Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal: #FirstImpressions
We tasted Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal and here is what you need to know before you buy it.
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
The classic choley-chawal combination is available in a ready-to-eat packing across multiple brands. But, just because the supermarkets are full of ready-to-eat meals, doesn’t mean that they are all good, and delicious, to eat. A few hit the spot and some just fail miserably. We tried Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal and here is our #FirstImpression. Is it what we expect it to be?
Table of Contents
Important facts about Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal
*As per information on the pack
- Serves one
- Contains milk and wheat
- The packing is recyclable
- Dehydrated weight – 105 grams
- Hydrated weight (Approx) – 310 grams
- Provides 497.8 calories per 100 grams
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal
Haldiram’s choley chawal is a tasty option that you can gladly add to your list of travel-friendly meals.
MRP – Rs 80/-
*Price at the time of review
#FirstImpression of Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Choley Chawal comes in a travel-friendly packing along with a napkin and a spoon. All you need is hot water.
Texture-wise, upon rehydration, choley-chawal become a little too mushy. The rice is cooked well but the bite you expect from choley is completely missing. Having said that, the taste is quite fresh and close to the choley chawal you get in a restaurant. They are pretty spicy and the choley has a good flavor.
The nutrition table only mentions 497.8 Kcal per 100 grams, we were wondering if that is for the rehydrated or the dehydrated weight, since this isn’t clearly mentioned anywhere on the pack we bought.
A good option when you want something homestyle, hot, and have a particular craving for chhole-chawal.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.