Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings Review – We Tried 5 Flavours
We tried all five variants of the Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings. Here is what we loved, what we didn’t!
Our reviews are research-based, and all trials and testings are conducted in-house over days and weeks. We have a strict no-free-sample policy to ensure our reviews are fair and impartial.
A good spice blend has the ability to turn the dish around completely. They can uplift a boring sabzi and add a layer of flavor. But they also have the ability to ruin the dish. The correct proportions and pairings are very important.
Kohinoor is a brand which most of us associate with basmati rice. They ventured into the world of spices and launched a variety of multi-use Seasonings. We picked all five variants of the Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings and used them to make everyday dishes in our test kitchen. Our Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings review discusses the price, packaging, and method of usage.
Table of Contents
Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings – Variants We Tried
Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings – Everything You Need To Know
From Chinese flavors to tandoori spices, Kohinoor’s Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings
Here is all that you need to know about the Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings.
1. Available Flavours
Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings have five variants –
- Kohinoor Tasty Twist Dilli Chatpata
- Kohinoor Tasty Twist Mumbai Chowpatty
- Kohinoor Tasty Twist Sizzling Tandoori
- Kohinoor Tasty Twist Special Navrattan
- Kohinoor Tasty Twist Zingy Schezwan
2. Main Ingredients
All the seasonings by Kohinoor include a different blend of spices, the details of which are mentioned below.
Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings come in vibrant colored, non-resealable pouches. All the seasoning pouches have a QR code on them. When scanned they take you to Kohinoor’s recipe page where you can find your inspiration to cook with these seasonings. The recipes are curated by Chef Ranveer Brar.
Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings – Our Review Factors
To test the Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings we set the following parameters –
The most crucial aspect to test any masala is the flavor it imparts in a dish. How well does the mentioned flavor showcase itself in the dish? Does it make the final dish tasty or is it insipid?
Eating involves multiple sensory organs. Can we smell the spices mentioned on the pack?
3. Ease Of Use
How easy is the seasoning to use?
Does the price justify the quality of the product? Would this sachet of masala be more pocket friendly than a blend of homemade spices you use for everyday cooking?
Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings – Detailed Review
Here is a comparison table of all the five variants of the Kohinoor tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings. This section also discusses our experience of each seasoning in detail.
|Name Of The Seasoning||Mumbai Chowpatty||Dilli Chatpata||Sizzling Tandoori||Special Navrattan||Zingy Schezwan|
|Price||Rs 20/-||Rs 20/-||Rs 20/-||Rs 20/-||Rs 20/-|
|Net Weight||12 gm||12 gm||12 gm||12 gm||12 gm|
|Main Ingredients (Top 3 spices)||Chilli
|Shelf Life||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year|
1. Mumbai Chowpatty
The name ‘Mumbai Chowpatty’ brings all the mouth-watering street style foods into mind. The butter-soaked pao bhaji, pani puri, vada pav, Bombay sandwiches and so much more.
How can you use it? As per the pack, the Mumbai Chowpatty seasoning can be used to make potato based burger patties, an aloo-toastie, or added to boiled rice to make tawa pulao.
How we tried it – We used this seasoning to make a potato toastie. We added the entire pack of the masala to four boiled, mashed potatoes. We did not add any other spices. Apart from liberal amounts of butter, we did add some sev and pomegranate to the toastie.
The end result – This seasoning has a perfect balance of spiciness. The cumin and chilli provide a zing which elevates the flavor of the entire toastie. The seasoning doesn’t oversalt the prepared dish. This masala is very versatile and lends that authentic street-style flavor to a plain boiled potato mash as well.
- A 12 gm pack of Kohinoor Tasty Twist Mumbai Chowpatty Seasoning is priced at Rs 20/-.
- Ingredients – Spice and spice extracts (Chilli 17%, Coriander 16.5%, Cumin 5.5%, Clove 0.2%, Cardamom 0.2%, Sinnamon 0.2%), Iodized salt, Sugar, Dehydrated vegetables (Tomato powder, Kasuri methi leaves 0.5%), Hydrolyzed veg protein
- Allergen information – Contains Soy. May contain milk,nut, peanut, mustard, celery, gluten and sesame products.
- Shelf life – 1 year
- The spice levels are balanced.
- The cumin and chilli made their presence felt.
- This doesn’t oversalt the dish.
Best Suited For
Need a readymade street-style masala for your homemade toasties? The Mumbai Chowpatty seasoning is for you.
2. Dilli Chatpata
How can you use it? Dilli Chatpata seasoning can be used as a sprinkling on top of fried snacks. Apart from that, this can be used to make a rice dish or added to a dip as well.
How we tried it – We followed Chef Ranveer Brar’s recipe given on Kohinoor’s website. We turned this into a Delhi-style aloo chaat. We deep fried chunks of potatoes (180 gms) and sprinkled 8 gms of the masala on top. We tossed them well and tasted.
The end result – This masala is mildly coarse and coated the potatoes very well. The Dilli Chatpata Seasoning adds a mild chatpata flavor along with a mild hit of sweetness. If you’re someone who likes an extra spicy or salty plate of aloo chaat, we advise you add some more masala and salt. The salt levels are a bit lesser than usual.
We felt that even though the masala adds spiciness to a bowl of plain, fried potatoes, the salt and bright, chatpata flavor we were looking for was a bit lower.
- A 12 gm pack of Kohinoor Tasty Twist Dilli Chatpata Seasoning is priced at Rs 20/-.
