– It's made using fruit seeds. – It's a pseudo-cereal. – It provides a satisfactory feeling making it one of the best Navratri foods.
– Amaranth makes for one of the most accessible fast-friendly protein sources due to its nutritional value. – Amaranth contains all essential amino acids. – The fiber content in Amaranth helps maintain digestive health.
– The texture of barnyard millet is similar to broken rice. – Consuming samak chawal ensures you meet your daily micronutrient needs. – Natural property of being low in sodium helps prevent water retention/bloating during fasts.
– It can be sprinkled over fruits to enhance the taste. – Rock salt with nuts like cashew or roasted fox nuts helps deal with fried food cravings. – Rock salt promotes better absorption of minerals.
– Cumin helps treat insomnia. – Cumin removes toxins from the body, which is one of the primary purposes of Navratri fasting during the time of season change.
– A great alternative of red chili. – Black pepper can be sprinkled over snacks like fruits/nuts. – Black pepper can also be added to Navratri foods like sabudana.