, the sweetened version, which may match your taste buds. The list of dairy products in India is going to get more interesting. Read more!
- We LOVED the Sleepy owl Classic Cold Coffee for its perfectly balanced proportions of milk and water.
- You will love this product if you like your coffee strong and sugar low.
- This coffee is not for you if you like the sugar-loaded, ice cream topped cold coffees.
9. Epigamia Snack Pack – Mango Greek Yogurt with Chunky Granola
Looking for healthy snacking options? The Epigamia Snack Pack might be the answer. A 112-gram snack pack is priced at Rs 80/-. We loved it all. Have you tried this yet?
- The packaging is very convenient and perfect for that on-the-go snacking.
- From the fresh mango aroma upon opening the pack to the crunchy granola and the creamy consistency of the yogurt
This list of dairy products in India just doesn’t end here, we have more of them, keep scrolling!
10. Raw Pressery 18g Protein Milkshakes – Choco Mint
Lactose-free milkshakes! Err..what? Yes! The Protein Milkshakes by Raw Pressery are made with milk but are lactose-free.
A few years back, a lactose-free milkshake would have sounded like a mad man’s tale, but not anymore. This Mumbai based start-up claims to be ‘All good. No bad’. What we love about the Raw Pressery milkshakes are the detailed labels and the nutritional content.
- We tasted all the flavors of their 18g Protein Milkshakes – Cold Coffee, Choco Mint, and Banana + Honey.
- Our top favorite was the choco mint variant.
- The peppermint flavor in this protein milkshake freshens up your palette and has a perfect consistency.
11. Nescafé Hazelnut Coffee
Nescafe’s Hazelnut cold coffee tastes a lot like a thicker version of your homemade cold coffee.
- It is creamier and has a very pleasant nutty flavor.
- It is definitely better than your regular fizzy drinks if you are looking for something on-the-go.
12. Hershey’s Flavored Milkshakes
The milkshake market has been growing steadily, with many people finding such products as a snack replacement. Hershey’s has a range of flavors in the milkshake section and we tried two popular variants – Strawberry and Almond.
- We loved the nutty taste in the almond-flavored milkshake.
- The rich fruity strawberry flavor is unmissable in the other variant.
- So if you are looking for a simple snack solution for those evening hunger pangs for children, Hershey’s milkshakes just might do the trick.
Amul dairy products and Mother Dairy products are widely consumed across the country. We reviewed six chocobars and we couldn’t choose the best, because all of them were so good. We included Kwality Wall’s, Havmor, Amul, Mother Dairy, Cream Bell and Vadilal. They all have their own uniqueness that adds to the overall experience of eating a chocobar. So, you are spoilt for choices, pick your favorite. But do look at our review to have a clear understanding of each chocobar. Read our review of the Tastiest Chocobar In India.
- we felt the milkiness of the chocobar, and the enjoyed the chocolate coating.
- This was not only tasty but also boasts of better quality ingredients, namely milk solids and not vegetable fats!
- 100 ml of this chocobar provides 344 Kcal of energy.
14. Amul Haldi Doodh
In the times we are living in, it is important to boost our immunity in order to ensure a healthy body. Understanding this demanding situation, Amul and Mother Dairy came up with haldi doodh in cans and bottles respectively. So you know, your on-the-go option for a healthier and tastier drink is just a tiny can away. Read our review of the Tastier Haldi Doodh here.
- We love how convenient they are. Amul Haldi Doodh, our Top Pick has a strong haldi aroma, has a good ingredient list, and is very tasty.
- It has a natural haldi flavor along with mild kesar and badam aroma that is unmissable.
We listed top milk brands of India.
15. Amul Rabri
Trust us when we say this, Amul Rabri is the closest to the rabri we make at home. This product hits the right spot when it comes to flavor and consistency. Don’t forget to read our complete review of Amul Rabri here.
- It is thick, malaidar and has a very homestyle and natural taste.
- We love how its sweetness levels were balanced.
- So, if you wish to enjoy a nice homestyle rabri, go for Amul Rabri.
16. Mother Dairy Kesar Elaichi Flavored Milk
If you want to avoid fizzy drinks or heavy calorie drinks, then Mother Dairy Kesar Elaichi Flavored Milk could be your best bet amongst the other types of dairy foods or milk foods. This 180 ml glass of flavored milk is a convenient option. You can read the Mother Dairy Kesar Elaichi Flavored Milk review here.
- It is super creamy and smooth, and a subtle kesar flavor that you’d love.
- It is a perfect drink for people who are always on-the-go.
17. Britannia Winkin’ Cow Milkshakes
We love how the list of dairy products in India have so many flavored drinks, which cater to different palates. Britannia Winkin’ Cow has three flavored drinks- strawberry, mango and vanilla. You can read our complete review of Britannia Winkin’ Cow Milkshakes here.
- Made with double toned milk, these flavored milkshakes taste fresh and tasty.
- We love the vanilla flavor.
- Well-balanced sweetness and can be used to create desserts, smoothies and other vanilla-based desserts.
18. Nestle Dairy Whitener
We reviewed two most popular and widely used dairy whiteners- Nestle and Mother Dairy Whitener. Nestle Dairy Whitener is our Top Pick and why? Next time you are in a hurry, pick the Nestle Dairy Whitener to make a quick cup of tea or coffee! Read our complete review of the Creamier Dairy Whitener here.
- It makes for a creamier and thicker cup of tea.
- It dissolves in no time and has very subtle sweetness levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the popular and every day consumed dairy items are milk, curd, paneer, cheese, and buttermilk.
Curd/yogurt, paneer, cheese and milk are few of the healthiest dairy products in the world. They are rich in protein and vitamins.
Dairy products are a healthy source of protein, vitamins and minerals. If you are lactose intolerant, then you should completely avoid dairy products.
To maintain good health, consume dairy products in moderation.
The Food and Beverage industry is constantly evolving and adding new innovations to the shelves and list of dairy products is ever-growing. We will keep on updating this list as and when we try more products. Till then, here is our list of dairy products in India that we have reviewed and liked so far: Amul Premium Dahi, Epigamia Mishti Doi, Nestle Dairy Whitener.