Amul Cheese Sauce – Mexican Salsa Quick Review
The Amul Cheese Sauce reminds you of a Mexican fiesta. The Amul Cheese Sauce can be used on nachos, as a dip for fries and wedges, and even in a sandwich!
When someone says Mexican flavors, we instantly think of jalapeños, chilies, cumin, and cilantro. From crunchy loaded nachos to a wholesome quesadilla, a Mexican flavored cheese sauce adds the much-needed savoriness. Amul has introduced the brand new Amul Cheese Sauce in a Mexican salsa flavor. The Amul Cheese Sauce comes in a squeezy bottle unlike other jar or pouch packs. This Amul Cheese Sauce review discusses the texture, consistency, taste, and aroma. Can it be used as a dip? Is the flavor too overpowering? Let’s find out in our quick review.
The Amul Cheese Sauce has an unmissable jalapeño flavor and a creamy consistency.
Price – Rs 75/-*
Net weight – 200 grams
*Price at the time of review
*As per information on the pack
- Seasoning contains onion and garlic.
- Provides 192 kcal of energy per 100 grams.
- Best before 6 months from date of packaging.
Cheese, Water, Permitted emulsifiers, Mexican salsa seasoning (1.3%), Milk solids, Common salt and Permitted class II preservatives.
Price and packaging – Amul Cheese Sauce, the Mexican salsa flavor comes in a squeezy bottle. We were delighted to see this type of packaging as compared to the pouch or jar one. The squeezy bottle is easy to use and is hygienic. A 200-gram squeezy bottle of Amul Cheese Sauce is priced at Rs 75/-.
How we tried it – We tried it extensively for over a week with various snacks to check this for versatility and of course taste. We used it with the following snacks –
- Nutri Choice Sugar-Free Crackers
- Doritos Masala Mayhem Nachos
- Cornitos Cheese Nachos
- Lay’s Classic Salted Chips
We also used it to make two dishes –
- Loaded fries – We used Amul French Fries
- Inside a veggie tortilla wrap
Appearance, consistency, and aroma – A cheese spread and a cheese sauce are two very different things. A cheese spread is thicker and is spreadable while a cheese sauce is more liquidy and can be drizzled over snacks, salads, and in between sub sandwiches.
The Amul Cheese Sauce has a semi-liquid consistency which is perfect for a cheese sauce. It was not too runny, nor too thick or gloopy. It is off-white in color and has a dominant jalapeño aroma.
Flavor – The balanced combination of cheese and jalapeñoes were spot on! Neither of the flavors dominated the other, and we could clearly taste both of them throughout our taste test. The seasoning (salt levels) is apt as well. While Amul struck the perfect balance between cheesy and Mexican jalapeño flavors, there was a mild olive-like bitterness which we liked.
We love how versatile this cheese sauce is. Not only does the Amul Cheese Sauce make the perfect partner for a plate of loaded fries or nachos, but the cheese sauce also adds a lovely cheesy creaminess to a boring sandwich/wrap. Have you tried this Mexican flavored Amul Cheese Sauce yet?
More Cheese-Based Products To Try
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.