Best Floor Cleaning Mops For Home: Everything You Need To Know About The Cleaning Sticks
Cleaning mops are essential for homes, and that’s why here we are with the best floor cleaning mops for home that you can get in the market.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
No matter what kind of flooring you have, you need the most effective cleaner to ensure that the area remains hygienic and adequately sanitized. In earlier days, people used ordinary rags and water or some detergent to clean the floors, which was only exposed. However, it wasn’t effective like one used to think. Moreover, doing all these cleanings with just a rag and water required too much manual effort. That’s why cleaning companies introduced some of the best floor cleaning mops for home to reduce the efforts.
These mops are of various types and classes. Some of them are manual, while some need an electric connection or run on a battery. However, their functions remain the same- clean the floor, remove the dust and dirt, and make it look more beautiful and hygienic. Since the mops are growing in demand increasingly, we have decided to review the best mops online. Apart from that, we have also mentioned other relevant facts about the mops, starting with the design to the types, advantages, etc.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started with our much impending decision about the mop pocha.
Table of Contents
What Is The Basic Structure Of The Mop?
The structure of most of the floor cleaning mops is the same. There is a long rod that is either made of strong polymer plastic or from steel. At one end of this rod is present the main mop portion. The mop can be made of nylon strings, cotton strings, rag strings, microfibers, and so on. The structure of the brusher also differs from one mop type to the other.
The weight of the mop for cleaning floors depends on the material of both the handling rod and the brusher. The designs are made in a way where you can clean different types of floors easily. Some mops are made for cleaning all floors, while some are only for some specific flooring types.
What Are The Different Types Of Floor Mop?
To understand which the best mop in the market is, you first have to understand the different types of the object. The classification that we are going to present here will depend on the use of the mop. So, let’s see the categories before moving further!
- Dry and dust mop:
The first or the preliminary cleaning you need to do in your home is removing the dust, earth, sand, and other kinds of dirt. Now, rather than using a broomstick for doing the cleaning, one can use the dusty mop. Here, the rag is made of yarn strings or microfibers. The rods are usually made of lighter materials, like Teflon, PVC, and other kinds of polymeric plastics.
- Wet mop:
This is a kind of floor cleaning mop that will need water to clean the surfaces. This mop type is usually used to clean any fluid like oil, milk, spilled water, etc. Since after wetting the rag fibers, the mop will become heavier, the rod of the cleaner is made from heavy material like the high degree Teflon or steel.
- Pre-moist mob:
This is perhaps the most convenient mop that is used in home cleaning. You need to wet it using the water and the correct ratio of the detergent before the cleaning. After taking out the floor cleaner mop, you have to squeeze the maximum amount of water from the brushes. Once done, you can apply it on the floor surface to remove the larger particles of the dirt, which can’t be removed by the normal dust mop.
- Hot mop:
The last type of home cleaning mop, which we will discuss here, is the hot mop. Here, instead of the normal water, steam is used. There is a special mechanism inside the mop that converts the water into steam, and this steam is used for cleaning the floors.
Why You Need Regular Moping Of The Floor?
Since we are talking about the best floor cleaning mops for home, we think it would be appropriate to talk about the importance of cleaning the floors regularly in your home. Most people believe that using a mop every day is simply a waste of time and effort. This is why here we have described some of the significant benefits of floor cleaning.
- Fewer allergies:
One of the significant benefits of using the floor mop to clean the house floors every day is that you will be able to lower the probability of allergies. Many people suffer from dust allergies, pet hair allergies, pollen allergies, and so on. This is why if you are cleaning every day, the allergens won’t be present, and you and your family members can live freely in the house.
- Maintains hygiene:
It’s not only bathrooms where you need to maintain proper hygiene. This is something that should be present everywhere, even in areas that you are not accessing daily. For this reason, the cleaning mop stick is essential. It can easily remove the dry dirt and dust, spilled liquids, and other kinds of unhygienic particles. There will be no accumulation of these items in your home, thereby making the place super hygienic to live in.
- Healthy air:
Another significant advantage of cleaning the mops regularly is that you will be able to purify the air inside without using any purifying machine. As a result, you won’t have to deal with suffocation, cold, cough, or any kind of respiratory allergies.
