NutraHi Gluten Free Buckwheat Pasta Review – Mishry
Looking for gluten and preservative-free pasta that is also fibrous? Your search ends here. Read our NutraHi gluten-free buckwheat pasta review to find out more.
Founded in 2009 by Mr. Shree Narayan Agarwal and Dr. Suman Preet Singh, Nutrahelix Biotech is a biotech firm that focuses on manufacturing health sense food products.
The Nutrahi pasta and spaghetti are all developed in-house. This brand boasts of gluten-free and preservative-free products. In addition to these, the Nutrahelix products are vegan-friendly too!
For our NutraHi gluten-free Buckwheat Pasta review, we ordered the 200-gm pack of the same online. The taste, economic value, cooking time required, and nutritional benefits were some of our significant parameters.
Can the NutraHi Pasta prove to be a better alternative? Let’s find out!
‘Wheat and maida free, this is one of the first things we noticed on the NutraHi pasta label. Packed in a reusable bottle, the other details we read were no added color, no added flavor, and no preservatives.
The packaging also says the NutraHi pasta cooks just like regular pasta and in less than six minutes.
We reviewed the NutraHi pasta to find out the taste and texture of the pasta once cooked. Could we taste the buckwheat in this pasta? Were the pieces cooked evenly within the same duration? Read more to know more.
The buckwheat variant of NutraHi pasta uses 25% of buckwheat with rice and starch as the remaining gluten-free base ingredients.
Once cooked, we could taste the buckwheat in the pasta. The salt level too, was well balanced. This was before we added ingredients from our test kitchen.
Buckwheat flour or kuttu tastes nutty. This NutraHi pasta hit those nutty flavor notes perfectly.
Since salt was already present, we did not add any additional salt while boiling the pasta or sauteing it.
Though the pack mentioned the NutraHi pasta cooks in under six minutes, we found it needed to be cooked for a little longer.
In our experience, 10 minutes was the adequate time needed for the pasta to reach the al-dente stage.
This NutraHi Pasta had a soft and chewy texture.
Unhulled or natural buckwheat flour is characterized by the dark specs that are present throughout.
A lighter/paler variant is available; however, the fiber content is higher in the former.
The NutraHi pasta has a dark brown color with an olive tinge.
The rate of pasta majorly depends on the ingredients that go in the making.
The NutraHi pasta in the buckwheat variant is definitely on the expensive side compared to other pasta brands (made using wheat) available in the market, both online and offline.
The 200-gm NutraHi Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pasta is priced at Rs 199/-.
In our opinion, the clean ingredient list does justice to the price.
6. Nutrition Facts
Per 100 grams, the nutritional value of NutraHi pasta is- 354.5 kcals, 7.2 grams of protein, 79.7 grams of carbohydrates, 0.75 grams of fat, and 2.8 grams of fiber.
We went a step further and compared these values to whole wheat and refined wheat pasta, per 100 grams. For whole wheat pasta the values are- 174 kcals, 7.5 grams of protein, 37 grams of carbs, 0.8 grams of fat, and 6 grams of fiber. The same for refined wheat pasta is- 220 kcals, 8.1 grams of protein, 43 grams of carbohydrates, 1.3 grams of fat, and 2.5 grams of fiber.
Gluten-Free, this product is free from maida, wheat, added color, added flavors & preservatives.
Since more and more people are becoming conscious about their eating habits and the quality of food they consume, a product with no hidden ingredients piques consumers’ interest.
The NutraHi Pasta is devoid of artificial additives like colors, preservatives, and flavor. Similarly, since whole wheat or refined wheat has not been used in the making, this pasta is gluten-free too!
The color of this pasta is in line with the whole-grain claim as well.
To top it all off, the NutraHi gluten-free pasta cooks just like any other regular pasta.
8. Available Sizes
The NutraHi pasta in the buckwheat variant is available in a 200 gram pack. This is packed in a reusable bottle.
|Parameters||NutraHi Gluten Free Buckwheat Pasta|
|Price||Rs 199 for 200 grams|
|Main Ingredients||Rice, Buckwheat(25%), Starch.|
|Nutrition Facts||354.5 kcals, protein- 7.2 grams, carbohydrates- 79.7 grams, fat- 0.75 grams, fiber- 2.8 grams.|
|Colour||Dark brown with an olive tinge|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
NutraHi Gluten Free Buckwheat Pasta – Detailed Review
Team Mishry’s NutraHi buckwheat pasta review includes all the details consumers would want to know.
Not just taste and texture, we also talk about the type of grain used, the time and method of cooking used, and finally do we recommend it or not.
For our NutraHi buckwheat pasta review, we boiled the pasta without any additional ingredients. The salt levels were bang-on!
We sautéed some NutraHi pasta using the President butter which was our Top Pick from our Best Butter Brands in India review. We also added some fresh herbs (parsley and coriander).
However, we refrained from adding any sauces or pasta mix to produce an authentic and fair review of the NutraHi pasta.
- The NutraHi pasta is made using whole grains.
- This gluten-free buckwheat pasta cooks just like regular pasta.
- This NutraHi pasta has a chewy bite to it post-cooking, which it gets from the buckwheat.
- This pasta can be safely consumed by those following a vegan diet.
- The NutraHi pasta has a nutty taste to it with an adequate amount of salt.
- This brown-olive-colored pasta is free of preservatives, added colors, and added flavors.
- The NutraHi pasta is devoid of preservatives and artificial additives.
- The NutraHi pasta has an authentic buckwheat taste to it.
- This quick-cooking pasta does not contain any wheat or maida.
- This pasta comes in a reusable bottle.
- The label says this pasta should be done in six minutes. However, we noticed 10 minutes is the ideal cooking time to reach the al-dente consistency.
Best Suited For
The NutraHi pasta is definitely on the pricier side; there is no denying that.
However, if you are trying to cut gluten from your diet or are looking for a preservative-free alternative to your pasta, the NutraHi pasta is something we would recommend you to try.
We also think the NutraHi gluten-free buckwheat pasta is a unique way of adding various grains to your diet. This pasta is quick-cooking and a decent source of fiber.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on nutrahi gluten-free buckwheat pasta
1. How does the NutraHi gluten free buckwheat pasta taste?
This pasta has a nutty taste that comes from buckwheat.
2. Does NutraHi gluten free buckwheat pasta take longer to cook as compared to regular pasta?
During our review, the NutraHi pasta was cooked in around 10 minutes to the al-dente stage.
3. Can NutraHi gluten free buckwheat pasta natural?
Yes, as per the packaging, all natural ingredients are used. These products are preservative-free too.
4. What are the gluten-free ingredients used in NutraHi pasta?
Rice and starch are used as the base ingredients.
5. Can NutraHi gluten free buckwheat pasta be served to kids?
Yes, it is qualified to be served to all age groups.
Say “Hi to Health” with this NutraHi pasta. We tried the buckwheat variant from the range, and we got nothing but positive words to say about this.
Initially, the clean ingredient list impressed us. Post-cooking, the taste, texture, and color lived up to our expectations.
If you love millets and experimenting with your taste buds, we recommend you give this a try.
Let us know what fun recipe you cooked using the NutraHi pasta in the comments below.
More Reviews Like NutraHi Buckwheat Pasta
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.