Best Stainless Steel Cookware In India – You Should Get Now
Are you looking for the best stainless steel cookware in India? This article gives you detailed information about all the popular brands in India.
Utensils are an essential part of every kitchen. They are the containers where we cook. Hence, along with having a healthy diet, one should also keep in mind the vessel they are cooking. In this article, we are going to discuss the best stainless steel cookware in India.
Although many other options are available in the market these days, such as aluminum, nonstick, cast iron, and Teflon cookware, stainless steel is still considered the safest option in mostly a large number of households across India. One of the primary reasons for this is that people nowadays are becoming increasingly aware of the toxins released by some of the nonstick-coated cookware. This article, about the best stainless steel cookware in India, will help you choose the best cookware option available in the market.
Before we move on to discuss the brands offering the best cookware in India, let us first have a close look at why stainless steel is the best cooking utensils for health.
Advantages of using a stainless steel cookware
Some of the advantages of using stainless steel cookware are listed below.
- Stainless steel utensils are lighter than other traditionally used safe materials like iron, cast iron, and Bronze cookware.
- Unlike iron cookware, it does not impart or infuse metallic taste to food. Hence they can be used for making many dishes.
- Stainless steel utensils can be used to cook citrus dishes such as tomato sauce.
- They give a clean, shiny, and classier look to your kitchen.
- Unlike nonstick and Teflon cookware, these are sturdy and durable and can be used for many years.
- If handled with care, they can last up to many generations.
- They do not have the chance of rusting or becoming dull with time.
- They are easy to clean due to their smooth and non-porous surface.
- The cookware is dishwasher safe.
- Unlike some nonstick cookware, they are not coated with harmful toxic chemicals. Hence, you can rest assured of your food not getting contaminated with chemicals.
Disadvantages of using a stainless steel cookware
Just like every coin has two sides, stainless steel cookware, too, has some disadvantages. Although these are few compared to other cookware, let us still have a look at these.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of using stainless steel cookware is discoloration. The tools discolor automatically with time when kept on high heat.
- These are expensive compared to ceramic, nonstick, and Teflon cookware. Though cheaper versions are available in the market, you must invest the right amount of money to buy better quality stainless steel cookware.
- Another disadvantage of stainless steel cookware is that the food sticks to the surface. Since this cookware lacks a nonstick coating, oil or butter should be used to form a nonstick-like layer to prevent food from sticking to the surface.
- It distributes uneven heat. Hence, we would suggest you buy non-conductive cookware.
- An additional copper coating at the bottom of your stainless steel cookware can be a great choice.
As there are two sides to a coin, the best stainless steel cookware in India also has its advantages and disadvantages.
Amazon Solimo Triply Stainless Steel Saucepan Review
Best brands for stainless steel cookware in India
Choosing the best stainless steel cookware can be a Herculean task. They come in different grades like 302, 304, and a pair of numbers like 18/10 and 10/0, referring to the composition of chromium and nickel in the alloy. Let us look at the important roles that these metals have to play to ensure durability.
The chromium binds oxygen to the surface of the utensil and prevents it from rusting. Nickel, too, plays an important role in preventing rust. However, a high level of nickel in the cookware can be detrimental to health. Still, a deficient low level could also affect the durability of the cookware, thereby making it prone to breakage.
The 304 stainless steel utensils are the best buy since they contain chromium and nickel in 18/8 composition. This grade of stainless steel also has at least 50% less iron and less than 0.08% carbon. This makes them much more durable than regular stainless steel cookware. The best Stainless steel cookware in India always comes with a layer of copper or aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. This is done so because stainless steel is a poor conductor of electricity. The copper or aluminum makes it more conductive and durable.
It is advised that you buy stainless steel cookware with a copper core since they conduct heat far more evenly.
Since we have already talked about the advantages and disadvantages of stainless steel cookware, let us look at the best stainless steel cookware in India. Stahl, Alda, VINOD stainless steel, Bergner, and Meyer are some of the reputed steel cookware brands in India.
#1 Meyer cookware
- Meyer is an international company that owns leading cookware brands such as Faberware, Anolon, and Circulon.
- These products are made using the highest quality of Japanese steel.
- These come with an aluminum core on the inside, which renders an even distribution of heat and prevents food from burning.
- The handles of this cookware are riveted, which ensures that you can cook peacefully without worrying about their handles coming off.
- You can easily find them on Amazon and Flipkart.
#2 Bergner Cookware India
- This is originally an Austrian brand. It intends to sell European cookware in different places across the globe.
- Some popular brands owned by Bergner Cookware are MasterPro, Infinity Chefs, etc.
- Their products are induction friendly.
- You can use this cookware easily on hobs, steel, and glass-top stoves, as well as an induction cooktop.
- They are renowned for their Kadhais and frying pans.
#3 Vinod stainless steel cookware
- The brand is famous for its wide range of offerings- pressure cookers, best stainless steel Kadai, steamers, bowls, fry pans, etc.