- Helps in making a good impression:
Let’s say you have invited your friend to your place for a small barbecue party. Now, you have used the cleaning mop last day, and thinking that the floors certainly look clean, you decided to skip it. Your friends arrive at your place but, unfortunately, the first thing they see is a tuft of pet hair coming from underneath the sofa. Wouldn’t that make a bad impression on them? Obviously, it would, and that’s why you have to clean your home using a standing mop every day.
- Prevents infection:
Another significant advantage of using the house cleaning mop is that you will prevent the infection efficiently. With all the dirt and dust gone this way, you wouldn’t have to worry about bacterial or fungal infections and the related diseases. This way, you will be able to safely live your life without being dependent on the medicines.
- Highly cost-effective:
Well, it’s unbelievable, but it’s true. When you are not cleaning your home, the dirt and the dust will add on and make the surfaces dirty. Sometimes, these become so stubborn that using a scrubber isn’t enough. This is when you need to call in the professional cleaning services, which will cost you a hefty amount. You will have to spend a considerable amount of money, at least to get the best service. So, if you want to avoid such inconvenience and save more money, you need the best floor cleaning mops for home.
- Clean house, peaceful mind:
Lastly, when you have a clean house, you wouldn’t have to worry about anything, be whether it is leaving a bad impression or suffering from infections and allergies. So, with no tension, you can easily live a peaceful life.
What Is The Difference Between Vacuum Cleaner And A Floor Mob?
For cleaning the floors, there are two ways which you can choose from- either by using a vacuum cleaner or by using a floor mop. Now, since today we will be talking mostly about the best floor cleaning mops for home, it is imperative to learn whether the vacuum cleaners function the same way or not. This way, you will have the much-needed clarity you deserve, in one way or another.
- The home mops can be used manually where the power source will be your hand and body movements. You will have to use the electric power cord to make the mop start working in some cases. But the vacuum cleaners only work on electricity. There is no such vacuum that can be used with your hands and body’s mechanical energy only.
- The vacuum cleaner uses the concept of creating a vacuum and the generation of suction pressure to draw in the dirt and dust present on the floor or any other kind of surfaces. However, in the case of the mop floor cleaning, you need to sweep the rag or the brush cleaner on the surface to clean the dirt.
- A vacuum cleaner is only used to wipe off the dry dirt or dust. It would work on the liquid stains or the spills. However, with the standing mop online, you can remove both the dry and the wet dirt from the floor.
- A vacuum can reach all the corners and crevices easily as with the cleaner, you will get different kinds of suction hose pipes. But, to clean these same corners and crevices using the mop sounds a little bit extravagant. After all, the vacuum stick pipe is flexible and hence can reach around the corners. But, the mop stick is not at all flexible. Thus cleaning the corners with it sounds extremely difficult.
- You will have to clean the floor mops online every day after every use. This is because both the wet and the dry dirt remain stuck to the rag strings and make it impossible for you to use it the next time without cleaning. If we consider the vacuum, you can clean the inside chamber thrice a week. The dirt that is sucked inside gets accumulated inside a tank that remains covered. So, you can clean it once the tank gets filled.
- Another major difference between the vacuum cleaner and the best floor cleaning mops for home is the price. Undoubtedly, vacuum cleaners are way more costly than any other type of floor cleaner. The mops vary in price, so you will have more flexibility in buying this particular cleaner for your home.
Even though both the vacuum cleaner and the floor mops are used for the same purpose, i.e., cleaning the floor, you really can’t compare both of them. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and hence, pitting them against each other in a competition isn’t a really good idea.
What Are the Different Designs of the Best floor cleaning mops for home?
After many surveys, we have concluded that there are different types of mops based on designs. Some of them have yarn fibers, while some of them will have microfiber meshes. Some have a flat structure, while some have a circular structure. Based on these factors, the best floor cleaning mops for home can be easily classified into the following types:
- Cut end mops:
Now, moving onto the first type of standing pocha, these mops have yard threads bundled around the top handle of the stick. These have cut ends, which means that the yarn fibers are cut from the lower portion, so the ends remain free on both ends. This is the cheapest mop that you can have, and hence, this is one of the best floor cleaning mops for home for people running low on budget.
- Loop end mops:
The next type of the best floor cleaning mops for home is the loop end mops. These also have the yarn fibers, but both the ends of the fibers will have loops. The mops are better than the cut end mops since they can absorb the spills better and more efficiently. The mop heads are washable in the washing machine, and hence cleaning them will be easy for you.
