By Nature Coconut Chips (Chocolate) Review
Coconut Chips (or flakes) are meant to be crunchy, with that very distinct coconutty flavor. These chips are also coated with cocoa, so let us find out how the two flavours marry.
If you are trying to change your lifestyle into a healthier one and looking for some good snacking options, coconut chips are the answer. Coconuts have high-fat content but it’s the kind of fat that is good for you. Much like coconut water, coconut chips or flakes offer a variety of health benefits. Coconut chips are now available in a variety of flavors – Natural, chocolate, caramel, and even chili. You can use coconut chips as smoothie toppers, add them to salads to increase the crunch quotient or just nibble on some when you are craving a mid-morning snack. We reviewed By Nature Coconut Chips (Chocolate) and here is our #FirstImpression. We tried the classic version earlier (By Nature Classic Coconut Chips ) and loved them.
What You Need To Know About By Nature Coconut Chips (Chocolate)
*As per information on the pack
- No added oil.
- Made in India.
- No preservatives.
- No artificial flavor.
- They are gluten-free.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- They do not have trans fats.
- These coconut chips are not fried, they are baked.
By Nature Coconut Chips (Chocolate)
These coconut chips from By Nature are baked and crunchy with a mild chocolate flavor.
MRP – Rs 40/-
*Price at the time of review
#FirstImpression Of By Nature Coconut Chips (Chocolate)
Nutritional information – Each packet is a single serving size. 30 grams (1 pack) of these coconut chips provide 226 Kcal of energy. The high calorific value indicates portion control is needed. If you are watching calories and believe in the 100 calorie snack rule, then you may not want to finish the pack in one day.
Ingredients – The product uses good quality ingredients. Only four ingredients are used to make these coconut chips – Coconuts, cocoa, a pinch of sugar and organic sea salt.
Texture – The coconut chips are thin and crispy. The pieces are uneven. They are not fried but are baked coconut chips.
The Flavor – The chocolate flavor is very subtle and is cutting the coconut flavor (which is a good thing for those who aren’t big fans of that coconutty flavor!). The chips are very crunchy. The freshness in the flavor of these chips reminds you of a freshly cut coconut. The chips are coated with cocoa uniformly, so every bite tastes the same. You get a burst of fresh coconuts in the first bite that is followed by a subtle chocolaty taste. The chips don’t taste too sweet or over salty even though there is a pinch of salt and sugar added to them.
Overall, we felt these are relatively healthy and if eaten in small portions can be an interesting snacking option.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.