Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rajma Chawal: #FirstImpressions
The classic combination of Rajma-Chawal is a happy place for a lot of people. So when it came in the convenience of a boxed instant meal, how could we not try it?
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
A tangy tomato-based rajma gravy along with a plateful of steamed rice, topped with aam ka achaar sounds as satisfactory as finishing your to-do list on time! Ask any hardcore Punjabi – Rajma-Chaawal is sacred. So there is probably nothing better than finding it in a ready-to-eat box, for an anytime, anywhere meal!
We tried Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rajma Chawal and here is our #FirstImpression. Will they win over or disappoint the rajma-chawal loving foodie in us?
Table of Contents
What you need to know: Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rajma Chawal
*As per information on the pack
- Serves one
- Contains milk and wheat
- The packing is recyclable
- Dehydrated weight – 105 grams
- Hydrated weight (Approx) – 310 grams
- Provides 443 calories per 100 grams
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rajma Chawal
An overpowering gravy with mushy beans brought down our high expectations.
MRP – Rs 80/-
*Price at the time of review
#FirstImpression of Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rajma Chawal
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rajma Chawal comes with a spoon and tissue. The food is packed in a box and then sealed into a foiled pack to retain its freshness. A nice step, we say.
Taste-wise, the gravy was overpowered by the taste of tomatoes making it too sour. The gravy is also a bit over salted. As for the quality of the cooked rajma and rice, the red kidney beans were broken and mushy. The rice was cooked well.
Sadly, the taste and texture were not satisfactory. This is currently not available online.
Hungry for more? Read our other #FirstImpressions here.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.