Britannia Good Day Chunkies Chocolate Chips Cookies Review – Mishry
The sweet tooths of our Team relished Britannia Good Day Chunkies. Is it the taste? Texture? Chocolate chips? Find out more.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Hit that goal at the gym? Submitted a target before the deadline? Did your favorite team win a match?
Know what can make it even better? A tall glass of milk and some CHUNKY chocolate chip cookies. Nostalgic? Drooling? So was Team Mishry when reviewing this cookie from Britannia.
A go-to snack option in several Indian homes, Britannia offers an extensive range of cakes, biscuits, oats cookies, milkshakes, cheese, and so much more. A relatively newer launch- the Chunkies chocolate cookies had the kid in us jumping!
How well are these baked? What about the packaging? The quantity of chocolate chips? Crispy or crumbly? Such questions and more are answered in Mishry’s Britannia Good Day Chunkies chocolate chips cookies review.
Battle of the Brands- Find the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie with Mishry
Table of Contents
Britannia Good Day Chunkies – Everything You Need To Know
Here is all you need to know about Britannia Good Day Chunkies chocolate chips cookies.
There are two cookies in each pack. One carton holds five such packs.
In a 120-gram carton, you get 10 pieces of Britannia Good Day Chunkies chocolate chip cookies.
2. Main Ingredients
Refined Wheat Flour (Maida), Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil, Dark and White Chocolate chips, Milk Solids, Butter, Iodised Salt, Cocoa Solids, Nature Identical and Artificial Flavoring Substances- Vanilla are the ingredients used to make these cookies.
Do these cookies taste fresh? What about the chips? Typically, oil/fat stands the highest chance of turning rancid and lending an undesirable aftertaste. What was our experience with Britannia’s cookies?
The brand uses a mix of dark and white chocolate chips. Is the flavor of chocolate well-balanced or overwhelming? Is the sweetness balanced or on the higher side?
Chewy, crispy, or crumbly? What best describes the texture of Britannia chunkies? Are these loaded with chocolate chips or are they added sparingly? Is the ‘chunky’ promise delivered?
Are the cookies identical in size and thickness? Do they look well-baked?
How pronounced is the bite of these cookies? How did they fare in our Mishry Secret Sauce dunk test?
A 120-gram carton holding 10 cookies is priced at Rs 60/-.
8. Shelf Life
These cookies have a shelf life of five months.
9. Nutritional Information
Per 100 grams, Britannia Good Day Chunkies offer 507 Kcal divided as 69 grams of carbohydrates (25.5 grams of which is sugar), 6 grams of protein, and 23 grams of fat.
More Choco Chip Cookies – Here’s what we think of Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies.
Britannia Good Day Chunkies – Detailed Review
|Britannia Good Day Chunkies
One carton holds five twin packs of Britannia’s Chunkies. Full marks for packaging as it not only offers storage/carrying convenience but also retains freshness for relatively longer.
Visually, these chunkies looked chunky! The cookies are quite thick, round and look well-baked (owing to the browned surfaces). The surface has a slightly lighter shade of brown as compared to the bottom. The uneven distribution of chocolate chips makes these visually appealing. To sum up – they have a very homemade, rustic look.
In terms of texture, the cookies are crisp which speaks of the freshness. The chocolate chips, on the other hand, have a soft bite. This ties it together.
Taste-wise, the cookies showcase balanced sweetness. Salt and dark chocolate chips work together wonderfully, resulting in an overall indulgent cookie.
- A 120-gram carton is priced at Rs 60.
- It has a shelf life of five months.
- Main Ingredients- Refined Wheat Flour (Maida), Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil, Dark and White Chocolate chips, Milk Solids, Butter, Iodised Salt, Cocoa Solids, Nature Identical, and Artificial Flavoring Substances- Vanilla
- Full marks for packaging!
- These are fresh tasting.
- We liked the well-rounded sweetness.
- Taste of dark chocolate and salt is remarkable.
- The chocolate chips add a desirable but varying texture.
- It makes for a budget-friendly snack.
Best Suited For
A snack on the go? A small craving killer? Something decadent with a glass of milk or coffee? We recommend trying Britannia Good Day Chunkies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Britannia Good Day Chunkies Chocolate Chips Cookies.
1. How many cookies are there in total in one pack?
One pack holds two cookies. In a carton, there are five such packs.
2. Can these cookies be paired with tea or coffee?
Yes, these would go well with warm beverages.
3. What is the carbohydrate content of each biscuit?
One cookie would have 8-8.5 grams of carbohydrates.
4. Do these chocolate chip cookies lead to tooth decay?
A sweet overload, poor dental hygiene practices may lead to tooth decay.
5. Do these cookies contain allergens?
Yes, these cookies contain wheat, milk, soya, and oats.
Letting the camera eat first was quite a challenge for this review! Britannia Good Day Chunkies feature a nice balance of sweetness and chocolatey flavors with just the correct texture. The crisp cookies with soft chocolate chips work like a dream.
What was your favorite snack as a kid? Cereal and milk or cookies and milk?
More Yum Cookies
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.