Best Achari Mayonnaise Brands in India – Mishry
Del Monte Achari Mayo is our Top Pick. The achaar-like flavor and creaminess is the best in this brand.
Indian meals are incomplete without a pickle. Be it a classic aam ka achar or something more sweet-citrusy like nimbu ka achaar. Achars are a melange of flavors dominant on kalonji, saunf, mustard, methi dana and more. Most achars are known to have salty, sour and piquant flavors which are addictive.
Three brands promise to pack in those flavors in a mayonnaise – Wingreens Farms, Del Monte and Nutralite. After a three-stage testing, we chose Del Monte Achari Mayo as one of the best achari mayonnaise brands in India. Here’s why it is our Top Pick.
Here is a comparison table of all the achari mayonnaise brands in India for their price, net weight, shelf life and more.
Achari Mayonnaise Brands
|Del Monte (Top Pick)||4.5||Add To Cart|
|Nutralite||4.25||Add To Cart|
|Wingreens Farms||3.75||Add To Cart|
Achari Mayonnaise Brands in India – Our Contenders
Achari Mayonnaise Brands in India- What You Need To Know
Here is all that you need to know about the Achari mayonnaise brands in India.
1. Available Variants
Mayonnaise is available in different flavors around the world. Made using eggs, there are a lot of eggless and vegan options available too. Some brands experiment with different flavors like – achaari, tandoori, cheesy, herby, chilli, and even wasabi.
For our review, we chose to test different brands of achari mayonnaise available in the country.
Looking for the best eggless mayonnaise in India? We’ve got you!
2. Available Sizes
Achari mayonnaise is available in sizes ranging from 100 grams to 300 grams. If needed, industrial packs are also available upon request.
3. Price Range
The price range for a 100 gram bottle of achari mayonnaise is between Rs 28/- to Rs 76/-.
4. Shelf Life
All the brands we reviewed have a shelf life of 6 months.
So where can you use an achaari mayonnaise? An achaari mayonnaise can be used –
- As a marinade for achari paneer tikkas, chicken tikkas etc
- In a chapati to make a roll.
- As a spread on sandwiches, burgers.
- To make a standalone dip
- As an addition to another dip to add a depth of flavor like hung curd dip.
Achari Mayonnaise Brands in India – Our Review Factors
Our review process was divided into three phases –
Stage 1 : Visual inspection – The packaging and label reading were done during this phase.
Stage 2 : Blind Taste Test – Here the mayonnaise were tried and tasted blind by our team members. We did not pair anything with the mayo here. We then did an aroma and consistency check on all the brands and made notes.
Stage 3 : Mishry Secret Sauce – We tried the achari mayonnaise as a dip with a batch of hot crinkle fries. No seasoning was added on top as we wanted to gauge the flavor of mayonnaise and the intensity of the achaar flavor.
Our review parameters include-
How well is the mayonnaise packed? Do they come in jars or squeeze bottles? If it comes in a easy squeeze bottle, how is the nozzle? Is it easy to use?
2. Main Ingredients
A Punjabi inspired achaar includes a BIG list of ingredients with multiple whole spices and masalas like onion seeds (kalonji), fenugreek seeds (methi daana), fennel seeds (saunf) and more. We wanted to check which mayonnaise came closest to the achaar-like ingredients on the list. Which oil is used to make the mayonnaise? Any additives?
Achaar and mayonnaise sound like an unlikely combination that shouldn’t work. But, it does! The characteristic flavor of achari spices like onion seeds and saunf along with mustard, salt and turmeric combined with a slightly citrusy, creamy mayonnaise is what we were looking for.
The mayonnaise that packs in maximum achaar-like flavors with a fine balance of seasoning without losing out on the essence of mayonnaise will be crowned as our winner.
4. Texture + Consistency
Mayonnaise can become very gloopy and/or clotted which is undesirable. We checked all the brands for their consistency. Is it smooth and creamy or was there something off about the texture of the mayonnaise? Does the achaar flavoring add any whole spices? If yes, do they have a bite?
As a lot of people will be using this as a spread, we checked the spreadability of all the brands.
1. Del Monte Achari Mayo – Mishry Top Pick
The Del Monte Achari Mayo comes in a sturdy squeezy plastic bottle with the lid at the bottom. This makes squirting out the mayo much easier. No need to tap the base before using it. We can actually see the quantity of the sauce remaining after each use as it’s a transparent bottle. No complaints regarding the packaging.
Colorwise, this is the lightest one amongst all the contenders and we could see a lot of kalonji and cumin. The consistency is thick and smooth with a good spreadability, which should be the case with a good mayonnaise.
