Mccain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza Review
How did the McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza fared in our review test? Read on to find out were these samosas a hit or a miss.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
McCain has come up with numerous varieties of snacks, when it comes to the frozen food segment. From French fries to aloo tikki to veggie fingers, the list is endless.
Recently, the McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza variant caught our attention. The fusion of samosa with a cheesy pizza filling seemed interesting and we couldn’t resist trying them. We reviewed the McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza on different aspects including the price, taste, texture, ingredients and packaging.
How crispy is the outer covering? Is the filling appetising? Did the samosa fry well? To know the answers to these questions, read our McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza review below.
Table of Contents
Mccain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza – Everything You Need To Know
McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza is one of the products from the wide range of frozen foods offered by McCain. Curious to find out how the combination of Samosa with cheese pizza filling would taste, we decided to review the product. Here is our detailed review of McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza.
McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza comes in a standard red color packaging. The pack is not resealable. The mini samosas are placed in a tray and are sealed with a plastic sheet.
On opening the pack, none of the samosas were broken. The samosas inside did not stick to each other. These mini samosas do not include any sauce or chutney packet inside. A 240 gm pack of McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza includes 12 pieces.
After use, we sealed the remaining samosas and placed them in the freezer.
As we first observed the samosas, it had a triangular shape. The samosas were sealed with a beautiful and eye-catching scalloped design along the edges.
As we took a bit of these mini samosas, the taste of cheese instantly hit us. Despite the filling being present in inadequate quantities, the combination of cheese, capsicum, tomatoes, pizza sauce, onions, and herbs tasted delectable.
It contained a balanced level of seasoning and was mildly spiced. The casing is well seasoned and crisps up nicely.
Following are the ingredients used in McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza –
Refined wheat flour – maida, processed cheese – 16.2%, cheese emulsifiers, iodised salt, preservatives, cotton seed oil, water, onion- 7.6%, green capsicum – 7.5%, potato – 6.3%, tomato – 4.7%, green chilli, iodised salt, tomato powder, wheat gluten, tomato ketchup (acidity regulator, thickener, preservatives, thickener), oregano, chilli flakes, tomato paste, wheat fibre, palm oil, cheese powder, garlic, basil, red chilli powder, sugar, and white pepper powder.
Contains added flavour, natural and nature identical flavouring substances. Contains wheat and milk derivatives.
5. Texture & Colour
The McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza turned perfectly crisp on frying. The fact that it did not soak up all oil at all was a plus point. We loved how evenly brown these samosas turned out.
The flaky outer coating of the samosa and the cheesy filling inside makes these mini samosa crunchy and delectable.
6. Method of Preparation
As mentioned on the pack, there is no need to thaw these samosas before frying. For cooking these samosas, the deep-frying method is suggested.
For frying these samosas, we preheated the oil in a kadai. We did not thaw the samosas and placed them directly in the hot oil. They were deep fried until golden brown.
7. Nutritional Information
Here is the nutritional information of McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza per 100 gm.
265 kcal, 7.01 gm protein, 11.50 gm total fat and 5.19 gm sugar.
The price of a 240 gm pack of McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza is Rs. 125.
Mccain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza – Detailed Review
|Paramaters||McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza|
|Net Quantity||240 gm|
|Shelf Life||Best Before 12 months from manufacturing|
|Ingredients||Refined wheat flour – maida, processed cheese, cheese emulsifiers, iodised salt, preservatives|
|Energy (per 100 gm)||265 kcal|
In our review of McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza we have discussed the taste, texture, likes and dislikes of this frozen snack.
For reviewing, we decided to go for the 240 gm pack. On opening the pack, we noticed that the samosas were well placed in a tray and were not broken. Though we loved the cheesy filling inside, the fact that it was limited in quantity and was sparsely present left us disappointed.
It is a mildly spiced snack and has a balanced level of seasoning. McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza is an ideal option for people who do not like spicy food. You can also have these samosas with your favorite dip or sauce.
- The 240 gm pack of McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza is priced at Rs. 125/-.
- The mini samosas come placed in a tray pack.
- There are 12 mini samosas included in a 240 gm pack.
- For cooking, you need to deep-fry these mini samosa. It is not suitable for microwave cooking.
- The shelf life of the product is 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
- The pack is not resealable.
- None of the mini samosas were broken. They also did not stick to each other.
- The cheese did not spill out while frying. It remained intact.
- The taste of these mini samosas was spot on.
- We loved the fact that it did not soak too much oil while frying
- Due to the small size of the samosa these were convenient to fry.
- These mini samosas can be your next party starter.
- The proportion of the filling to the outer covering was less. It was not well-stuffed. Many pieces of the samosa that were fried contained a very little filling.
Best Suited For
The McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza will be a delicious addition to your kids birthday party. Since it is low on chilli, it is a kids-friendly snack option. If you are hosting a party and looking for a vegetarian snack option, these mini samosas can be a great addition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Mccain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza
1. Can this item be heated in a microwave oven?
No. The McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza is not suitable for heating in an Microwave oven.
2. How many samosas are there in one packet?
A 240 gm pack of McCain Mini Samosa includes 12 pieces of the mini samosas.
3. What is the ideal storage condition for this frozen snack?
It is recommended to store the McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza at a frozen temperature of -18 degrees.
4. Can this snack be consumed by children?
Yes, this snack can be consumed by children over 5 years of age. It has a balanced level of seasoning and is low on spices which makes it a kid-friendly snack option.
5. Does this snack item contain onions?
Yes, this snack contains small bits of onions mixed with capsicum, cheese and other ingredients.
We loved the delectable mix of cheese, capsicum, onions, pizza sauce and spices wrapped in a crispy layer of the samosa.
What could have been better? The ratio of the cheesy filling to the pastry.
Have you tried the McCain Mini Samosa Cheese Pizza? If yes, let us know about your experience in the comments below.
More Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.