- Ingredients – Spices and condiments (Chili, Cumin, Black pepper), Iodized salt, Sugar, Cornflour, Black salt, Hydrolysed vegetable protein, Coriander leaves, Flavor enhancers.
- The shelf life is 1 year.
- The masala coats the dish very well.
- The chatpata factor we were looking for was on the lower side.
- The salt levels are low as well.
3. Special Navratan
How can you use it? You can use this masala to make navratan pulao, navratan raita or toss it with boiled sweet potatoes to make a unique navratan chaat.
How we tried it – We tried this masala in a pineapple raita (as suggested). In 400 gms of curd, we added 80 gms of chopped pineapple and 12gms of the masala.
The end result – The raita turned out to be delicious. The salt is balanced. The masala turned our raita a mild yellow in color. It lends a mild peppery taste which along with the sweetness of pineapple is yum.
This masala would taste great in a pulao with fried cashews and veggies as well.
- The price, net weight and shelf life of the Kohinoor Tasty Twist Navratan Seasoning is the same as the above variant.
- Ingredients – Sugar, Spice and Condiments (Turmeric 5.4%), Iodized salt, Acidity regulator, Flavour enhancer, Coriander leaves – 0.5%.
- Contains added nature identical pineapple flavouring substances.
- We liked the mild pepper kick this seasoning gives.
- The salt levels are perfect.
Best Suited For
This multi-use seasoning is best suited to make navratan korma, pulao and pineapple raita.
4. Sizzling Tandoori
How can you use it? As per the website, you can make recipes like tandoori tikkas and chicken tikka pasta as well.
How we tried it – We added this multi-use seasoning to yogurt, roasted besan and marinated the veggies and paneer. We added the entire pack to 1.5 cups of curd and 1/3rd cup besan. The veggies we added included 1 large capsicum and onion. We used Patanjali paneer. While the recipe mentions the addition of extra garlic and ginger, we refrained from doing so as we wanted to check the original proportions of the seasoning.
The end result – A no-fuss tikka! You don’t have to think twice about adding the correct portions of masalas to make a good homemade tandoori tikka.
This seasoning is a perfect balance of salt and other spices. The heat level is medium, so people who like to go bold on the chilli front can add red chilli powder and crushed green chillies for an added kick. There is a nice, smoky flavor from the kasuri methi which gives an authentic tandoori flavor.
- The price, shelf life and net weight is the same as the above variants.
- Ingredients – Spices and spice extracts (Chilli – 20%, Garlic 7%, Ginger – 4%), Iodized salt, Sugar, Acidity regulator, Hydrolysed veg protein, Dehydrated vegetable (Methi leaves – 1%)
- This is a well-balanced seasoning.
- We like the smoky, tandoori flavors this masala lends to a paneer tikka.
Best Suited For
Making homemade tikkas? This multi-use seasoning is delicious and convenient.
5. Zingy Schezwan
How can you use it? This seasoning can be used to make a simple dish of stir fried vegetables, fried rice, schezwan noodles and even a gobhi manchurian.
How we tried it – We made a bowl of fried rice using the Kohinoor Tasty Twist Zingy Schezwan Seasoning. We used the entire sachet with 4 cups of boiled rice along with some chopped carrots and beans.
The end result – Schezwan is synonymous with spicy! So did the Kohinoor Zingy Schezwan Seasoning deliver on that promise? Yes! It’s spicy and has a bold garlicky flavor which works very well with the rice.
- The shelf life, price and net weight remain the same as the other variants.
- Ingredients – Spice and spice extracts (Chili, Garlic, Schezwan pepper), Iodized salt, Cornflour, Sugar, Flavor enhancer.
- Spicy and bold flavor of schezwan.
- Very nice garlicky flavor.
Best Suited For
Love bold, spicy schezwan flavors? This seasoning will help you make Desi-Chinese cooking easy.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations – Which Flavour Stands Out?
Four seasonings stood out for us – Zingy Schezwan, Sizzling Tandoori, Mumbai Chowpatty, and Special Navratan. They add in a whole lot of convenience and flavor. Thumbs up for the smoky flavor of tandoori seasoning, the mild pepper kick of the navratan seasoning and the spicy schezwan flavors.
Dilli Chatpata, although tasty, lacked that wow-factor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings.
1. Are Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings available in grocery stores?
Yes. Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings are available in local grocery stores as well as on online grocery shopping portals like Amazon.
2. Which flavour of Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings is the best?
We enjoyed all the variants of Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings and they are true to their labeled flavors.
3. What is the shelf life of Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings?
The shelf life of these seasonings is 1 year.
4. Are Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings flavours gluten-free?
No. These seasonings are not gluten-free. The pack mentions ‘gluten’ in the list of ingredients.
5. How to store Kohinoor Tasty Twist multi-Seasonings?
These seasonings come in a non-resealable pouch. These are just 12 gm sachets so mostly everything gets used up in a single use. But if still some masala remains, these can be stored in an airtight container. You can also tie it up with an elastic band to avoid moisture ruining the masala.
Final Verdict – Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasoning
The Kohinoor Tasty Twist Multi-Use Seasonings are a fool-proof way to rustle up something exciting in the kitchen. You do not need any extra spices to perfect that recipe. We liked three seasonings the most – Sizzling Tandoori, Special Navratan and Zingy Schezwan.
Have you tried any seasoning from the Kohinoor Tasty Twist range before? If yes, which one? Let us know in the comment section.
More Reviews Like Kohinoor Tasty Twist Seasonings
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.