Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger Review – Mishry
Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger is convenient, but does it pack fresh ginger notes? More details on the price, packaging, taste and consistency below.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
When it comes to tea, everyone has different choices. Some love sipping in kadak adrak wali chai whereas there are others who love their black or elaichi tea.
Over the years, many brands have come up with instant tea premixes that offer home-style consistency and convenience.
After having tested different tea premixes over the past year, we are here again with a new instant ginger tea by Tata. More details related to the price, packaging, taste and aroma are covered in our Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger review.
Table of Contents
Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger – Everything You Need To Know
Here is every detail that you need to know about the Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger starting with the packaging to its shelf life.
The Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger comes in an attractive yellow and orange box pack. A box holding 10 sachets is priced at Rs 140/-. The box pack mentions the method of preparation. The individual tea sachets are perfect for one-time use. Each individual sachet contains 14 gms of tea mix. There are no stirrers included in the box.
2. Main Ingredients
The following are the ingredients included in the Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger – Sugar, Medium Fat Dairy Whitener, Non-Dairy Beverage Whitener, Tea Extract, Tea, Natural Ginger Flavor (0.2%).
Contains Added Flavor (Natural Flavor), Added Ginger Flavor, Ginger Flavored.
This tea has a milky flavor together with slight undertones of ginger. The ginger flavor is not fresh tasting. The flavor is more like that of dry ginger powder. There is a prominent difference in the taste of fresh and dry ginger. While fresh ginger has a spicy flavor, dry ginger on the other hand has strong peppery notes. The level of sweetness of this tea is on the higher side.
4. Form Factor
This tea mix comes in a powder form. There are 10 individual sachets that contain about 14 gm of the tea mix each.
5. Consistency & Color
The consistency and color of the tea is very homestyle. It’s not watery or overly milky and has a medium-dark brown color.
6. Refreshing Factor
Here we gauge how fresh and taaza we feel after sipping the tea. As you sip in a ginger tea it gives a refreshing effect almost instantly. This ginger tea has a soothing effect on a sore throat, but is not really refreshing.
7. Nutritional Information
The following is the nutritional information of the Tate Tea Quick Chai Ginger :
|Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger||Nutritional Information (per serve)|
The 10 sachet box is priced at INR 140.
9. Shelf Life
The product comes with a shelf life of 12 months.
Earlier we reviewed Chai Point Ginger Instant Chai and liked the aroma.
Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger – Detailed Review
|Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger||Product Details|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Main Ingredients||Sugar, Medium Fat Dairy Whitener, Non-Dairy Beverage Whitener, Tea Extract, Tea, Natural Ginger Flavor (0.2%).|
|Calories||59 kcal (per serve)|
An instant tea mix is a quick way to prepare a hot cup of tea without the need to assemble different ingredients. We reviewed Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger and ordered the 10 sachet box which was priced at INR 140. Each of these sachets makes about 100 ml of tea.
To prepare the tea, we followed the same steps as mentioned on the box. The consistency and color of this tea is similar to a cup of homemade tea. We missed the fresh zing of ginger in this premix.
- The price of the 10 sachet box is INR 140.
- The box mentions the steps to prepare the tea.
- Each of the 10 sachets are individually packed.
- Shelf Life : Best Before 12 months.
- Main Ingredients : Sugar, Medium Fat Dairy Whitener, Non-Dairy Beverage Whitener, Tea Extract, Tea, Natural Ginger Flavor (0.2%).
- Instant fix for a quick cup of tea.
- It has a homestyle consistency.
- The ginger aroma is inviting.
- It lacks the fresh ginger taste.
- The sugar level is high.
Best Suited For
If you travel a lot, and are looking for a quick way to prepare tea while on the go, we recommend you to try the Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger.
1. Does this ginger chai contain additional flavour enhancers?
This chai contains added ginger flavor.
2. Does this ginger chai help cure cough and cold?
While Tata Tea Quick Chai Ginger might not be the only cure for cough and cold, sipping this tea might provide temporary relief to a sore throat.
3. How many cups of ginger chai can be prepared in total from one sachet?
One sachet is single serve.
4. Does this ginger chai contain any preservatives?
No. This ginger chai is free from preservatives.
5. Should this chai be prepared with hot water or hot milk?
This ginger chai contains medium fat dairy whitener which is basically milk in powdered form. Hence, this chai is meant to be mixed with hot water only.
Tata Tea Quick Chai ginger is a quick caffeine fix for novices or while traveling long distances. It has a prominent dry ginger powder flavor, and nails the homestyle consistency.
Which instant tea premix flavor is your favorite? Share with us your views in the comments below.
Other Tea Premix Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.