- Microfiber mops:
The next type of easy mop online we will discuss is the microfiber mop. Here, the fibers are made from polyamide and polyester material, a derivative of nylon fibers. The thickness of these fibers is almost 1/16th of the thickness of the human hair. Thanks to this measurement, a microfiber mop is one of the best floor cleaning mops for home. The fibers form a mesh of net which can easily trap the dirt and the dust without much effort. Another added advantage of using this particular type of mop is that you can clean it several times without degrading the quality of the mop head. Also, it is replaceable in nature, and hence, even if the floor cleaner stick is destroyed, replace the head and reuse it once again.
- Steam mops:
The steam mop is one of the best floor cleaning mops for home, thanks to the ease with which you can clean the floors, starting from the corners to the flat surfaces. Here, you will have a liquid tank that holds the liquid, be it normal water or a fragrant home cleaning solution mixed with water. Once you switch on the steam mop India, you will be able to produce the steam out of the liquid. Different steam mops will have different settings, and hence you will have more flexibility in cleaning the floors. This particular type of mop can be used to clean hard stains and build-up junks from the floors easily, without much hassle.
- Flat mops:
Some types of flooring are there where you cannot use too much water. Wetting the floor excessively will damage the surface, and hence it will be best if you avoid them. For such floors, it is best to use the flat mop cleaner online. These mops use the least amount of water, and hence they will be perfect for these kinds of flooring. All you will need is the floor cleaning solution to clean off the dirt, dust, and other kinds of stains and spills.
- Sponge mops:
Another one of the many best floor cleaning mops for home is the sponge mops. Here, instead of the fiber strings, you will have the sponge. It is one of the best absorbing materials amongst every other sponge head material you will see in the market. The sponge can clean stubborn to light spills and stains off the floor, thereby making the floors look shiny. Also, in most of the sponge mobs, the head is replaceable, and hence you will have more independence in working with the cleaner.
- Dust mops:
If your house floors are usually covered with dry dirt rather than liquid spills, it will be better to buy this particular mopping stick online. The long fibers are made from synthetic elements, which make the mop lightweight, and hence they are very much easy to use. You can use this mop as a broomstick to remove the dry waste and dirt from the floor before using the wet mops.
- Spin mops:
The next type of best floor cleaning mops for home that we will discuss here is the spin mop. Here, you will have a bucket where you can dip the mop and switch on the spinner inside the bucket. The spinner will move in a centrifugal direction and will easily clean the fibers. Once these fibers get cleaned, you can easily take it out and again use the mop to clean the floors. It is one of the most chosen types of mop with bucket online, thanks to the fact that it can be cleaned easily without much effort.
- Brush mops:
The last type of floor cleaning mop online that we will discuss here is the brush mop. Here, rather than the fibers, you will get the hard-bristled brushed. These mops are best for cleaning the outdoor floors where the stains are more stubborn and hard to remove.
What are the Top Best floor cleaning mops for home in 2020?
The next thing we would like to discuss today is the top cleaning mops you can find in India for your home use. Hence, these mops are the best in their chosen categories and wouldn’t prove to be much of a problem.
- Scotch Brite jumper spin mop with round and flatheads
- Gala Spin mop with easy wheels
- Cello Kleeno easy clean 360-degree plastic
- Prestige clean home PSB 10 plastic magic mop
- Pigeon easy clean deluxe spin mop
- Spotzero by Milton ace spin mop
- Esquire elegant floor cleaning spin mop
- YORK flat spray mop, 2 in 1
- Maharsh healthy spray mop
- HNESS stainless steel microfiber floor cleaning spray mop
- Scotch Brite butterfly plastic mop ad refill
- Deerma ZQ600 multi-function steam cleaner
How Can You Choose The Best Mop In India?
Since you already know that there are several best floor cleaning mops for home, it can be quite challenging to choose the perfect one. When you want to choose a mop, you will have to consider many features, starting with the type to the brand and so on.
So, rather than wasting any more time, let’s get started with discussing how you can buy mop online India in the best possible manner.
The first factor which will decide your choice of the mop is the brand. In India, there are several brands of the best floor cleaning mops for home, and hence it will be best to know about them beforehand. Now, the reasons to consider the brand name are:
- The branded mops will always be a better option than the local ones since you will get a warranty period.
