McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets Review
What better than a cheesy, crispy snack to brighten up your day? These Chilli Cheesy Nuggets by McCain are sure to win you over.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
There is hardly any freezer in urban India that is not stocked up with some frozen foods. These frozen snacks are a good option if you have a lot of unexpected guests coming over often or if you have growing children who are constantly hungry. No matter what the reason, the convenience of just ripping open a pack and frying them is unparalleled.
Moreover, these are usually cost effective, for parties and large gatherings. Recently, we reviewed McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets. The review of this frozen snack is sure to help you decide if it is worth buying.
Read our #FirstImpression to know more.
Table of Contents
What You Need To Know About McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets
*As per information on the pack
- Do not thaw before cooking.
- These cannot be made in a microwave.
- You can cook them by deep frying and baking.
- 100 grams of this product provides about 240 KCal of energy.
McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets
The McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets are crispy with a cheddar cheese filling.
MRP – Rs 200/- for a 400 gram pack
*Price at the time of review
#FirstImpression Of McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets
Price and packaging – McCain’s Chilli Cheesy Nuggets come in a standard red McCain bag. These nuggets are priced at Rs 200/- for a 400 gram pack.
The cooking process – We cooked the McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets by deep-frying them in vegetable oil. As per the instructions, we cooked them without thawing. They cooked well under the 3-minute bar mentioned on the pack.
The texture and taste – The nuggets turned out to be super crispy. Most of them didn’t have a lot of filling. While they are tasty, but more filling could have made this snack more enjoyable. The covering is very crispy, almost like a breaded covering. Really delicious.
The spice levels are high for little kids. For slightly older kids who like medium spicy, cheesy cheddar flavor, these nuggets are a good option. We found that they were mostly hollow, and had cheese but VERY little potato chunks in them.
Overall, we felt these McCain Chilli Cheesy Nuggets are pretty addictive but would have been better if they had more filling in them.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.