Burnt Chai Pan? Here’s How To Get The Shine Back
Don’t know how to fix your favorite burnt pan? Here are some simple hacks to clean it and bring back the shine.
Kept something on the stove and forgot all about it, only to return to its burnt remains 20 minutes later? Chai pans getting burnt is a common everyday occurrence and it happens to the best of us. It’s not easy micro-managing everything – online classes, cleaning, cooking, work calls, toddler tantrums. Phew! So, it’s okay if you have burnt a pan or two. Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! How to clean burnt pan, you ask?
Now, when we talk about chai pans, we are broadly categorizing it under aluminum, hindalium and stainless steel pans. We aren’t addressing stains and oil-based burn marks from cooking. Let’s have a look at how to clean lightly and heavily burnt chai pans.
Table of Contents
For A Lightly Burnt Pan
Your pan can be lightly scorched on the bottom and can usually just be washed off with regular dish soap and scrubber. If it’s more than that, you can follow this procedure:
- Scrape the extra burnt residue and throw it in the bin.
- In the burnt pan add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 cups of water.
- Let this water boil for 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Let it cool. This should take another 10 minutes.
- Empty the water and clean with a regular dishwashing liquid and scrubber.
For A Heavily Burnt Pan
If the pan is heavily burnt and looks like you cannot save the pan, a simple home ingredient will do the trick. Detergent! Yes, you can use any detergent you use for washing your clothes to help save your burnt pan.
- Scrape off the extra burnt residue and discard it.
- Fill the burnt pan with water. The entire burnt area should be well immersed in water.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of regular clothes washing detergent.
- Cover and let this boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it simmer on slow to medium heat for the next 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Empty the contents into the sink and scrub with regular dishwashing soap and scrubber.
- Voila! Your pan is back to its original shiny self.
Some Kitchen Supplies You Will Need To Clean Your Pans
Here’s a list of the best kitchen supplies from scrubs to pan bottom gel cleaners that will effectively help clean your pans :
1. Gala Super Scrub Set
- Pack of 6
- Made of steel
2. Adtala Dish Washing Sponge Gloves
- Reusable gloves ideal for washing utensils.
- The scrubbers are made with food-grade silicone.
- Made in India.
3. Ikea Dishwashing Brush
- Set of brushes
- Assorted colors
- Size – 10″
4. Vim Dishwash Gel
- Gentle on hands
- The gel has a lemon fragrance
- Perfect for delicate cookware also
Do your chai pans looks dull and lackluster? You are now equipped to bring them back to their original shiny shelf. Tell us about how you did it!
About The Author
Nishtha Asrani Sethi, born and brought up in Delhi, is a content writer who has previously worked with NDTV and Resolver. Her roots are deep within the food industry, thanks to her family business and a keen interest in contemporary food products. Nishtha loves to serve her articles with a side of humor. Her Bachelor’s degree in Home Science comes in handy while researching the science behind the food. When she is not trying to win a battle of fries vs fruit with her daughter, she is busy experimenting with her huge joint family with crazy recipes.