- The most known brands are mainly popular because of their products’ quality. Hence, one thing is sure- the mops which you will buy will live longer and will be of high quality without a doubt.
- Branded mops like that of the Prestige mop or other brands have high quality and sturdy stick rods. Because of this, you won’t have to buy the mops frequently due to the breaking or disfiguration of the rods.
The next thing you need to think about is the floor mop price. The price of these mops usually varies from one mop to the other, based on many factors. This is why you need to choose the mop based on the factors which alter the price. Here, we have discussed how you will be able to budget the purchase properly.
- If you are planning to buy the best floor cleaning mops for home based on the brands, you will have to think about the price. Depending on the brand, the price of the mops varies, and hence, you will need to choose accordingly.
- The next factor on which the mop’s price will depend is the type. If you want to buy a cheap mop, you can go with the cut-end or the loop end mops. But in case you decide to choose the microfiber mop or the spin mop, you need to pay a much higher price.
- Another factor on which the price will depend is the weight of the mop. The more the weight of the mop, the more will be the price and vice versa.
- Mop design:
Your next thing to worry about is the design of the mop. As we have discussed earlier, there are a lot of different mop designs that you will get in the market. Starting from the regular cut-end mops to the brush mops, you will have many such designs. As a result, you will have quite a lot of flexibility to choose the kind of mop for your floor cleaning. Since many people find it hard to decide the best floor cleaning mops for home based on the design, we have discussed some of the tips to help you out.
- Consider the brand first. Let’s say you have chosen the XYZ brand and want to buy a steam mop from that brand only. For doing so, you are visiting online stores after stores but couldn’t find a single model of the steam mop. So, if you want to avoid such inconvenience, we suggest making sure that you are choosing a brand that sells the mop of your chosen design.
- The design of the mop will also depend on the type of floor you have. For example, the sponge mops can clean well on marble or tiled floors, but we can’t say this about the wooden or hardwood flooring.
- Your budget will also determine the type of mop you need for your home. If you have a set price at a low budget, you can’t expect to get a microfiber mop or the spin mop for the same price. Similarly, if you are free in terms of price, you won’t have to worry about choosing the design since you will be able to make the perfect solution.
The choice of the best floor cleaning mops for home will also depend on the type of floor you have. The loop-end mop can’t clean the vinyl or the wooden flooring properly since the mop usually holds a lot of water which is harmful to the flooring. Similarly, the sponge mop isn’t best for cleaning the outdoor concrete or cobbled stone floors. Depending on the type of floor you have, you will have to choose the mop type. Make sure that the chosen piece is compatible with the type of floor you have.
- Wet vs. dry mop:
The last thing you need to keep in mind is the type of mop based on cleaning. The wet mops are mainly used when you want to clean the floors using water, which is basically the second type of cleaning used to remove the stains, spills, etc. The dry or the dust mops are used to remove the larger debris waste and the accumulated dirt on the floor. Most people usually have two different types of mops to ensure that they are cleaning the floors effectively. This is one of the best ways to choose the perfect mop for cleaning the floors effectively without fail.
What Are Some Of The Best Mopping Tips?
Now, before we move forward with our rest discussions about the best floor cleaning mops for home, we would like to give you some tips on the ways to clean your home using the best floor mop. So, let’s find out where you need to improvise your plan and how.
- First, use the dry mop house cleaning stick to remove the dirt, dust, and other large debris particles, which probably make the floor look like a junkyard.
- Once this is done, use the wet mop set to clean the rest of the house. For this, fill the bucket with a little amount of warm water and add a small floor cleaner. It will be best to use a fragrant but organic cleaner to make the floors safer.
- Dip the floor cleaner pocha into the bucket and then take it out. Remove the excess water by squeezing out the fibers and then place the fibers on the floor.
- Start with the farthest corner of the floor and start dragging out the fibers towards the center of the room. This is the exact way to use the best floor cleaning mops for home.
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing A Microfiber Mop India?
Before you learn the advantage of using this particular kind of clean mop set, we think it would be best if you knew what microfiber is. First, microfibers are made from polyester and polyamide polymers. These polymer fibers are constructed densely, and each fiber here has a thickness of around 1/16th part of the human hair. This much thinness allows the microfibers to form a mesh of the net, having millions of trapping holes where the dirt, debris, and other particles will get trapped.