Del Monte’s Achari Mayonnaise has the highest and well-balanced achari flavor. We can actually taste the fennel seeds and cumin. This is definitely the spiciest amongst all the contenders, but not in a bad way. The heat in this mayo is very desirable and reminds you of an achar. We like that it isn’t over salted either. There is a subtle tang that cuts through the creamy mayonnaise.
- A 285 gram pack is priced at Rs 90/-.
- Shelf life is 6 months.
- Ingredients – Water, Edible veg oil (soya bean oil), Achari seasoning 5% (Iodized salt, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Refined soya bean oil), Thickener, Sugar, Milk solids, Acidity regulator, Iodized salt, Preservatives and Sequestrante.
- Contains permitted natural color and natural identical flavoring substance.
- Store in a cool, dry and hygienic place.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Calories per 100 grams is 264.15 Kcal.
- Tastes like you are eating an achar in mayo-form.
- Salt levels are balanced.
- This is spicy, but in a good way.
- We liked the creamy consistency of the mayonnaise.
- The spreadability is nice.
Best Suited For
Looking to incorporate achaari flavor to your marinade for tikkas or as a dip in sandwiches? The Del Monte Achari Mayo is just what you need.
2. Nutralite Achari Mayo
Nutralite’s Achari Mayo comes in a wide mouthed plastic jar. The reason this mayonnaise did not win was because of the lack of the distinct achari flavor. This mayo was a part of our Nutralite Eggless Mayonnaise Review, and we mentioned the issue with the flavor there too. While this is a tasty achar flavored mayonnaise, the intensity isn’t as much as our Top Pick. It lacks the chatpata flavor. There is no problem with the texture/consistency and spreadability of the mayonnaise.
- A 190-gram jar is priced at Rs 55.
- It has a shelf life of six months.
- Ingredients – Edible veg oil, Refined sunflower oil, Water, sugar, Liquid glucose, Seasoning, Garlic and onion powder, Thickener, Common salt, Milk solids, Acidity regulator, Stabilizer, Preservatives, Sequestrante agent.
- Allergen – Contains milk solids, natural and nature identical (garlic) and flavoring substances.
- Calories per 100 grams are 488.6 Kcal.
- The mayonnaise is tasty.
- Good spreadability.
- The texture of the achari mayo is perfect.
- The intensity of achar-like flavors is not upto the mark.
3. Wingreens Farms Achaari Sauce
Packed in an attractive looking squeezy tube, Wingreens Farms Achaari Sauce has a mustard yellow color.
Taste wise, we have no complaints about the intensity of achaar-like flavors. In fact we could bite into spices like cumin, mustard and onion seeds. The spice levels are balanced and there is a slight tang that we liked.
The only reason Wingreens Farms Achaari Sauce did not win our review was because it was oversalted. During our blind taste test and when we had them with fries, the salt levels were higher than the other two brands. This has the thinnest consistency amongst all of them. It is creamy and spreadable.
- A 130-gram jar is priced at Rs 99/-.
- It has a shelf life of six months.
- Ingredients – Sunflower oil, Water, Sugar, Milk solids, Iodized salt, Thickener, Acidity regulator, Mixed spices and Permitted antioxidants.
- Contains permitted natural flavors.
- Calories per 100 grams are 547 Kcal.
- Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Creamy, smooth texture of the sauce.
- Spreadable consistency
- We liked the achaar flavor intensity.
- This is a bit oversalted.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Why did we choose Del Monte Achari Mayonnaise as our Top Pick?
The wonderfully bold achari flavors packed in a sturdy squeezy bottle made Del Monte Achari Mayonnaise our winner. The intense achar flavor, balanced seasoning and smooth, creamy texture of the mayonnaise along with the commendable spreadability were all contributing factors.
More Sauces And Spreads We Tested
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Indian achari mayonnaise brands.
1. Which is the best Achari Mayonnaise?
During our review we found Del Monte’s Achari Mayonnaise as the best one. It packs in the best and most intense flavor of achar.
2. Does this mayonnaise contain any added flavors?
Yes. All three brands of achari mayonnaise contain added flavors.
3. Does this mayonnaise contain any preservatives?
Yes, the ingredient list mentions the use of preservatives.
4. How to store this mayonnaise after unpacking?
It is best to store it in a cool, dark place. Once opened, refrigerate the mayonnaise.
5. Can this mayonnaise be used as a spread on bread and biscuits?
Breads, yes. You can use the achari mayonnaise as a spread on sandwiches and burgers. It can be used in a dipping platter with crackers and other fried foods.
Smooth, creamy and lip-smackingly delicious. We liked the intense achar-like flavors of the Del Monte Achari Mayo making it our winner.
Have you tried any food combinations that should not work, but do? Let us know in the comment section down below.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.