Super Foods To Reduce Belly Fat | Best Diet To Shed Tummy Flab
Losing belly fat can be quite tricky. Considered to be the most harmful type of fat, belly fat can be effectively reduced with the help of a healthy diet.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
All of us dream of that size zero figure and a toned, fit body. But despite all the hard workouts and exercises we do, there is one part of our body that just does not seem to be in control–our belly, which makes us desperate to reduce belly fat.
The stomach or abdomen seems to be a complicated part in a way that it’s quick to gain weight, but when it comes to getting rid of belly fat, even after meticulous workouts and strict diet controls, sometimes results are hard to come by. The weight that we carry around our belly also affects our overall structure and it can spoil the overall personality.
One thing on everybody’s mind is to find out effective steps and ways to kill belly fat in order to get back in shape. Food can play an important role in helping you shed weight around the tummy, as exercise alone is not enough for this part of your body.
Eating right is the key and the focus has to be on eating the right foods that can help to reduce belly fat. Here’s a list of easily available and super-effective foods to lose and reduce belly fat.
Related ReadingRelated ProductsMonkey Bar Energy Bar – Peanut Butter & Chia SeedsThis nutty energy bar comes with fresh and crunchy chia seeds. No oily aftertaste!Zingavita Chyawanprash Immunity Booster GummiesThis Ayurvedic jam is sweet, tarty and has a chewy bite. Convenient to carry packaging!Amazon Solimo Vegetable ChopperThis vegetable chopper offers even, consistent cuts along with a smooth pulling action.Phab Fruit and Nut Energy BarThis energy bar is packed with crunchy nuts, seeds and chewy dehydrated fruits. A must-try!*Based on Mishry's internal reviews and ratings
Table of Contents
Watch – Top Super Foods To Reduce Belly Fat
Foods To Fight and Lose the Stubborn Fat – Reduce Belly Fat
1. Citrus Fruits
Vitamin C in fruits builds not only our immunity but also helps in burning fat. The most effective way of getting Vitamin C in our bodies is to eat raw citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, and grapefruits. Eating these before or immediately after workouts is a sure shot way to burn out all the belly fat that you have accumulated over the years.
With our immunity also building, there’s more benefit to eating these raw fruits than just one. However, care has to be taken that these are consumed raw, and not as fruit juices. Yes, fruit juices, even when freshly made at home, are devoid of fiber and take away an important nutrient from the fruit.
Some people also add sugar to fruit juices, and that’s a big No too! Needless to say, packaged juices are to be strictly avoided if you on any kind of weight loss routine. The best way to consume any fruit and benefit from all its goodness is to consume them as is.
2. Dairy–Good Bacteria reduces stomach related problems
Curds and yogurts are a great way to keep you full – what with the proteins and the fermenting “good bacteria” in them. This also aids in digestion and keeps your stomach free from bloating and feeling heavy. Thereby this is also something that you can eat to maintain a healthy flab-free tummy!
Avocados are one of the healthiest fruits that you can consume. They are rich in fiber and consuming them in the form of salads or just as a whole fruit gives you a feeling of having eaten a full meal. They provide a feeling of fullness and help you a great deal in portion control.
The good thing is you can even enjoy this silky, mushy fruit as a milkshake. Make sure you use skim milk to make a wholesome meal leaving you with no need to look for a snack break in between. So if you are trying to eat healthy and wholesome avocados have to be on your shopping list.
Eggs are loaded with proteins and are a good source of energy as well. In fact, they are pretty much like the avocados, in that eggs can be a complete meal by themselves. A couple of eggs can substitute everything else you eat for lunch and can leave you full and wanting nothing more.
The added advantage is that as eggs are a good source of protein, fat assimilation is also taken care of. There are no fat deposits that happen either in the belly or the hip regions.
5. Whole Grains – Natural Source of Dietary Fibers
While refined flour and processed foods are a strict no-no when you are on a diet or trying to lose all your belly fat, whole grains are a welcome addition to the list of things you can eat without guilt. Brown/red rice and whole wheat are wonderful sources of rich carbohydrates, and you are going to need all of them to give you the energy and stamina for the workouts.
In addition, the fiber present in whole grains gives your food bulk and helps the digestion process along. A bloated belly or constipation are the worst enemies of a flat stomach! Whole grains eaten in moderate quantities would surely add to the good carbohydrates that are needed by the body.
6. Oats–Low-Calorie Cereal
Oats may be the most versatile healthy food that we have amidst us today. From being eaten as porridge to pancakes, this low-calorie cereal can be turned around to make different delicacies.
As it adds no additional calories, this is one of the foods that can be consumed with no guilt for anybody who is looking at having a taut belly.
There is nothing better than a handful of nuts to munch on. The fiber and the good fats in the nuts help you snack healthy and control your portion size, especially if you choose to increase the number of walnuts, almonds, and pistachios in your diet. Cashews are higher in calorie, in comparison, so should be consumed in moderation only.
Dried fruits like figs, dates, and apricots also are very good because they provide good sources of energy and keep you full most of the time, but ensure you exercise moderation. Make sure the nuts and dried fruits are raw and not salted or caramelized. Adding salt or sugar would make them less effective in helping you lose belly fat.
This is a surprise veggie on this list. Unaware too many. Pumpkin is a blessing to those who are trying to lose weight with all the goodness that it contains. This is also a very positive energy veggie and can do a lot of good when you can eat it semi-cooked or even raw–as a salad or as a juice with some salt and pepper added to it.