- You can find the Vinod stainless steel cookware price list on Amazon.
#4 Stahl cookware
- They are the first brand in India to make triply cookware.
- Their detachable cookware range is super safe and super easy to offer.
- They have a wide range of products – fry pans, best Kadai, pressure cooker, wok, triply cooker, casseroles, cookware sets, etc.
- You can purchase their products online from their official website.
#5 Alda cookware
- Their stainless steel triply products are easy to clean and hygienic.
- They are multifunctional as you can use them on conventional cooking ranges and stoves, and induction cookers.
- Their stainless steel handles are riveted firmly to the cookware.
- Their products are available in a variety of sizes.
- The three-layer triply cookware is designed to prevent food from getting burnt. Food is cooked evenly since there are no hot and cold spots.
- Alda cookware reviews are good and the products are easily available on Amazon.
If you are looking for the best stainless steel cookware in India, feel free to choose from any of the brands mentioned above since their products offer durability and are sturdy and sustainable.
Hard anodized cookware
Before we proceed to discuss the best hard anodized cookware brands in India, let us first know about hard anodized cookware, its advantages, and side-effects.
What is hard anodized cookware?
Hard anodized cookware is durable, light-weight, and inexpensive cookware. These are resistant to rust, stick, and scratch. Hence these can be used to cook a variety of dishes.
Advantages of hard anodized cookware
- They are twice as hard as hard anodized cookware. Hence, these are durable and have a scratch-resistant texture.
- The hard anodizing process that is used to craft them makes them non-stick in nature.
- It is non-toxic and does not react with food.
- This cookware also heats up quickly since aluminum is a good absorber of heat. This decreases cooking time and results in an efficient cooking process.
Hard anodized side effects
- These are far more expensive than non-stick cookware. This is due to the tedious process that goes into the production of the cookware that renders high-grade quality to it.
- It is unsuitable for cooking on high heat. They are best for cooking food that requires low to medium heat.
- These products should not be cleaned in a dishwasher as it can damage the texture and properties of the cookware.
- They are not suitable to be used on induction ovens. This is because the mechanism with which it is built requires them to have a magnetic referral at the bottom.
Best hard anodized cookware brands in India
The best hard anodized cookware brands in India are listed below.
It is one of the most popular and widely used brands across India. Their hard-anodized collection is quite popular. The Future from Hawkins offers both hard-anodized as well as non-stick cookware. You can choose your desired size from the vast range of products that they have to offer.
Their wide range of cookware collection is awe-inspiring. Along with their anodized cookware, Prestige also offers regular aluminum, die-cast, and stainless steel items. Hard Anodized Plus or HA Plus is one of the best-selling products from Prestige. Their products have a 2-year warranty. The products can be used on gas stoves as well as induction ovens.
This popular brand by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, though, is comparatively new in the market, but nonetheless, it has made a permanent place in the Indian kitchens across the country. This is due to their products that meet international standards. They offer a wide range of products such as aluminum, non-stick, granite, and stainless steel. The hard-anodized wok by Wonderchef is a favorite among users.
Wonderchef uses virgin aluminum that renders assurance to the product’s quality and maintenance of our health.
This is another popular and widely known brand across India. Originally known for their food processors, their cookware is light-weight and perfect for your modern kitchen. Their hard-anodized tope sets are known for their durability and non-toxic nature. Another great reason to buy them is their affordable price and prompt customer service.
AmazonBasics under Amazon has become quite popular over the years. They sell cookware ranging from stainless steel, non-stick, and hard-anodized sets. Their hard anodized cookware can be used on both induction ovens as well as gas stoves. The products come with a 2-year warranty and prompt customer service.
Best ceramic cookware brands in India
Nonstick has become a must-have kitchen utensil in most households. This is because the food can be cooked easily without the risk of the food sticking to the surface. However, many people are now shifting to the ceramic cookware India brands since they are naturally nonstick and are not treated with additional chemicals such as PTFE and PFAS, which are present in many nonstick cookware. They can also distribute heat evenly and are best suited for slow cooking recipes.
Below you can find the best ceramic cookware India.
This colorful ceramic cookware set has the best cooking performance. It is dishwasher safe and is free of PFOA, PFTE. They have porcelain enamel exteriors and stainless steel handles.
This brand offers an extensive range of ceramic cookware ranging from fry pans to woks. They are safe, hygienic, and scratch-resistant. They are easy to clean and dishwasher-safe.
In this article, we have discussed the best stainless steel cookware in India. We have provided you with the advantages and disadvantages of stainless steel cookware and the brands offering the best stainless steel cookware in India. Along with that, we have also provided you with a list of hard anodized cookware and ceramic cookware that you can choose from. This article also lets you know about the best cookware for health and why stainless steel is a healthy and safe cookware option. It is made of natural metals and does not come with any chemical coating, preventing contamination by harmful chemicals, and lasts for a long time.