Old Mom’s Kitchen Instant Coconut Chutney Review
Love coconut chutney but do not have the time to make some? You will love this Instant Coconut Chutney by Old Mom’s Kitchen.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
As readymade, packaged food takes the front seat in our busy schedules, mom-made food is missed. We came across this instant coconut chutney by Old Mom’s Kitchen which promises home-style flavors without actually putting in too much time in the kitchen. We reviewed it for its taste, texture, and ease of making the chutney. Let us find out more about it in our #FirstImpression.
Table of Contents
What You Need To Know About Old Mom’s Kitchen Instant Coconut Chutney
*As per information on the pack
- Free from preservatives.
- Best before 6 months from the date of manufacture.
- 100 grams of this chutney provides 657.14 calories.
- No added artificial colors, flavors, or any other chemicals.
#FirstImpression Of Old Mom’s Kitchen Instant Coconut Chutney
Price and packaging – A 40-gram pouch of this instant coconut chutney is priced at Rs 30/- which we felt was very economical. The instructions given on the back of the pack are simple and easy to follow.
How To Make This Chutney – It was an extremely simple procedure to make this chutney. In a bowl empty the contents of the pack. Add 1 Tablespoon of curd and 4 Tablespoons of water (lukewarm during winters) and your chutney is ready to be consumed. Yes, that easy. This premix will make about 2 small katoris.
Texture and appearance – The texture is similar to homemade coconut chutney. The ones we get at restaurants is much thicker, but this is very homestyle. The coconut flakes in the chutney make for a wonderful, wholesome bite. The chutney is not as green as shown in the pack, it is much milder in color.
Taste – In packaged products, we usually do not expect the flavor to match homemade flavors. But, Old Mom’s Kitchen Instant Coconut Chutney tasted like an actual, fresh homemade chutney. All the ingredients – coconut, chana dal, chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves add lots of flavour. The salt is well balanced, and there is a spicy kick in the chutney.
We loved it, even more, when we read that it has no preservatives. There are are no artificial colors or flavors. We honestly did not expect the chutney to be this flavorful.
Overall, this instant coconut chutney is economical, delicious, and super quick to make. The fact that there are no added colors, flavor or preservatives, makes us want to use this again. A big thumbs up for Old Mom’s Kitchen Instant Coconut Chutney.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.