Who said foods that are to be eaten to lose weight have to be tasteless? Here comes our game changer–tunas and salmons are a welcome addition to this list. Eat them smoked and you will be fine.
Substitute the red meats on your plate with lean/white fish and be right on your way to losing your belly fat. This is one simple food that you can eat–tasty, healthy, and wholesome.
Our simple tomatoes are also on this list just for the water content that they have in them. Ideal to be grated/diced up into your salad, they add a lot of value to it apart from adding the much-needed color.
Tomato juices and soups are a super hit, with just the right seasoning nobody will even consider this to be a weight-loss food that helps reduce belly fat.
Known to be fragrance and taste enhancers, your herbs may be a surprise addition to this list of foods that are considered best for a flat stomach – but they have more advantages than anybody mentioned.
The humble asparagus and the other herbs help accelerate digestion, thereby preventing fat storage in our bodies. Containing fewer calories, asparagus acts as a vital part of a weight management diet due to its high fiber content, which is linked to weight loss.
Apart from its ability to aid you in shedding some kilos, asparagus contains an amino acid called asparagine which helps in the development and functioning of the brain.
Last on this list, but not the least, sprouts can be a boon for all of those that want to reduce their belly fat. Just eat them as a salad or make a curry of them to enhance the tastes and there is a bowl full of healthy and tasty food waiting at your table!
Fruits are super rich in nutrients and antioxidants that may have many benefits on our health in many ways. More research will be required to determine the extent to which it may help with getting the desired result and the best method for its consumption.
Superfoods That Can Help Reduce Belly Fat
- Pulses: Pulses also are known as dal are protein-rich and low in calories and fat.
- Beans And Legumes: Beans and legumes are good sources of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Consuming them regularly can help suppress hunger pangs, thereby preventing overeating.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is a great option to sweeten your breakfast or smoothies. The nut butter is loaded with protein and healthy fats that reduce the chances of weight gain.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: It is a weight loss-friendly and heart health-friendly oil that you can use to cook or season your food as it helps lower bad cholesterol and increases the levels of good cholesterol.
- Chia Seeds: They are a great source of protein and healthy fats, and chia seeds contain dietary fiber. Thus, consuming chia seeds can help prevent you from overeating, improve digestion.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are good sources of vitamin D. They are low in calories and high in water content and can be consumed without any worry.
- Coconut Oil: Loaded with healthy fats, coconut oil reduces bad blood cholesterol levels, improves digestion, and boosts overall immunity while helping keep you full. Use edible grade coconut oil for cooking in regulated quantities.
- Chili peppers: Consuming these chili peppers can help you lose weight and also manage the flab in your belly region.
Why Does Fat Accumulate Around Your Belly?
- Hormonal Changes
- Lack Of Sleep
- Sugary Foods and Beverages
- Trans Fats
- Low-Protein Diets
- The Wrong Gut Bacteria
- Packaged Fruit Juices
- Low-Fiber Diets
Things You Can Consider avoiding Unnecessary Weight Gain!
- Avoid packaged fruit juices, soda, and energy drinks.
- Have protein in every meal and snack.
- Reduce carbohydrates in your diet.
- Eat foods rich in fiber, especially viscous fiber.
- Exercise is very effective in reducing belly fat. Hence, you should exercise regularly.
- Track your meals and figure out what and how much you are eating with how many calories.
The Bottom Line
There is no such thing as spot reduction, but these foods can definitely help when they are being consumed along with some action and healthful diet and exercise regime for weight loss and overall health.
Though these foods play a very vital part in helping you lose belly fat–it is always the combination of diet and exercise that will help you achieve your goal. While eating healthy, if you can also make time for at least thirty minutes every day to either walk, jog or run, then you have the formula for a healthy life ahead.
However, ensure that you consult your physician before picking up any kind of health regimen to rule out complications in the future. This will also help you make informed choices when you pick foods and exercise patterns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we answered a few FAQs about how to reduce belly fat.
1. What can I drink to burn belly fat?
Over years a lot of people have tried and tested home made beverages and concoctions that can help burn belly fat. Some of the most popular ones are –
- Green tea – Green tea tops the list worldwide.
- Lemon water – Luke warm water with lemon and honey.
- Cinnamon water – Luke warm water mixed with cinnamon powder can help reduce bloating.
- Apple cider vinegar – Mix a teaspoon of ACV in warm water. Drink on an empty stomach for best results.
- Methi dana water – Methi dana (fenugreek seeds) soaked in water overnight. Not only will this help in reducing weight, but is said to manage blood sugar levels.
- Cumin tea – Cumin or jeera water and tea. This helps in reducing bloating, which can help in a flatter looking belly.
2. What foods cause the most belly fat?
A list of foods that cause the most belly fat are –
- Carbonated drinks like sodas and fizzy soft drinks.
- Sugary foods
- Foods with a high sodium content
- Deep fried food
- Refined foods like white flour and white sugar
- Processed foods
3. Which fruit burns the most fat?
Some of the most fat-burning fruits are lemon, grapefruit, apples, avocados and bananas.
4. Can drinking hot water reduce belly fat?
A lot of times, most of us have heard that drinking hot water can help reduce belly fat. Drinking hot water can help break down fat in the body, which in turn makes it easier for our digestive system to burn them. It can also help curb our appetite and reduce cravings.
References – (1)
Disclaimer – This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information before making any dietary changes.