Farmlite Veda Digestive Biscuits Review
Crispy and fibrous, do Sunfeast Farmlite Veda digestive biscuits work well with a cup of masala chai?
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Table of Contents
It’s not everyday we come across packaged cookies or biscuits that use Indian herbs and spices. Which is why this Sunfeast Farmlite variant made using five natural ingredients caught our attention. ‘Calories’, ‘protein’, ‘superfoods’ are a few of the many hackneyed words we’ve been hearing around. Herbs, spices, and wholegrains are nutritious powerhouses. Does this mean these cookies are healthy too?
In our Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive biscuit review, we take a look at the ingredient list. What percentage of the natural ingredients is used? Are these cookies tasty enough to keep the 4 pm cravings at bay? What about the texture? Let’s have a look at how these digestive biscuits fared on our rating scale.
Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive Biscuit – Everything You Need To Know
Dunking a crisp biscuit in a cup of warm tea is one of the simplest pleasures of life. Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive biscuits boasts of using natural ingredients like ashwagandha, cardamom, mulethi, ginger, and tulsi. They also contain some proportion of whole wheat. So how would a herb-loaded biscuit taste? Let’s find out!
Refined wheat flour, wheat flour, refined palm oil, sugar, wheat bran, liquid glucose, maltodextrin, wheat fibre, milk solids, iodized salt, malt extract, ginger, cardamom, mulethi, ginger, and tulsi are some of the ingredients used.
No more than 0.1 g of each extract has been added.
We tasted multiple elements in one bite. These cookies are delicately sweet. Similarly, the spice extracts could be tasted but they were very subtle. Cardamom had the strongest presence in terms of taste.
3. Texture & Colour
The color of baked goods doesn’t just depend on how well-rated the appliance is. It also depends on the ingredients used to make the dough, the proportion and quality of said ingredients. This variant of Sunfeast Farmlite biscuits looked delectable! They had the characteristic brown shade of a well-baked biscuit.
Texture-wise, these biscuits were crisp. Talking about the oiliness/greasiness, these biscuits felt somewhat dry. These weren’t buttery at all, neither on the fingers nor when we bit into them.
4. Bite or Mouth Feel
These biscuits felt fibrous. Looking at the ingredient list, we can say the wheat bran and wheat fibre bring this ‘fibrous’ bite.
5. Nutritional Information
Following is the nutritional information for these Sunfeast Farmlite biscuits as provided on the back of the pack-
Per 100 g, 459 kcal of energy which is divided as 6.7 g of protein, 61.1 g of carbohydrates (out of which 15.3 g is sugar), 20.9 g of fat.
Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive biscuit is priced at INR 20 for a 100 gm pack.
Farmlite Veda Digestive Biscuit- Detailed Review
Here is the detailed review of Sunfeast Farmlite biscuits with natural ingredients.
|Parameters||Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive Biscuits|
|Shelf Life||Nine months|
|Calories||Per 100 g- 459 kcal|
Our Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive biscuits review involved multiple cups of tea- plain and masala!
- The five natural ingredients are mentioned right at the front.
- These ingredients are ashwagandha, cardamom, mulethi, ginger, and tulsi.
- One pack (100 g) has around 12 biscuits.
- They have a shelf life of nine months.
- Out of the five, the flavor of cardamom was easily identifiable.
- The biscuits are packed in a tray which ensures no breakage.
- The biscuits are crisp and well-baked.
- These beautifully compliment plain as well as masala tea.
- We liked the mild sweetness.
- The flavors from spices were subtle but noticeable.
- We liked the fibrous and crisp mouthfeel.
Best Suited For
These biscuits bring a twist to the regular digestive biscuits with herbs and spices. These aren’t your typical buttery smooth, sugar-loaded cookies that are generally considered hyper-palatable. Mild on sweetness, subtle on the flavors of spice extracts- these biscuits can be a decent companion to your chai.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive biscuit.
1. Are Sunfeast Farmlite Veda digestive biscuits healthy?
These biscuits are made of refined flour and contain fats like palm oil and sugar in the form of liquid glucose and maltodextrin. We wouldn’t categorize them under healthy snacks. That being said, they also have a substantial content of whole wheat flour (atta), wheat bran and ingredients like ashwagandha, tulsi and mulethi. When compared to regular biscuits, these are a marginally healthier option.
2. How many calories are there in a single biscuit?
One biscuit would have approximately 35 Kcal.
3. Can children under 2 years eat this biscuit?
These biscuits contain maltodextrin and other raising agents and emulsifiers. Typically, teething snacks for kids are devoid of these ingredients.
4. Can this biscuit help me in weight loss?
Weight loss is a collective effort of a nutritious diet including foods like whole grain, fruits, and vegetables, nuts, and seeds along with a consistent exercise routine. We recommend consulting a certified nutritionist regarding weight loss friendly foods and snacks.
5. What is the average rating of this biscuit online?
These biscuits have an average rating of 4.3 on 5 stars.
There you have our review of the Sunfeast Farmlite Veda Digestive biscuits enriched with the goodness of five natural ingredients.
We liked the subtle sweetness, flavor of cardamom and the crisp, fibrous texture of the biscuits. That said, for these to be called ‘healthy’, a better substitute for fat and sugar could have been used.
Have you tried these yet? Let us know in the comment section below.
More Biscuits and Cookies Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.