Haldiram’s Javitri Papad Review – Mishry
Haldiram’s Javitri Papad has a prominent crunch and tastes delicious. More details on the product below.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
Be it a piping hot plate of dal chawal or khichdi, a side of papad is always welcome. Fry them or roast them but you cannot ignore them! Papads or popadoms are a common sight in many households and lends a crunch to any meal. Commonly made using lentils you will also come across papads made using dals, rice flour, potatoes and even sabudana.
We recently reviewed Haldiram’s Punjabi Masala Papad and loved the bold flavor. For our current review, we picked up Haldiram’s Javitri Papad to gauge how close well it delivers on the flavor. Is it crunchy? Find out all details in our Haldriam’s Javitri Papad review.
Table of Contents
Haldiram’s Javitri Papad – Everything You Need To Know
Find out different details related to Haldiram’s Javitri Papad in this section starting with the packaging to the shelf life.
Haldiram’s papad comes in a brown color pack. The pack is not resealable. The back of the pack mentions the cooking instructions and an easy recipe.
2. Main Ingredients
Here is the list of main ingredients that go into the making of Haldiram’s Javitri Papad –
Green gram pulse flour, Black gram pulse flour, Salt (sodium chloride), Sodium bicarbonate (500(ii)), Black pepper, Vegetable oil (palmolein), Mace and Asafoetida.
Javitri also known as mace is known to impart a certain warmth to dishes along with a spicy kick. It has a flavor similar to that of pepper and cinnamon.
Haldiram’s Javitri papad are well-seasoned and have a prominent warmth of mace, which justifies the flavor tag. These papads have a medium spice level with a slight peppery punch.
Did you know? Javitri (Mace) and Jaiphal (Nutmeg) come from the same Myristica fragrans tree. Nutmeg is derived from the seed and mace is obtained from the covering of the seed.
4. Appearance & Aroma
Appearance-wise, these papads are round and thin. We could see mini shreds of javitri spread across the papad unevenly. There were also a few noticeable specs of black pepper seen on the papad.
Javitri is strong, aromatic and has an almost spicy aroma, which we could smell when we opened the pack.
5. Crunch + Texture
The crunch of a papad is very significant. After all, who would prefer eating a soggy papad?
Haldiram’s Javitri papad has a pronounced crunch. We cooked these papads on both a gas stove and microwave. The papad turned out to be crisp using both the methods.
6. Nutritional Information
Here is the nutritional information related to the Haldiram’s Javitri Papad per 100 gm :
Energy : 289 kcal, Protein : 20 gm, Total Fat – 1 gm, and Carbohydrates : 50 gm.
7. Price Range
A 200 gm pack is priced at Rs. 52/-.
8. Shelf Life
The shelf life is 5 months.
Related Reading : Mother’s Recipe Papad Review
Haldiram’s Javitri Papad – Detailed Review
|Haldiram’s Javitri Papad
|Green gram pulse flour, Black gram pulse flour, Salt (sodium chloride), Sodium bicarbonate (500(ii)), Black pepper, Vegetable oil (palmolein), Mace and Asafoetida.
The pack mentions 3 methods of cooking the papad : roasting, microwaving and frying. For our review, we cooked the papad using the gas stove and the microwave method. These papads turned out to be super crispy using both the methods.
They have a medium spice level. The flavor of javitri is quite prominent and the black pepper adds a subtle heat to these papads.
We tried having these papads with amla-hara dhaniya chutney and loved how the combination tasted.
- A 200 gm pack of Haldiram Javitri Papad is priced at INR 52.
- The shelf life of this product is 5 months.
- Main ingredients : Green gram pulse flour, Black gram pulse flour, Salt (sodium chloride), Sodium bicarbonate (500(ii)), Black pepper, Vegetable oil (palmolein), Mace and Asafoetida.
- You can cook these papads in 3 different ways – roast, microwave and fry.
- These papads are well seasoned.
- The flavor of javitri comes out boldly.
- These papads turn out to be super crispy.
- We loved the slight heat added by the black pepper.
Best Suited For
Love the flavor of mace? Haldiram’s Javitri Papad is sure to be your next favorite.
Related Reading : Mother’s Recipe Potato Papad Review
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Haldiram’s Javitri Papad.
1. What is the price of Haldiram’s Javitri Papad?
This pack is priced at Rs 52/-.
2. Can this papad be paired with tea or coffee?
Papads are best paired with dal-chawal, pulao, Sindhi curry-chawal, and khichdi etc.
3. Can this papad be paired with green chutney?
Yes, you can pair these papads with green chutney. We did so and found it to be delicious.
4. Can this papad be eaten everyday?
It is best to consume papads in limited quantities as it may lead to digestive issues amongst some.
Haldiram’s Javitri Papad nailed our review test with the bold flavor of javitri and that crispy texture! We highly recommend giving these papads a try especially if you love the flavor of mace. Enjoy these as a side dish with khichdi, dal chawal, raita or as a masala papad.
Share with us your favorite papad recipes in the comments below.
Other Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.