So, now, since you know what exactly the microfiber mopping stick is, let’s see how it will help you in cleaning the floors.
- High cleaning power:
Unlike the normal cotton or yarn cleaning mops, the microfiber mops can reach the corners and crevices present in the room. Because of this, they can easily clean the rooms properly, without leaving a speck of dirt.
- Reduced water and detergent use:
With a traditional cleaning mop online, you will have to use a lot of water and detergent to clean the dirt, stains, and spills effectively. However, the same is not with the case of microfibers. With them, you can easily use less water. The amount of water has been reduced by fifty to sixty percent in the case of microfiber mops.
- Increases productivity:
When you choose the best floor cleaning mops for home, you also have to ensure that they are productive in nature. Hence, you need to check whether one needs to work harder in cleaning the floors or not. The microfiber mops have clearly won this competition since with the microfiber mesh net; you won’t have to dip it into the water and squeeze the liquid every time.
- Does not require much effort:
As the microfiber cleaning mop online is made from nylon fibers, these are extremely lightweight. As a result, you won’t have to spend a lot of energy handling the mop and sweeping around the floor surface.
Why Do People Buy The Spin Mop India?
The next thing that we will discuss here is the spin magic mop stick. Even though many people will find this extremely difficult to use, the mop type has many benefits than one can imagine. And here, we will discuss those benefits only to ensure that you what kind of things you are losing by not choosing the spin mop for your home.
- Expert cleaning:
The best spin mop India uses centrifugal force to clean the floors. Thus, the cleaning done by these mop types is efficient and more productive than the traditional mops.
- Reduced floor damaged:
Sometimes, using normal mops can cause huge damage to different textured floor types like wooden floors, marble floors, and so on. However, with the cleaning mop with spin and dry, you won’t have to deal with the damages. The fibers present in the mop are extremely soft, and hence, they impart negligible to almost no damage to the floors.
- Saves a lot of water:
Another great advantage of using the spin mops is that you can greatly reduce water usage. Unlike the normal floor mops, the spin mop wouldn’t require a lot of water, and hence you can reduce your monthly utility bills.
- Replaceable heads:
The cleaning heads of this particular mop type is replaceable in nature. So, if the fibers get damaged or worn out, you can easily replace it with a new one. This particular feature has made the spin sticks one of the best floor cleaning mops for home.
- Complete swiveling movement:
Another major benefit of using the spin mop online India for cleaning the floors is that the brush fibers of the mop can be swiveled through the entire three hundred and sixty degrees. This will ensure an enhanced cleaning, and hence, you won’t have to worry about the presence of dirt and dust in the home.
- Machine washable heads:
Lastly, you can easily clean the heads of the mop stick. Simply detach them from the floor cleaning stick, and put them in the washing machine. This will help you to clean those heads effectively.
How to Clean A Mop In India?
When you are considering the best floor cleaning mops for home, you need to ensure that you are cleaning them perfectly to avoid malfunctioning later on. However, many people don’t even know how to clean the mops effectively after every use.
This is why we will discuss some tips you can use to clean these mops online India and make them more hygienic than before.
- Rinsing of the mops properly:
Once you use the floor mop online, you immediately need to rinse it properly, especially the dry mops. It will be better to use the running tap water for rinsing since the force will remove the debris easily.
- Washing of the mop heads:
Next, once the debris is removed from the fibers, you have to wash the floor mop cleaner. For this, take a bucket and add water and a little amount of detergent to it. Immerse the mop inside and use a thrusting motion to clean the dirt or the liquid away from the fibers.
- Drying of the mop fibers:
Once you are done with the washing process, take out the fibers and squeeze them to drain the excess water. Hang the mop upside down such that the fibers are dangling in the downward direction. Leave the water to dry off completely because its presence will harm the mop online in India.
- Storing of the mops:
At the time of storing the mop floor cleaner, you need to very careful. Do not store it in the open since that might make the fibers dirty. Also, be sure to entangle the fibers before keeping them in the cleaning cupboards.
Some mop heads can be replaced. Make sure you are replacing them at the correct time so that you can use the India mop again without any issue.
We have discussed everything here in this article about the best floor cleaning mops for home that you need to know. From the types of mops to the best ones in 2020, many things have been discussed here. We now hope you can easily choose the best cleaner stick for your home without worry and hassle.